Wynter

Snowball - ball token?

7 minutes ago, masterkdog said:

did we get an answer on the Snowball triggering oooh Ball.....?

It's a ball you can't score goals with. It triggers Oooh Ball.

6 hours ago, Stephen78 said:

If its any help when i was play testing this, i did it so that a pass with the snowball would not trigger a snap shot.

Thinking that a snap shot is with the ball youve just received.

Sound. I did wonder if this was the case. Just checking though because by the wording of a snap shot it actually just says when a model receives a pass it may make a snap shot. It doesn't specify when the model receives the ball token it can make a snapshot. I know this is a very corner case scenario because let's face it... No one else has access to this kind of tech.

However on the card it does also say that the snowball can't be used to make a shot! Uggh my poor brain.

On Thu Apr 27 2017 at 1:56 AM, Totes McAwesome said:

Sound. I just asked because it says the ball token can't be used to make a shot, or score a goal. The 2 separate clauses made me wonder why they where both there as if you can't make a shot you can't score a goal anyway. 

Thanks for the update. 

I assume the reasoning is to prevent a shot on goal to try and generate momentum/possible screamers. I think there is also some interactions with plot cards but I'll have to double check them to be sure.

On 2017-5-12 at 9:19 AM, TheLieutenant said:

Due to the wording on Snap Shots, yes, if a model with possession of the ball-marker receives a Pass that's made with a Snowball, it may make a Snap Shot with the ball-marker. 

We'll look at this wording, but for now, it stands. 

Cheers B