• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!

Remember it isn't just a 2" dodge, with the legendary it is a 4" dodge for at least one turn. That means Angel now has a threat of 22" or those harpoons are being thrown 16" out. She seems to have the most repeated utility with Corsair, but she has a place with Shark. Shark can give +2 speed and 4" dodge. Hag gives 2-4" of dodge. With a possible 8" of dodge you are looking at very long scoring threats. The dodges from Hag also free models up from combat and can clear lanes (legendary push) making it easy to tackle the ball off of opponents. That seems very powerful in a scoring oriented team where no position on the board is safe to hold the ball. Even if she isn't using those dodges, the THREAT of the the extra range is powerful.

The more I think about it, the more I think you just deploy and legendary immediately. It seems very risky to try and use it like a push, and if that's what you need, why not just take Jac? Also she's going to take damage for everyone you push.

Opening with Corsair/Kraken/A&G 2" up the field might not seem like much, but could really threaten some pretty nasty lines of play. And as @wrenwood mentions you can get an extra 2" on Corsair. When kicking off this means he can be nearly 8" up the field before he even activates. 

osyRUT1.png

1 hour ago, Banjulhu said:

And we have now found out the true downside to Hag. She has no tab on her feet to slot into a 30mm slotter base.

Oh the joy of pinning into models with small joints.

that just dropped my hype so hard. guess i'll buy 2, one to slowly fix up and one to just put in a glob of green stuff for the near tournaments 

6138455062804776869-account_id=1.jpg

19 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

And we have now found out the true downside to Hag. She has no tab on her feet to slot into a 30mm slotter base.

Oh the joy of pinning into models with small joints.

Pinned mine to the base without much trouble last night and I'm a pretty average hobbyist at best, definitely easier than I expected.

As far as the table goes, I'm debating who to kick out of my 9 for her. As it stands my 9 is

Shark, Corsair, Siren, vSiren, Tentacles, Greyscales, Kraken, A+G, and Sakana

I'm up in the air between removing Sakana and Kraken, they're the only two players I don't feel particularly strongly about in the lineup for either captain. The first thing I'm going to try is dropping Sakana with the theory that losing his goal threat in Shark isn't a huge deal since Hag can make the remaining 3.5 (Shark, Siren, Greyscales, A+G) potent enough that I can get by without him.

In Corsair though I'm actively excited about including her in place of Sakana. Being able to go all out in the fight with A+G, Kraken, vSiren, and Hag but with access to 2'' dodges on the big guys feels pretty huge. Alternatively, I think Corsair, Tentacles, Siren or vSiren, Greyscales, A+G, Hag can play a pretty crazy denial/ball control game which I definitely need to practice. 

On 2/21/2017 at 2:04 PM, Slothrop said:

Hag (and vOx and Beats Per Minute) is now on the Resources card pdf. :)

How are you getting the new versions of these files? When I click on the links for Fishermen, Butchers, and Morticians on the Resources page, I'm getting files without the new players (and with a different address from the one you linked for the Fishermen).

15 minutes ago, RedSam said:

How are you getting the new versions of these files? When I click on the links for Fishermen, Butchers, and Morticians on the Resources page, I'm getting files without the new players (and with a different address from the one you linked for the Fishermen).

They took them down later that day. :/

11 minutes ago, RedSam said:

The resource links on the main page return a 302 to direct you to the squarespace server instead.  That link was probably copied from the address bar while viewing the PDF directly in the browser.  The new files were on the main resources page for a short time, but got put back (unfortunately leaving the 'last updated' showing as February).  Presumably in a day or so it won't matter anymore.

13 minutes ago, Mantanza said:

Any chance someone can post the card?  I would be very appreciative.

The Hag card is still in the link provided above (it's the last card).

i proxied a game with the hag against hunters. she is very nice for a corsair team. very very nice.

she enabled me to play the game i wanted to play by fine tuning my position out of other models activations, extending threat range, and the legendary is top notch. i only gave her 1 inf on her legendary turn and it felt like a lot of impact. great battery, contributes to the gang/crowd outs, really helps tentacles/kraken/corsair, the 4" mov models get where they need to be at all times.

i am not that good so it might just be the fun of a new toy, but im going to keep proxying her in the corsair line ups. feels like a really great addition

Bought and Assembled her this weekend. She was a bit of a pain, but not too bad.  I don't particularly see why she couldn't have had a tab. I drilled a hole waaaaay up her leg and pinned her through the base. She seems pretty sturdy. Oddly the most difficult attach point for me was the head.