Malnorma

Inanimate Object vs additional VPs

Problem is, the only ability that grants extra VPs when a model suffers a take-out is Graves 2's Gravedigger.

Both Katalyst 2's Witness Me! and Seenah's Bear Hug generate VOs when they inflict a take-out.

By the scoring rules on page 7, one usually gains VPs whenever an opponent is taken-out, which Memory prevents. Similarly, his ability could extend to Grave 2's play since it also gives VPs for a model bejng taken out.

But both Seenah's and Katalyst 2's abilities don't generate VPs because the opposing model was taken out, they give VPs because they inflicted the take-out. The trigger is different (inflicting, rather than suffering) and is not mentionned anywhere in the Inanimate Object rule...

A model cannot generate VPs from inflicting the taken-out condition on Memory, including from any abilities like Witness Me!, Gravedigger, etc etc. 

The friendly team would still generate 1 MP from inflicting the taken-out condition on Memory, however. And would gain any bonuses to this, like from Shelling Out. 

On 28/02/2017 at 3:06 PM, TheLieutenant said:

A model cannot generate VPs from inflicting the taken-out condition on Memory, including from any abilities like Witness Me!, Gravedigger, etc etc. 

The friendly team would still generate 1 MP from inflicting the taken-out condition on Memory, however. And would gain any bonuses to this, like from Shelling Out. 

Quick follow up just to check, this would also trigger vOx's ability 'The Owner' right?