Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhurising

New 6! New team!

So I'very been playing awhile and found out that Brewers, and Morticians are not really my playstyle. As with most however, funds are limited. So I'm only able to get 6 and I want to stay all in guild. (Yes, I know Harry is amazing but just can't bring myself to jump on that bandwagon)

So I'm looking at a general all comers list

Ballista,

Mother, 

Velocity,

Salvo, 

Compound,

Colossus 

To me it seems it gives me a few sturdy midfielders, a goalkeeper of sorts, a striker and a winger with a pretty good option for mother to play winger on the other side of the board. 

Now logic tells me that's pretty solid, experience will probably say otherwise.

Any thoughts? Match ups I need to weary of? Or any of those models just plain garbage?

Thank you for helping another new player!

I am new as well but i can tell you that you can't have both Velocity and vet Velocity on the same team 6.  I hear hoist is pretty good with mother.

5 hours ago, Ay3z1k said:

I am new as well but i can tell you that you can't have both Velocity and vet Velocity on the same team 6.  I hear hoist is pretty good with mother.

Whoops. Meant colossus. My bad lol.

Thank you. 

I cant recommend hoist enough, he brings so much to the team.

1. Between tough hide, sturdy and reanimate he is a troll to try and kill, taking a lot of influence to remove.
  2. True Rep gives him ultimate flexibility, from stealing burrow from Mother to make a goal run, or blasted earth to inflict ranged damage.
  3. With a decent play book he can generally generate momentum 1:1 to influence allocated, plus momentous tackle on 1 success.
  4. Gender less so not affected by charmed.
  5. 4/6" kick is strong, potentially copying long bomb to make it even better.

There are a few negatives, like he's one of the slightly slower Engineers, but this is easily countered with burrow or Acrobatic.

Personally he makes it into 100% of my engineer line up, just for the amount of flexibility he brings.

I've been toying with a few lineups.  I have come to like one almost the same as yours, except with Ratchett instead of Compound.  Part of that is based on the fact that I do not own Compound.  Part is also that Ratchett is really good at supporting the rest of the team.  The Engineers, as a whole, are not big damag dealers, but with Singled Out and Tooled Up combined, Ballista can take out pretty much anything he wants.  Blast Earth is generally just good, and works really well with Ballista's Inspiring Aura.  His Heroic seems really good, and so does his ability to remove conditions - one of these days I will play a game where I remember to use them.

It's a solid line-up. Play it and see how it goes! Your line-up is a bit unconventional, but I think it could do some serious work for you!

It's a line-up that I, like you, see as very strong on paper. If you aren't sure and funds are low, proxy to see if you like what you've constructed. I've learned the hard way that it's better to try before you buy. For instance, I love colossus... one of my favorite engineers. However, he is difficult to learn to play well and he might not be as easy to integrate as say hoist. The price difference there is nearly $20 so proxy him for a game before buying.

Other than that, welcome to the cogs and prepare to do a lot more thinking then other guilds. There are no auto-includes or bench warmers in the cogs list. Each is a tool that when chosen against the right opponent does tremendous work!

On 4/5/2017 at 0:56 PM, Seacitygamer said:

There are no auto-includes or bench warmers in the cogs list. Each is a tool that when chosen against the right opponent does tremendous work!

Well said, sir (or madame; I make no assumptions).  I have found that playing Cogs is for a person who likes to think quickly but carefully consider options.  Even the oft-maligned V. Velocity has very good traits that would be very interesting if it weren't for my O. Velocity addiction.

With your lineup be careful v. anyone who can seduce, Puppet master, or otherwise character play the ball from Colossus. Close control won't help you.  Dropping the ball and hiding it behind his big base might work though.