Jump to content
LeadDiceandBeers

Second wave - mascot +

Recommended Posts

Just saw this myself. Looks like the predictions of a second box with captain, mascot, and two more players were right.

I'm betting one of the extra players is Tater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedSam said:

Just saw this myself. Looks like the predictions of a second box with captain, mascot, and two more players were right.

I'm betting one of the extra players is Tater.

I sure hope so, I've never seen him on the pitch, and would like to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ik-tornado said:

I believe the guy with the sack of potatoes is tater. His hair and facial features are the same as well

That makes sense, he looks just like him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man this talk about me not getting another guild, currently own the lot except alch and engineers. But now with all these goodies and their playstyle seem to really talk to me it's getting hard to resist. But damn, the tater model that I have just isn't as good looking as the new one. :/ God damn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, plus I was really bothered  by the scythe. Do I bend it to be swung like a real scythe? Do I leave it straight up? Either way only way I could picture a scythe used was cutting ankles lol. Plus this one is striking a pose for the ladies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how useless a scythe actually is at harvesting potatoes, his new weapon is far more appropriate.

I approve, and am definitely not excited about the prospect of starting Farmer's soon! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I said I wasn't going to get Farmers because they are plastic... (I really dislike the kick-off minis). I'm tempted by them, so I'll take a look at Salute and see what they look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NoSorumbo said:

Buddy of mine said that the dual axed woman with ankle and chest armour looks shockingly like someone called Honour...

If it was Honour, i would expect her to be a captain, but we've seen both captains.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ningu said:

If it was Honour, i would expect her to be a captain, but we've seen both captains.

 

Maybe, but the last fluff game she was in she got bashed up.  Plus, ox came back as a standard player after getting beaten up himself (captivity).  SFG seems to establish the notion that anything is possible...  Just seems to be a reasonable possibility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NoSorumbo said:

Maybe, but the last fluff game she was in she got bashed up.  Plus, ox came back as a standard player after getting beaten up himself (captivity).  SFG seems to establish the notion that anything is possible...  Just seems to be a reasonable possibility

In the Kick-off book, the Farmer's have a new coach (who has been confirmed as Honour). Guild Ball doesn't have coaching positions (on the pitch), so if she did come back as a new player, i would expect her to lead the guild as a Captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the sculp, it's possible; t model's top has a lot of similarities with Honour's, although the collars differ. And that new player seems, considering her look, to be a goalkeeper; with Honour suffering a crippling injury, maybe playing as goalkeeper is the only position she can play as, since it would require less mobility - though it would requires quick reflexes, so that's a questionable reasoning, at best...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ningu said:

If it was Honour, i would expect her to be a captain, but we've seen both captains.

 

Was the saw guy confirmed as a captain? I hadn't seen that. And this lady looks like a captain to me. It would also keep up with their habit of making most second captains female. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoSorumbo said:

Buddy of mine said that the dual axed woman with ankle and chest armour looks shockingly like someone called Honour...

There is usually a veteran in the second four released. Possible that Tater comes in straight as a Vet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

There is usually a veteran in the second four released. Possible that Tater comes in straight as a Vet though.

The model in the case looks a looooot like Honour, though. Her being the veteran wouldn't surprise me. Also, it would be weird to release a veteran version of a character when the standard version never saw a wide release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are yall talking about the girl with the scythes standing behind the bald guy with the scythe or the person with the two axes? I'm pretty sure the girl with the scythes is bushel and the other one is way to bulky to be honor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that if Honour made an appearance on the team that she would have to be a Captain.  In the fluff, don't all of the fish see ol' Greyscales as a leader of sort on the team even if he doesn't have the official title.  We could be dead wrong and this player's name is actually Pumpkin Slice, the Slow One, but I just have a feeling that SFG would benefit to tie this guild to their existing character portfolio through a dynamic in the story.

Just to add to my theory and if my memory serves me right, SFGs stated on Guild Ball Tonight during the plastics episode that people cared more about the story, cinematic plays, and the game balance.  It would make sense for them to tie in a character that people are bonded to.

2 hours ago, Spinsane said:

...that new player seems, considering her look, to be a goalkeeper; with Honour suffering a crippling injury, maybe playing as goalkeeper is the only position she can play as, since it would require less mobility - though it would requires quick reflexes, so that's a questionable reasoning, at best...

As for her game play, this makes perfect sense...

2 hours ago, naiconn1981 said:

If it is Honour she certainly has butched up. 

I personally think that Season 1 Brisket doesn't look anything like Seasoned Brisket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Luthon1234 said:

are yall talking about the girl with the scythes standing behind the bald guy with the scythe or the person with the two axes? I'm pretty sure the girl with the scythes is bushel and the other one is way to bulky to be honor.

Yeah the one with sickles is definitely Bushel. We're talking about the one with axes. It would make sense with her injury that she would have to hobble around in a cast. If she's already hobbling, might as well strap as much armor to her as possible and stick her in the back. My guess is 3/5 move Def 2+ arm 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CrusaderEm said:

Yeah the one with sickles is definitely Bushel. We're talking about the one with axes. It would make sense with her injury that she would have to hobble around in a cast. If she's already hobbling, might as well strap as much armor to her as possible and stick her in the back. My guess is 3/5 move Def 2+ arm 3.

I dunno if that's honor I expect a rocky IV esque training montage in the story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×