Wynter

Snowball - ball token?

I know this is a little early, but does Snowball create a ball token?

And if so, what happens to it after it has been passed.

EDIT - Never mind, just discovered that the word Snowball is a link to the rule.

GB-S3-Hunters-Skatha-1.jpg

What happens if Skatha uses Snowball while already in possession of the ball-marker?  Can she hold 2 at once or does one scatter?  If she suffers a tackle while in possession of both a snowball and the ball marker, does the tackler get both or just one?

The Dodge Ball and Multi-ball Mayhem formats in the Mob Football Association documents add the following Special Rule:

"A model may have possession of multiple ball-markers in this format. A model in possession of multiple ballmarkers still must spend [1] Influence to Pass each ballmarker individually."

This isn't in the Season 3 Rulebook (at least the online version), so it's unclear whether this is just a clarification that you can have multiples or whether it is a permissive rule that you can in these formats but not normally.

Tackling a player with multiple balls doesn't seem to be covered anywhere yet. 

Well it never mattered which ball you took in multi ball, is there much advantage of taking the phantom? If I do steal it, it will be gone before I can do anything with it. 

21 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

Well it never mattered which ball you took in multi ball, is there much advantage of taking the phantom? If I do steal it, it will be gone before I can do anything with it. 

I think the phantom ball only only matters if for whatever reason your only useful result is a Tackle against Skatha, you might as well take the ball from her so she can't use it to dodge herself or others.  

29 minutes ago, kryzak said:

I think the phantom ball only only matters if for whatever reason your only useful result is a Tackle against Skatha, you might as well take the ball from her so she can't use it to dodge herself or others.  

True, might be a useful option after crappy dice on a CA.

From the rulebook...

":T: Tackle - If the target enemy model currently has possession of THE ball-marker, the active model immediately gains possession of THE ball-marker."

Obviously, the emphasis is mine, but I think "THE" is the operative word here. Needs a ruling for clarity methinks.

Not marked as checking and there are some unanswered questions here.

How does creating a ball-marker when you are already in possession of the ball? 

Is it legal at all?

If it is, and you take a parting blow with both the ball and snowball, what happens? Do you choose? Does your opponent choose? Is there no choice and it's always the ball and not the snowball?

Can snow trigger Oooh...Ball off of this marker?

Yes you gain momentum and can use teamwork actions from passing the snowball around.

In play a model may have the ball and a snow ball token.

When being tackled, I have always played it that the active player chooses which to tackle if there is a choice of the two.

22 minutes ago, Stephen78 said:

Yes you gain momentum and can use teamwork actions from passing the snowball around.

In play a model may have the ball and a snow ball token.

When being tackled, I have always played it that the active player chooses which to tackle if there is a choice of the two.

This was my understanding during play testing as well.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Tackling a player with multiple balls doesn't seem to be covered anywhere yet. 

Really disappointed nobody has responded to this yet. 

2 hours ago, Dracilic said:

Not marked as checking and there are some unanswered questions here.

How does creating a ball-marker when you are already in possession of the ball? 

Is it legal at all?

If it is, and you take a parting blow with both the ball and snowball, what happens? Do you choose? Does your opponent choose? Is there no choice and it's always the ball and not the snowball?

Can snow trigger Oooh...Ball off of this marker?

In building off this - if Spigod were to wrap on a counter attack (say, thanks to crowd outs or a vengeance token) against Skatha holding a ball + the snowball, could he trigger two Ball's Gone!  to (for example) dodge himself 8" away, or dodge a friendly target into scoring range with the snowball and then set up a snap shot with the real ball token?

If Skatha creates a snowball while standing behind her own goal line, or passes the snowball to a player behind the hunters goal, does it prevent the hunters from generating momentum?

1. Does it create a ball marker? Yes

2. Can a model have possession of two ball markers? Yes. As in the organised play formats, a model with multiple ball markers must pay to Kick each ball marker separately

3. If a model with multiple ball markers is Tackled, what happens? The Controlling player chooses which ball marker the active model takes possession of

4. Can a player multi-Ball's Gone off a player with multiple ball markers? Yes. Resolve each pass and any teamwork actions before resolving the next.

5. If the snowball is behind the friendly Hunters' goal line, does it stop momentum generation? Only the "real" ball marker counts in this situation.

Hope that clears everything up.  Just a quick reminder to close that it's far easier if we have a single question per thread, as in the posting guidelines.

1 hour ago, MilitaryCoo said:

3. If a model with multiple ball markers is Tackled, what happens? The Controlling player chooses which ball marker the active model takes possession of

Can you clarify on the active player?  If I am moving Skatha with 2 balls in her possession away from an enemy model, and they Tackle on the parting blow, am I the active player, while the parting blow means that my opponent's model is active at the time?  By this I mean do I choose which ball my opponent gets if it is during my activation?  I think the only time it would matter when they are activating a model with Counter Charge, and they choose to Tackle, they could pick the actual ball, or both if they wrap and get 2 Tackles, then if I counter-attack, who counts as active?

5 minutes ago, Atras said:

Can you clarify on the active player?  If I am moving Skatha with 2 balls in her possession away from an enemy model, and they Tackle on the parting blow, am I the active player, while the parting blow means that my opponent's model is active at the time?  By this I mean do I choose which ball my opponent gets if it is during my activation?  I think the only time it would matter when they are activating a model with Counter Charge, and they choose to Tackle, they could pick the actual ball, or both if they wrap and get 2 Tackles, then if I counter-attack, who counts as active?

The Controlling player decides, so in the case of a Parting Blow it would be the Controlling player in control of the active model (i.e. the one doing the Parting Blow) that would decide.

1 hour ago, Atras said:

Active model is defined in the rulebook, and doesn't mean whose activation it is.

10 hours ago, Totes McAwesome said:

Can Skatha pass the ball to say Ulfr who already has possession of the ball. On recieving the snow ball can this trigger a snapshot?

Quick note to say that we're aware of this question, and it should be considered "Checking..."

7 hours ago, MilitaryCoo said:

Quick note to say that we're aware of this question, and it should be considered "Checking..."

Sound. I just asked because it says the ball token can't be used to make a shot, or score a goal. The 2 separate clauses made me wonder why they where both there as if you can't make a shot you can't score a goal anyway. 

Thanks for the update. 

If its any help when i was play testing this, i did it so that a pass with the snowball would not trigger a snap shot.

Thinking that a snap shot is with the ball youve just received.