SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Calum Todd

First Light of Solthecius - 2 new union players

5 minutes ago, kryzak said:

I never took it as facts, because of the phrases "pretty confident" or "seems to be".  You're definitely free to call them out that they're not facts, but it's the "aggressiveness" of your "tone" (yes, I know written text on forums is hard to gauge tone) that prompted me to post, when I was just perfectly content browsing. :)

Thank you for clarifying what you were trying to do, and taking the time to post this.  I do appreciate that you wanted to see if you missed something (I would be curious too). :)

Well, I mean, not to be pedantic, but... if they thought they were stating speculation and not facts then why would they disagree with my statement that it's speculation and not fact? Actions speak louder than words.

And I hear you on the tone, although to be frank I don't much care. It's the internet; if people can't handle the discussion then they shouldn't be browsing it. I don't tone police myself and never will. I say what I believe. Maybe that dates me a bit as this attitude seems to have disappeared with time in favor of people tiptoeing through the tulips but it's what I've always done and it's what I'll always do.

Back on topic, I think the most likely thing pointing to G&B being Union only would actually be their range extension auras. SFG tends to be very very conservative with Union combo pieces due to not really being able to thoroughly test out every single possible permutation of that combo piece with every other guild against every other guild -- and yet here we've got two very interesting range extenders, Benediction's being the most significant, which feel like they violates that design philosophy. I am not honestly all that sure what could even be done with the range extension which would justify the worry, but it would definitely limit future design space. Midas's Lure of Gold, Ballista's and Quaff's Second Wind, anybody's Tooled Up (except for o.Rage, whose Maverick probably stops the range extension would be my guess), Hag's Fisher's Reel, Skatha's Blessing of the Moon Goddess, Zarola's Midnight Offering, Snow's Feral Instinct, Honour's Superior Strategy, Hammer's... everything, really, Pin Vice's everything, Hoist's True Replication, Obulus's Confidence, Scalpel's Wake the Dead, Brainpan's Puppet Show and Pulling the Strings, as well as all of the various defensive and movement abilities peppered around everywhere (Swift Stance, Tough Skin, Quick Time, Quick Foot etc). That's a lot of abilities, potentially any of which could turn out to be too much with a significant range extension.

Reading the all the Fluff, the Solthecian's aren't Sell Swords like Union so I can only maybe see them playing for the Farmers (Farmers have a connection to the Church) If any Guild at all but In an Interview from the SF guys they said that Farmers won't have Union but we won't know until Farmers come out.

Looking forward to finding Out!

I've been gathering a solthecian player list over in the union subforum, there's almost a tournament 9 if a captain and mascot showed up...

or if if grace became captain, and someone else has solthecian ties in their fluff!

14 minutes ago, Mako said:

I've been gathering a solthecian player list over in the union subforum, there's almost a tournament 9 if a captain and mascot showed up...

or if if grace became captain, and someone else has solthecian ties in their fluff!

You know sBrisket is a Solthecian Captain, right?

Is she a captain? How did I miss that while reading the book!

This is why I need sensible people to help me out...

Well then... mascot needed only :P

I've been using a team of S Brisket, Coin, Mist, Grace, Benediction and Harry. I feel as though I am getting a feel for Benediction. As others have stated he does make for a good road block. I found it's better to go for the pushes instead of the KD. Then brace at the end or choose it as a result of an attack. Plus the pushes generate momentum. 

Grace is a little different. I find she's better at Support with a starting 0-1 inf. So she's 2-3 on her turn. However when things are set right and an opening is made, give her 2-3 to start so she's working with 4-5. Extend her sprint range, easy tackle and desent kick. 

Then with Mist in the mix. You extend his mov by 2/2 from grace, 2 inch dodge from being 4 inches from another Solthecian and ext move from cover. So you have up to +14 inch of move. Charge at someone close to goal for a potential 4" more of dodge and a 8 inch goal threat. 

Season Brisket is Seasoned Brisket. Don't really need to talk about her. 

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but can B&G's auras be combined (with a friendly positioned in between them) to extend the range of Grace's Quick Foot to 19"?

16 minutes ago, Woldie said:

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but can B&G's auras be combined (with a friendly positioned in between them) to extend the range of Grace's Quick Foot to 19"?

I don't think it's come up, but it sounds like a question for the rules clarification forum.