Jump to content
Calum Todd

First Light of Solthecius - 2 new union players

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Her name is "Union Mascot" :P

Can't await to create a whole Solthecian Team composed of Union Captain, Union Mascot, Union Player #1, Union Player #2, Union Player #3 and Union Player #4 :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Baron said:

I hope the Solthecian thing is like a reverse Union. Instead of team members playing for other teams, other team members play for them. I'm extremely excited to see more

That certainly seems like the most likely scenario right now. I expect they'll get a card that lists their "borrowable" players just like the other guilds have a card of "borrowable" Union players.

My guesses for who will be on that list ... New Union Captain, Grace, Benediction, Mist, Veteran Spigot, and possibly Veteran Ox. Not sure who a reasonable mascot would be, though. Maybe they'll get their own somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine how powerful Bonesaw would be with Vet Spigot?  Original Spigot would be even crazier, putting Bonesaw up to 4 dice on kicks, and a 8/10 Mov with Time's Called, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Atras said:

Can you imagine how powerful Bonesaw would be with Vet Spigot?  Original Spigot would be even crazier, putting Bonesaw up to 4 dice on kicks, and a 8/10 Mov with Time's Called, but still...

I used to think we would see vSpigot and maybe Bonesaw as playable Slothecians but I don't think so now, I think their fluff has a connection to It. Veteran Spigot Is keeping his new Faith a secret and having a Sober player In a drinking Guild, will have a knock on effect In the Brewer's Season Three Fluff. 
 

I love these Sculpts, I have already paint my LE Mist as a Solthecian and came up with suitably themed bases (: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RedSam said:

That certainly seems like the most likely scenario right now. I expect they'll get a card that lists their "borrowable" players just like the other guilds have a card of "borrowable" Union players.

My guesses for who will be on that list ... New Union Captain, Grace, Benediction, Mist, Veteran Spigot, and possibly Veteran Ox. Not sure who a reasonable mascot would be, though. Maybe they'll get their own somehow?

Being a religious based group, I could see SFG implementing rookies as their mascot.  Human players with mascot stats, for the church, maybe a religious initiate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Baron said:

Being a religious based group, I could see SFG implementing rookies as their mascot.  Human players with mascot stats, for the church, maybe a religious initiate

At the Keynote SF said that Rookies wouldn't be coming this Season they need longer to make them work, If they come at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people seem to like the thought but I really do not want to see a team made up of existing players. Would prefer a full faction with in the union that is changing the ways of the union and taking the power away from the guilds (problem is this would be easier with sleeper agents which would lend more to the using existing players model).

Looking at it now i can definately subscribe to New Union Captain is Brisket theory with her having the church release Ox so long as she agrees to captain the union and be the doorway in for the faith etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kueller said:

At the Keynote SF said that Rookies wouldn't be coming this Season they need longer to make them work, If they come at all.

I'm not saying they'll have rookies as an additional player.  It'd be a human mascot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Baron said:

I hope the Solthecian thing is like a reverse Union.  Instead of team members playing for other teams, other team members play for them.  I'm extremely excited to see more

I've been saying this since before SteamCon, since it's such a good idea. It's basically what Malifaux does to allow models to be used out of faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Solthecian mascot isn't Princess (to go with Brisket) then I think Dirge might fit in with a church theme ... (more than a tortoise anyway!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think "The Union Captain" Is Brisket anymore, with being told at SteamCon that you never get players swapping Guild Its unheard of In the game, they would be hunter by their original Guild and untrusted by there new Guild. I think It could be a player that Is consider dead........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, micho said:

The Union is not exactly a "guild", is it?

I have brought this up In a fluff Q&A at SteamCon, how can the Union play as a whole team when they aren't a Guild In Guild Ball, they couldn't answer, seems because It had connections to what going to happen and they can't reveal that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kueller said:

I have brought this up In a fluff Q&A at SteamCon, how can the Union play as a whole team when they aren't a Guild In Guild Ball, they couldn't answer, seems because It had connections to what going to happen and they can't reveal that yet.

I think it has somethind to do with the Morticians and the Solthecian Cult. They have ties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

There are also ties between the Solthecians' and Butcher's.

Didn't know that. Though I am also referring to a quote from Obulus, when it's about the Morticians guild and "the truth behind it".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cole said:

Didn't know that. Though I am also referring to a quote from Obulus, when it's about the Morticians guild and "the truth behind it".

From Season 1 rulebook: "This is not to say that industry does not exist within the walls, far from it. The Butcher’s Guild’s ruling house is in Piervo and has existed as the sole purveyor of sacred meat to the Bacchus for generations; something which its many Magisters and Chamberlains are keen to remind both visiting officials and those of other guilds. The Mortician’s Guild also holds significant influence amongst the clergy in Piervo; the two bodies frequently working hand in hand in the day to day lives of the population."

Also self-plug, I've collated the Solthecian fluff here: https://leaddiceandbeers.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/solthecius/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

From Season 1 rulebook: "This is not to say that industry does not exist within the walls, far from it. The Butcher’s Guild’s ruling house is in Piervo and has existed as the sole purveyor of sacred meat to the Bacchus for generations; something which its many Magisters and Chamberlains are keen to remind both visiting officials and those of other guilds. The Mortician’s Guild also holds significant influence amongst the clergy in Piervo; the two bodies frequently working hand in hand in the day to day lives of the population."

Also self-plug, I've collated the Solthecian fluff here: https://leaddiceandbeers.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/solthecius/

Ah, now I can remember. :D I read that but it kinda slipped my memory. Also appreciate the plug. Will read that by time, maybe there's something in it to make sense of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, micho said:

The Union is not exactly a "guild", is it?

Union IS a guild.  They have their own guild hall and everything, where a Longshanks takes meetings from the other guilds and so on.

#union4lyfe
#CoinIsOurHarambe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, noob said:

Union IS a guild.  They have their own guild hall and everything, where a Longshanks takes meetings from the other guilds and so on.

#union4lyfe
#CoinIsOurHarambe

Not I was told by the the GB writer, Union Is a Faction. Can you pin point In the Fluff where this Is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that is not signed up to the Newsletter:

WHY DO THESE DIVINE PLAYERS BELONG ON YOUR ROSTER?
 
  • The Chruch is now playing with the Union, giving coaches access to two beacons of supportive power for more resilent playstyles.
  • But their defensive potential goes beyond shrugging off damage or conditions or taking hits for the team—they bolster the potential of their whole team, unlocking more opportunitites for you to control of the pitch!
  • If you want influence independence, more denial strategies,  or raw support power, the First Light of Solethecius will do it. Union coaches, get ready for more exciting strategies and new line-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×