• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
Peppepeppe69

Help! I am a new fan

Hello to everyone!

I have bought the kick off starter set and the starter set or the hunters.

After that I have seen that in June there will be new starter set for engeneers, butchers and fishermans (i have supposed thtat the models inside are metallic). I have thought to buy them to enlarge my collection mixing plastic and metals (sure I will buy the farmers in plastic when they will be avalaible).

Keep in mind that I will play only with my son or some friends, therefore it is more important to me to have different mechanics in play that to have the strong team.

However seeing the price of these new starter set I am asking to you experts of Guild Ball if this choice is correct; infact buying picking one by one is almost the same price. is there something that I am not understood that it is inside the starter set (the season 3 cards are not usefule for me because I have already bought the cards because the season 2 hunter set).

What do you suggest, buy the starter set or picking single components (and the old starter set)?

So keeping in mind I've not bought one of the new 6 player starters, due to owning them all regularly and not being released yet, I don't see there being anything in them besides about a £2 savings over buying the old style 3 player starter and the other 3 included. 

The transition seems to be in order to 1: reduce the number of "SKU" in order to make business simpler (I don't know much about this) and 2: to put together a full team in order to make jumping in simpler for new players after they release.

I think there's also been mention of repackaging the other models available in a similar way as hunters (6 player starter+4 player expansion) further down the road, but not sure if an official company statement has been made regarding that.

TL; Dr if you want the models before the box set or want just specific ones there is no real reason to wait

The engineers set is quite good value because it includes Colossus, who is an expensive model on a 50mm base. The engineers separately cost £59.30, so you save £9.30 by getting them in the six-man box set.

But probably best to choose the team you like the models for best or with the best story!

14 hours ago, Peppepeppe69 said:

Hello to everyone!

I have bought the kick off starter set and the starter set or the hunters.

After that I have seen that in June there will be new starter set for engeneers, butchers and fishermans (i have supposed thtat the models inside are metallic). I have thought to buy them to enlarge my collection mixing plastic and metals (sure I will buy the farmers in plastic when they will be avalaible).

Keep in mind that I will play only with my son or some friends, therefore it is more important to me to have different mechanics in play that to have the strong team.

However seeing the price of these new starter set I am asking to you experts of Guild Ball if this choice is correct; infact buying picking one by one is almost the same price. is there something that I am not understood that it is inside the starter set (the season 3 cards are not usefule for me because I have already bought the cards because the season 2 hunter set).

What do you suggest, buy the starter set or picking single components (and the old starter set)?

The starter sets appear to be just a repackaging so that you can get a whole team in a box when you start.

I would recommend seeing what interests you and your group after you've played a few games. Some of you may find you really like one of the teams you've already got, and so would want to explore some of the different player options with that guild, whereas other may want to try out a new guild. Plus if you're buying the models that everyone else is using you can decide based on what you want to play against as much as what you want t play with.

Cheerio,

Ben

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

So it is useless to wait for the new starter sets. Pehaps I will buy only the engeener's set becase of Colossus.

At the contrary, may you suggest me one or two characters for every guild to buy besides the 6 starter set (or the usual 6 starters of the season 1)?

And for the Union, I will buy the starter set and 4 models that I like (avarice, rage, the hat and fangtooth). besides these 7 what mascot do you suggest? Is there someon else that it is so imoprtant to have besides the 7 I written?

Butchers: Meathook is a great utility player. Fillet is a solid captain and Veteran Ox plays well with her.

Fishermen: Hag is a great utility player. Corsair is a solid captain and Veteran Siren plays well with him.

Brewers: Pintpot is a great brawler. Esters is a solid captain and Mash plays well with her.

Masons: Tower is a great utility player. Hammer is a solid captain.

Alchemists: Compound is a great utility player. Smoke is a solid captain and Veteran Katalyst plays well with her.

Engineers: Hoist is great at everything, Locus is a handy utility player. Pin Vice is a solid captain.

Morticians: Brainpan and Memory are versatile and fun to play. Scalpel is a solid captain and Casket plays well with her.

---

Union: Mist is the best striker you have available, and plays particularly well with SBrisket (the third Captain option). Minx is also solid. For mascots, Strongbox is great in a fighting team while Coin is more of an all-rounder.