• Announcements

• Mako

Tales of Infamy   12/13/2017

Looking for more Guild Ball content? Just in the last week we've had new episodes of Singled Out, Double Dodge, Strictly the Worst and Don't Touch the Beard, as well as blogs from ForestRambo and MidwestWargaming! Check out Tales of Infamy in the Guild Ball section

So with the new releases for Season 3 coming out and offering different approaches to the Guilds and even a new Guild on the near horizon, do you feel a desire or pull to another Guild you have played or haven't played, or are you a one Guild player who's excited for the new toys?  I for one have Faction ADD pretty bad. I have had it in every minis games I've played. It's hard for me to focus on just one faction. I'm excited for all of the new models and I can't decide who to play. 

I think most people will end up picking a team or two (or seven), because the models are nice and/or we have no self control. But it's the Guild that you keep coming back to, wherein lies your faction identity. For me, that's (almost certainly) Engineers. Regardless, I have an ever growing list of transgressions that are definitely not Cog related...

Painted

• Tapper Brewers
  • Honour Masons
  • Ballista/Pin Vice Engineers
  • vRage Union
  • Scalpel Morticians

Half Painted

• Theron Hunters

Unpainted

• Shark Fishermen

Not my thing

• Butchers
  • Alchemists

Might be my thing

• Farmers

My main Guild is Masons and I like their ability to switch tactics in the middle of a game and be flexible. I score goals and do take outs. I have played Masons almost straight since season 1, and I'm comfortable with them to point that I know what I want to accomplish each turn and I know how I need to do that. I'm ready for a break and a change to keep things interesting. I have Alchemists and Hunters as well and I'm looking at either Vet Rage Union or Farmers when they come out. The problem is which do I choose to focus on next?

Brewers all the way! Well, I also have Engineers. .. and I have the Masons too. Ok, I too have ADD I guess.  :-D

My son really wants an Alchemists team, so he's saving his pennies. Maybe I'll give them a try as well.. maybe.

I feel you on this. Tried to curb the spending habits but this group of season 3 models has been hard to stay away from.

I'm currently trying to focus on Union at the moment. Which is great with the two new models coming out in a couple months.

Otherwise, picking up Crucible/Locus/SBrisket and hag this past week to fill out teams I havent even touched but want to play so badly. 

I mainly faction jump from my Brewers whenever something irks me about my team or what I see.

I always end up not liking what is "the meta" and will always subvert it whenever possible... Guild Ball has made that very difficult (Thankfully) but it means that I often just jump to whatever is giving me trouble.

I've been a fisherman at all my tournaments, but I own at least a 6 player roster of all the teams except morticians. I am beginning to dislike playing fish due to mirror matches being my least favorite thing, and probably will be playing brewers until my planned main of Farmers release, as brewers are the only ones I have painted enough to field a 9.

48 minutes ago, Devilsquid said:

I've found it's easier to identify which teams I don't want, and collect the rest. 

Very much this...

I've pretty much bought teams until I am no longer interested in the teams I don't own.  Which right now, for some reason, I play all the teams in the "latter half of the alphabet"... and outside of Union, none of them can play Harry. :(

Well, as the guy who used to describe his WHFB collection as "not Tomb Kings" and his Warmahordes collection as "not Khador" I have been battling with faction ADD for some time. 

Guild Ball:

Fully Painted: Complete Morticians; Complete Butchers; Union (sBrisket next project); Masons (missing Chisel); Engineers (missing Locus & vVelocity) Alchemists (missing Crucible and vKatalyst)

Partially Painted: Kick Off Brewers (will expand them eventually)

Not owned yet but only a matter of time: Fish, Hunters, Farmers, all other future Steamforged releases   

With a smaller model count per faction when compared to other miniature games eventually owning all the Guild Ball stuff is inevitable for me.

Maybe we should start a support group/ 12 step program?

I own all of the teams but they are in various stages of painting and my morticians are still in the packaging. I generally don't play the same team twice in a row unless I'm at a tournament. I always plan to stick with a guild for a season but then I see new releases and I must have them. Built myself an Excel collection manager to record the models I have and if they are painted, and have set myself the challenge of improving my 60% fully painted rate of released models.

I've only really properly played Alchemists for the past 2 years. I've dabbled in Brewers, Butchers, Masons but they've come and gone and events have always been my Alchemists.

Engineers have really appealed to me for a long time and there Season 3 re-work is amazing, so I've gone deep and bought the whole team, 20 dice, s3 tokens, ballista pin and engineers guild patch. Ready to work this machine out. 

I'm the reverse. No matter what new shiny stuff comes out (most of which interests me) I find it really difficult to play anything other than Butchers. I now own a complete Butchers, a playable Morts, Brewers and Union, plus my son owns a complete Union, playable hunters and Masons, but I rarely play anything other than the Butchers, and never anythig else at a tournamnet

On 3/27/2017 at 2:00 PM, Grinch said:

So with the new releases for Season 3 coming out and offering different approaches to the Guilds and even a new Guild on the near horizon, do you feel a desire or pull to another Guild you have played or haven't played, or are you a one Guild player who's excited for the new toys?  I for one have Faction ADD pretty bad. I have had it in every minis games I've played. It's hard for me to focus on just one faction. I'm excited for all of the new models and I can't decide who to play. 

Just got into the game so my entire Guild (fish) seems new and shiny to me. That said, I've been doing miniature games for long enough that the ADD will eventually hit.

Fe3G1FW.gif?noredirect

I actually really like that this game encourages faction ADD by limiting model count and therefore guild cost. Getting into a completely new guild for ~$100 is a pretty great bargain compared to buying into a faction in any other minis game. If the new plastic factions are as cost effective as I hope they will be then I will load up on even more guilds.