Sign in to follow this  
naiconn1981

Gargoyles Behaviour card question

Hi,

From the Arc details, does the miniboss make any attacks? 

What is the difference between Green and Black Arc.  In the book I know Black Arc is normal, bit what does normal mean? 

20170429_163309877_iOS.jpg.c8ad1778d5c7101bcbe51a302b36b2e7.jpg

Red arcs are weak arcs - you get +1 black die when attacking a boss in a weak arc.

Green arcs are attack arcs - that's where the boss attacks if it's an "area" attack with the "area" icon.

Black arcs have no effect; they're just not red or green. ;)

This attack is against the character with the Aggro token. That skull icon means "attack the aggro." If the character with the Aggro token is in range, they're going to be attacked for 6 damage.

As there are no green arcs the gargoyle doesn't do any 'sweeping' attacks. In this situation the person with the Aggro token is the only person being attacked. If there was a green arc there too it would attack any one else in that arc within its range. 

Let me describe the complete behavior here:

Movement

1. If already on the same node as the target (aggro character), push it on an adjacent node in the same arc, then turn to face (center of front arc) target and follow on the targets node, push again and this completes the movement (Remember that it does NOT turn to face again, since the boss has no movement left)

2. If not on the same node as the target, face to turn an adjacent node closer to the target, then move onto that node. If on the same node as target then, push it on an adjacent node in the same arc and this completes the movement.

Attack

Attack target (aggro character) for 6 damage with a range of 1. Means, if the target now is on any adjacent node to the boss, it will be attacked. And ONLY the target, since this is not an area attack (no area icon at bottom left). And it doesn't matter what direction the boss is facing here and it will never turn within an attack!

The arc diagram here - without area icon at bottom left (!) - never has anything to do with where the boss will attack (that's why you also don't see green arcs), it's only relevant to tell if and where weak arcs are...

So with an attack that does have green arcs does the boss only attack in those arcs? Or are you saying the boss can hit anyone in its 360 radius no matter green, black, or red as long as they're in range?

1 hour ago, Dephicits said:

So with an attack that does have green arcs does the boss only attack in those arcs? Or are you saying the boss can hit anyone in its 360 radius no matter green, black, or red as long as they're in range?

If the attack has green arcs, it hits anybody in those arcs.

If it has no green arcs, but has a nearest token or an aggro token, then it hits either the nearest or the person with aggro, assuming they're in range. 

8 hours ago, Archangel said:

If the attack has green arcs, it hits anybody in range in those arcs.

If it has no green arcs, it always means but has a nearest token or an aggro token (and the arc diagram's only purpose then is to show if there are any weak arcs), then it hits either the nearest or the person with aggro, assuming they're in range. 

I clarified that in some more detail! ;)

On 2017-4-29 at 7:03 PM, DC said:

Correct. Red simply signifies weak arc.

Ialz2h9.jpg

So just to double check, in this example all arcs are hit, even in the green one? I've read conflicting advice here. 

5 hours ago, Goseki said:

Ialz2h9.jpg

So just to double check, in this example all arcs are hit, even in the green one? I've read conflicting advice here. 

In that picture only the arcs with the "points" are targeted. Front, Right, Left. Back arc is the weak spot. And of the attack arcs, only people up to 1 node away will be in range to be hit.

I meant red arc in my earlier post hut you answered my quest, cheers. Are there any examples of a red weak arc, where the player is also hit? So an arrow would go put rather than there being a concave in? 

5 minutes ago, Goseki said:

I meant red arc in my earlier post hut you answered my quest, cheers. Are there any examples of a red weak arc, where the player is also hit? So an arrow would go put rather than there being a concave in? 

There is either green and red, indicating the attacked arcs and the weak spot, or simply a weak spot and the attack goes to whoever is the target of the attack regardless of the arc.

There is no yellow indicator.