Sign in to follow this  
solarflare

New player in Suffolk/Norfolk

Hello all, 

I'm just starting off playing some guild ball. I live in thetford and currently play in Bury St Edmunds. 

Just wanted to say Hi and see if there are more players in the area? 

@Solareflare

Hooray! A new Norfolk player! I'm in Norwich along with a few others, and there are players in Yarmouth and Lowestoft. There is even the GBS (Norwich Guild Ball Squad), who hold meet-ups every month in Athena Games in Norwich (next one is Sunday 9th April, 10-5, turn up whenever, we'll probably be there all day) and the Wyldstorm Sports Days at Wyldstorm in Yarmouth last Thursday of each month (yes, that means this Thursday coming, 4-12?).

Athena holds 4 events a year - the Summer Open is 15th April (£10 entry) - and Wyldstorm also hold them often, sometimes in association with the Battlehammer, who live quite close to you, and will be at the Thetford GamesCon drinking while the guys from Wyldstorm run a tournament for them on Saturday 8th April.

Sorry about all the Facebook links, but that seems to be how stuff gets organised nowadays. Pop over to Athena on 9th, say hello and play/watch a game or two.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:57 PM, Solareflare said:

Hello all, 

I'm just starting off playing some guild ball. I live in thetford and currently play in Bury St Edmunds. 

Just wanted to say Hi and see if there are more players in the area? 

Do you play down the Scout Hut In Bury? I have came down last year to give some Demos (:

On 25/03/2017 at 10:19 PM, Kueller said:

Do you play down the Scout Hut In Bury? I have came down last year to give some Demos (:

Yes i do, in fact you gave me a demo when i was first looking at the game. unfortunately life took over and its been awhile since i got anything done with it.

On 25/03/2017 at 8:30 PM, S_A_T_S said:

@Solareflare

Hooray! A new Norfolk player! I'm in Norwich along with a few others, and there are players in Yarmouth and Lowestoft. There is even the GBS (Norwich Guild Ball Squad), who hold meet-ups every month in Athena Games in Norwich (next one is Sunday 9th April, 10-5, turn up whenever, we'll probably be there all day) and the Wyldstorm Sports Days at Wyldstorm in Yarmouth last Thursday of each month (yes, that means this Thursday coming, 4-12?).

Athena holds 4 events a year - the Summer Open is 15th April (£10 entry) - and Wyldstorm also hold them often, sometimes in association with the Battlehammer, who live quite close to you, and will be at the Thetford GamesCon drinking while the guys from Wyldstorm run a tournament for them on Saturday 8th April.

Sorry about all the Facebook links, but that seems to be how stuff gets organised nowadays. Pop over to Athena on 9th, say hello and play/watch a game or two.

Its good to know there are places to go as the Bury club has very few people who play guild ball and im looking at it as one of my main games now. 

don't worry about the links its good to have the info thank you.

8 hours ago, solarflare said:

Yes i do, in fact you gave me a demo when i was first looking at the game. unfortunately life took over and its been awhile since i got anything done with it.

Its good to know there are places to go as the Bury club has very few people who play guild ball and im looking at it as one of my main games now. 

don't worry about the links its good to have the info thank you.

I can give some games next time In Bury, I come quite often (:

14 hours ago, Kueller said:

I can give some games next time In Bury, I come quite often (:

Best to post on the facebook page you are coming you might get some people bring down there teams then. 

I have a friend coming over my house on sunday, first time in awhile i will be playing my fish.

9 hours ago, solarflare said:

Best to post on the facebook page you are coming you might get some people bring down there teams then. 

I have a friend coming over my house on sunday, first time in awhile i will be playing my fish.

Cheers dude (: