• Announcements

• Mako

Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  
Tashunka

New Brewer from Pittsburgh

Hello all,

Completely new to Guild Ball.  I've heard of it before but never really checked it out until I read an article comparing and contrasting it to Blood Bowl (a game I've loved for three decades).  This is a totally different experience but it seems to appeal to a similar type of player.  The models are amazing, and as I looked over the Guilds I realized that Brewers were the only ones for me.  What could be better than Scottish hooligans who swig ale and whisky and occasionally set people on fire? :D

I don't know if anyone plays in the Pittsburgh area but I bought myself the Kick Off box (and Esters and Stoker) anyhow.  Looking forward to painting them up and maybe getting a game in some day.

On 4/8/2017 at 0:10 PM, MandalorynOranj said:

What part of Pittsburgh? I'll be in town from the 21-23 for Carnival at CMU, might be able to swing a game while I'm there!

Spoke to you on FB earlier in the week.  Perhaps if you and I are both in the Oakland area some time we can get a game in - I don't know if Phantom has tables or not.  Great store but the parking in that area is awful.  Which is a shame because I'd like to take my girlfriend to Union Grill so she can try what I've been raving about.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! My box arrived yesterday, the minis look great but it will probably be a while before I can finish my painting backlog.  I might try Clan Scott tartan because it's my family.

Oh hey. I'm also a new player in Pittsburgh -- I picked up Kick Off and have been playing with my kid. Completed the two teams and picked up Union recently.

I'd love to get a game in sometime. Phantom in Oakland has a few tables but not a ton -- usually I do my miniatures gaming north of the city at Legions or down south at Drawbridge.

Drawbridge would be great - it's about 6 miles from my house.  I'd love to get to Phantom more often but that traffic! :o

Welcome to the game! While not in your yard, Philly and MD have events going all the time, so if you fancy a roadtrip after you've got your legs under you, check those options out. 

Guild Ball Supporters on FB is also a good place to start. 

Somewhat closer to us is the Akron scene over at JAC Games, which is where I picked up my Kick Off set.

(Philly is like six hours away. PA is wide!)