• Announcements

• Mako

Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  

Finally received my retail backer copy last night - I think retail backers should expect to get their games later on average, as both stores in my area got their copies well after all of my friends who individually backed it received theirs.

Im just curious if anyone is still at the "label created" stage with no ETA. Still waiting patiently but no status change since 5/5/17 has me a bit nervous.

Is Backerkit supposed to show whether or not my package is on the way? I've yet to hear anything about what's going on, the wait is getting excruciating :(

+ Edit :

20 hours ago, xXJediNiteXx said:

Im just curious if anyone is still at the "label created" stage with no ETA. Still waiting patiently but no status change since 5/5/17 has me a bit nervous.

Mine still shows as Answered, unless I'm not looking at the right place?

BackerKit.png.0b7278ebdec195d3dd0e6643b71fc450.png

22 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Is Backerkit supposed to show whether or not my package is on the way? I've yet to hear anything about what's going on, the wait is getting excruciating :(

Once the shipping label is created the fulfillment company should send that information to Backerkit and it'll show up in your account at that time.

Mine was at "Partially Shipped" for two weeks before I finally got tracking info.

2 minutes ago, Ashraam said:

Once the shipping label is created the fulfillment company should send that information to Backerkit and it'll show up in your account at that time.

Mine was at "Partially Shipped" for two weeks before I finally got tracking info.

Guess that means I shouldn't expect anything anytime soon (as seen in my post above)... :(

4 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Guess that means I shouldn't expect anything anytime soon (as seen in my post above)... :(

It may not be as bad as it sounds. Some people got tracking just a couple days after status changed to Partially Shipped. Mine was definitely longer than the average.

Hopefully yours gets moving soon!

3 hours ago, Spinsane said:

Do you mind my asking where your located? No need to get specific, region or state is fine.

Im NY but ive seen several northeast people who have gotten their games.

28 minutes ago, xXJediNiteXx said:

Do you mind my asking where your located? No need to get specific, region or state is fine.

Im NY but ive seen several northeast people who have gotten their games.

His forum profile says Montreal, Canada.  :)

Yeah, I'm in Canada. I've seen lots of Canadians say they received their copies already, and the latest update which claimed SFG hadn't yet forgotten about us, but the lack of updates on Backerkit is infuriating. Has my order moved at all or am I still on queue waiting for someone to get their hands off their ass? I mean, sure they have a s...load of boxes to ship, but how come some packages take a day to prepare and ship whereas others take a month? It just doesn't add up.

If at least there was any way for us to point fingers at someone, but then I can't even convincingly blame SFG now... /sigh

A pretty good number of Canadians actually got the game before I did, so I understand your frustration. I had to laugh when I saw pictures from a guy in Alaska who'd received the game and mine still hadn't shipped.

I think it's largely because there are so many games to pack and ship that they can't do them all at once. They have to pack and ship them in batches that will fit on a truck to be picked up for delivery by the package carrier. No fulfillment center is going to have space to store thousands of copies of packaged games just so they can all ship at the same time.

At least that's my take on it.

That they can't all ship at once is understandable. That we can't even know how many they have to ship, and how many can be shipped per day so we can have an idea how long it's gonna take to shove everything out the door, however, is bothersome.

Let me quote SFG's March 30th KS Status update a moment :

Our German partners estimate they can assemble 1000 to 1200 copies per hour right now.

They CAN'T have any shortage of games, at that rate. According to the same post, they can fit about 2500 boxes per truck, which means that an empty truck can be filled every 2 hours or so. With this in mind, availability of the games should not be the issue. It's the shipping that's at fault.

Where are the boxes now? Has everything been sent from the factories to the delivery hubs? How are the hubs handling the traffic and presure? How many games can the hubs send out per day? How many HAVE already been sent out?

I know SFG isn't handling any of this, but currently it almost sounds as though they're completely in the dark as to how things are moving along... :\ I know they have other business to take care of (and, being a huge fan of Guild Ball, I'm glad they do take care of it too), it's just baffling how difficult it is for information to trickle back to us from Steamforge's partners... :(

I definitely get the frustration. I was in that same darkness not long ago.

I really wanted to email SFG to see if something had happened to my order after it got sent to fulfillment since it was at Partially Shipped for so long. Ultimately I just waited as I didn't want to add to the email backlog since people with damaged/missing components were still waiting on answers.

A few of us on the FB group actually started comparing notes and realized what we all had in common was that we had pledged for 2 copies. It SEEMS like that was what delayed our orders shipping. I say seems, because we don't have confirmation of that, but once they did ship we all got shipping notices within hours of one another.

All I can really offer is to just try and be patient. It sucks, but I don't think much further information is going to be forthcoming.  :(

1 hour ago, Ashraam said:

All I can really offer is to just try and be patient. It sucks, but I don't think much further information is going to be forthcoming.  :(

I don't mind the wait, I just hate being kept in the dark like this and being left with the feeling that Steamforged themselves are being kept in the dark too. The trickle of information that comes through makes it feel as though they're unaware of what's going on and how things are unfolding, which in turn makes it appear as though a disaster is about to happen...

Plus the rumor I stumbled upon yesterday on Facebook that said SFG's Customer Service lady was no longer with the company? Ugh, that's a rough time to see her go, if true (and very sad news too, she was a blessing whenever I had to deal with CS).

US retail backer, no idea what's going on with my pledge.

Nothing is showing in Backerkit and Steamforged hasn't responded to any emails I've sent. This Kickstarter has been very frustrating as contact has been lackluster and they haven't kept to their promises.

Sorry if this comes through as aggressive, but I'm extremely upset and worried I'll go through the same problems come October.

4 hours ago, Spinsane said:

Plus the rumor I stumbled upon yesterday on Facebook that said SFG's Customer Service lady was no longer with the company? Ugh, that's a rough time to see her go, if true (and very sad news too, she was a blessing whenever I had to deal with CS).

It's come up on here in a couple of places; just as fulfilment started their customer service person left, so as the emails flooded in they were also trying to find, hire and train up a replacement. They're slowly catching up with the email backlog but aren't there yet.

Not great news I know, but that does go some way to explaining the communications delays.