Sign in to follow this  
jnkmoua

Tournament Pre-Match Sequence - Guild Plot Error?

In the "Regional Cup Organised Play Rules," on page 8, it says "Please note that the following steps supersede the standard Pre-Match sequence as defined in the rulebook and are specific to tournament play." And then under [C], it reads "Deal and select Guild Plots from a shared Season 2 Guild Plot deck as per the rulebook." Is this an error or is playing older guild plot cards a tournament thing?

I'm new to Guild Ball and as I'm getting ready for a regional tournament I just want to make sure I don't need to also be aware of season 2 guild plots as well. Thanks ahead of time for the clarification!

I'll not presume to speak for SFG, but I can only imagine that is a typo.

Edit: However, I'd double-check with the tournament TO as well.

I'm pretty sure it simply slipped through when the editing happened between the seasons. And it was meant to be 'Season 3 Guild Plot' .

I would guess that it says Season 2 because when the OP rules were released in November, the S3 plot cards were not available to buy and forcing everyone to print out and cut up S3 cards for a tournament is bit of an onerous burden. No doubt that will be updated eventually. Officially, you should check with your TO. In practice, agreeing with your opponent before the game which set you use is probably sufficient. 

We are aware of this and it will be corrected at the next update. As Wildeybeast stated the S3 cards were not released at the time of the last update. S3 plot cards should now be used for events