• Announcements

• Mako

Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  
Poetica

Mo-Ball podcast episode 2

Episode 2 of the MO-Ball podcast is up!

We talk new Hunters, Farmers and abit of WTC. Carl takes the night off, so we locked our good friend Dorian in the room with us and made him talk.

We are giving away a pro painted LE Fangtooth. Details inside the podcast!

https://mo-ball.net/podcast

https://www.patreon.com/moball

https://www.facebook.com/moball.net

1 hour ago, HammerTime said:

Hey guys love your show.  This is Jared McGraw and I live in Virginia playing at the Washington DC meta mostly.  Come out to the Spring Fling!

Didn't Double Dodge do an interview with you in their last episode? 

11 hours ago, HammerTime said:

Hey guys love your show.  This is Jared McGraw and I live in Virginia playing at the Washington DC meta mostly.  Come out to the Spring Fling!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out but hopefully you will be at steamcon usa.Just look for big dude overalls and trucker hat

10 hours ago, HuggyTheBear said:

Didn't Double Dodge do an interview with you in their last episode? 

Yeah I am good friends with those guys through a lot of Vassal games.  

57 minutes ago, BREW BALLS said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out but hopefully you will be at steamcon usa.Just look for big dude overalls and trucker hat

I kind of want to dress up as JackStraw.  Figured I could just pull off straw to be used as measuring sticks.

1 hour ago, HammerTime said:

Yeah I am good friends with those guys through a lot of Vassal games.  

I kind of want to dress up as JackStraw.  Figured I could just pull off straw to be used as measuring sticks.

I'm just ready for models so I can try them in tournaments

8 hours ago, RandomScrub said:

Thanks for the shout out gents, enjoyed the episode.

About to embark on playing hunters for at least a month straight because I want to believe.

I want to believe...my wife is pissed because of my thoughts on the hunters

11 hours ago, RandomScrub said:

Thanks for the shout out gents, enjoyed the episode.

About to embark on playing hunters for at least a month straight because I want to believe.

its good to have goals in life.

11 hours ago, BREW BALLS said:

I want to believe...my wife is pissed because of my thoughts on the hunters

i hope your couch/doghouse is comfy ...

9 hours ago, Poetica said:

its good to have goals in life.

and in game!

Hi guys, fresh morticians player here! just listened the 2 episodes on a row today, excellent job! We don't have any podcast about gb here in Spain so is always nice to see more people doing them.

And about your question in the last episode, I'd love if you do episodes for the guilds to see what 9 you choose on each and why.

Keep going like this!

13 hours ago, Ridolf said:

Hi guys, fresh morticians player here! just listened the 2 episodes on a row today, excellent job! We don't have any podcast about gb here in Spain so is always nice to see more people doing them.

And about your question in the last episode, I'd love if you do episodes for the guilds to see what 9 you choose on each and why.

Keep going like this!

Don't you worry man more episodes and in depth roster building headed your way

Hey guys, one of those european guys here who actually likes the new Hunters :D

I feel like you're all a little bit negative on your cast, and to be perfectly honest I think you should play the models before you judge them. At several points in the show you point out how much setup is nescessary to make the new models work, but 10 mins later you say you all love the farmers because they got so much synergy. Made me lough a bit to be honest.

I mean guys, at the end of the day Ulfr is still a Striker with a 3/6 kick and WTG, even without any setup that's nothing to sneeze at.

Besides that I really enjoy your cast, roll on!

20 minutes ago, TimBo said:

I feel like you're all a little bit negative on your cast, and to be perfectly honest I think you should play the models before you judge them. At several points in the show you point out how much setup is nescessary to make the new models work, but 10 mins later you say you all love the farmers because they got so much synergy. Made me lough a bit to be honest.

I mean guys, at the end of the day Ulfr is still a Striker with a 3/6 kick and WTG, even without any setup that's nothing to sneeze at.

I very much agree with this, can't really know the In and outs of players unless you give them a few games. Maybe Its a Meta thing, some have really embraced the new Hunters Including mine and are having good success with them. I have had five win out of five games with them and that's against good players that like me have been playing since Kickstarter days, have a lot of experience and play a lot.

I'm loving them, very fun to play, dynamic and are competitive. I'm not saying them are Top Tier but defo an Improvement and a great addition to the game.

38 minutes ago, TimBo said:

I'll be honest for me personally before the podcast I proxies the new hunters and I couldn't wrap my head around them so I was frustrated with them while we were recording as I've looked at them more I'm finding things but until my wife really gets going with them I won't know their true capabilities

I've heard a lot of criticism levelled at Ulfr, most of it focused around how 'complicated' he is. Initially there was a lot of confusion over Vet Hearne as well, but people have come around to the fact that 2" Melee + low KD + 2 influence is enough on its own to be interesting without having to worry about teleporting, etc.

Ulfr is kind of the same - at worst, he has the same goal threat as Greyscales for 3 influence which alone, is a fairly big deal for a team as goal starved as Season 2 Hunters. Everything else is just extras - extras you can sometimes use to great effect, but sometimes you just won't need. What he can't do for you is take a ball, damage build momentum and dodge all in the same turn. He can do a combo of some of these things, but he's not a one man striking machine that can do everything at once. I personally think he's the most important new model, as he gives a Theron team a much better ability to play for goals than previously existed.

1 hour ago, FearLord said:

I've heard a lot of criticism levelled at Ulfr, most of it focused around how 'complicated' he is. Initially there was a lot of confusion over Vet Hearne as well, but people have come around to the fact that 2" Melee + low KD + 2 influence is enough on its own to be interesting without having to worry about teleporting, etc.

Ulfr is kind of the same - at worst, he has the same goal threat as Greyscales for 3 influence which alone, is a fairly big deal for a team as goal starved as Season 2 Hunters. Everything else is just extras - extras you can sometimes use to great effect, but sometimes you just won't need. What he can't do for you is take a ball, damage build momentum and dodge all in the same turn. He can do a combo of some of these things, but he's not a one man striking machine that can do everything at once. I personally think he's the most important new model, as he gives a Theron team a much better ability to play for goals than previously existed.

You nailed it. Ulfr wants to be able to do it all but can't. I want him to go get me the all, dmg, all that stuff and he can't. 

Vet Hearn can help with the right positioning. Using last light on ulfr to make WTG basically a heroic play. (Which helps ALOT)

2 hours ago, TimBo said:

Set up and synergy are two different things synergy in my mind is buffing each other without spending resources.

Set up is putting multiple abilities over multiple activations to complete the task required