• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!

We have some Hag teasers

Beyond what can be seen clearly that looks like a 2" melee (because Fish) and a Legendary Play rather than a Heroic (also because Fish).

A momentous :P: on 2 and what appears to be a reusable dodge play triggered by it although the last line of Fisher's Reel looks like a once per player per turn caveat.

Fear and Decoy (presumably bumping her upto Def 6?) will make her an absolute pain to try to kill or even just get momentum off, pretty much to the point of not bothering to attack her. I expect that trying to gang up on her will play right into her hand with whatever Talisman.. and Call of.. do.

She'd fit right in with the Morticians and will add some nice new tricksy stuff for the Fish.

She's much more difficult to kill than I expected. When Matt Hart said she was a support piece I figured ten to twelve boxes. Fear and decoy are great I cannot wait to play her with both captains

FB_IMG_1480529691913.jpg

Fisher's Reel says "Target other friendly model may make a 2" Dodge. This Character Play may only be used on each friendly model once per turn." It appears to have an 8" range.

Hag is interesting. I want to see the rest of what she does now though.

49 minutes ago, RedSam said:

Fisher's Reel says "Target other friendly model may make a 2" Dodge. This Character Play may only be used on each friendly model once per turn." It appears to have an 8" range.

Do you know what the cost of it is?

1 hour ago, ningu said:

Hag is interesting. I want to see the rest of what she does now though.

Do you know what the cost of it is?

Looks to me like it's 2/GB. I can't make that out as well, though.

All of this is based on me trying to read through the fuzz, so it's possible I've gotten things wrong.

You might not be spot on but a lot of what you said is pretty much what I'm seeing. But like you said, through the fuzz

Between handing out dodges and Sharks tidal surge along with everyone's playbook dodges, the team just got more mobile and I love it

On 2/13/2017 at 8:56 AM, Akodo Harid said:

I'm looking forward to bringing her into my teams. I almost want to find a tiny cauldron to put on her base...but then that brings bad memories of Darkest Dungeon failures.

I want to figure out how to do those water bases where you can see under the water and have her coming out from the depths to play some football.

32 minutes ago, beamridge said:

Are we sure she's not a Captain?

That would be interesting, most capatains come with 3 Character Plays and more HP but there are exceptions to that so it is not set and lets face it Legendary Plays on non-Captains are not exactly the norm.

Given how little the Fluff for the Fish has not advanced much since Season 1 it would be narratively odd for a new Captain to show up when the story is still to deal with the return of the last one.

I would worry from a game side of things as well because a 3rd Captain for the fish would give them a big edge of many teams in the list design department given we are in no way lacking for non-captain models to fill a roster

1 hour ago, Skinnydookie said:

Aside from the 2 new teams I think it was revealed there would only be 2 new captains for season 3: hunters and union.

So Hag will be a "regular" player.

The butchers civil war leads me to belive that butchers might be getting a second vet brisket as a captain. But I still believe hag is a regular player. 

1 hour ago, Jrcitizen said:

The butchers civil war leads me to belive that butchers might be getting a second vet brisket as a captain. But I still believe hag is a regular player. 

veteran Brisket may well be a new captain....but if so it will be Union.

16 hours ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Fisher's Reel may be 4" RNG and allows a 2" Dodge, once per model per turn. Cost 1/GB.

Would be awesome to have another aspect to the "drag things around"-theme added. 

that legendary, very sexy.

Overall seems like a nice INF battery style of player. shes got the traditional 2" melee for ganging up on things, and due to talisman shes going to get away without needing much INF allocated on a typical turn. Corsair, Fangtooth and Kraken will all greatly appreciate a 1 inf 2" dodge. Even shark will appreciate that, its cheaper than quick foot and more efficient (" per inf) than tidal surge

What kind of teams do you imagine her being played in? Personally i'm considering Corsair due to all the pushing. it might make Fangtooth a better option than he is currently too for both captains. initially thinking Corsair - Tentacles - Hag - Scales - v.Siren - Gutter and using a combo of reel + legendary as threat extension

Scales is probably a reasonable swap for sakana though, depending on opposing team.

With discussions about Shark being OP there was talk about focusing more on killing the ball as a viable strategy. With Hag giving between 2"-4" extra inches of dodge that would seem a very hard strategy to take against the Fish.

Hmm. Not sure about her at first glance. She certainly doesn't wow me the way Sakana and Vet Siren did. TIME TO THINK OUTLOUD AND EAT MY WORDS LATER

Pros:

Dodges are nice.

She does something for free each turn and can give away her influence.

Legendary not bad at all. Thanks for the trick Blackheart!

Neutral:

Fear/Decoy combo can make her somewhat survivable.

Reasonable movement

Cons:

Terrible playbook. Bad counter attack.

The 4" range on the dodges is very limiting on shark led teams (ie spread out)

My initial thought is if you like to run a bunch of fatties (attritermen style) she seems like a great fit. Dodging a 4"/6" model like Kraken or Corsair is a lot more valuable than dodging a 7"/9" model 2". That said the natural Goal threat range of Angel/Sakana is 18" and can be bumped to 20" now. Greyscales/Vsiren go from 17" to 19". Maybe that is a big deal. Maybe feeding 2 inf into a greedy team and asking for nothing is important.

I don't immediately see her as being a part of my 9 without some experimentation. Nearly every 6 I can think of needs all it's pieces. I don't think you can drop either Siren, Kraken or "Bae"scales. And I doubt anyone wants to give up their union slot. So looks like she competes for that last slot and I think I'd rather have Sakana most of the time.

6 minutes ago, tehlon said:

The 4" range on the dodges is very limiting on shark led teams (ie spread out)

I don't disagree with the rest, but I'm not sure I agree about this. With Shadowlike and 4" jog she can FR anybody within 10" for free each turn. Not AMAZING range, but assuming she's usually central-ish that's still a fair amount of the board and it starts with a dodge so she can often disengage herself too. 

2 minutes ago, Slothrop said:

I don't disagree with the rest, but I'm not sure I agree about this. With Shadowlike and 4" jog she can FR anybody within 10" for free each turn. Not AMAZING range, but assuming she's usually central-ish that's still a fair amount of the board and it starts with a dodge so she can often disengage herself too. 

Yeah, seems super useful on turn one, but maybe less so after that? For shark teams I don't think you want to chase her into the fray too hard because 14 boxes on a 4+/0 without a decent counter attack is pretty juicy. I can see it being extremely abusive on Corsair. folks always try to get juuuust out of harpoon range and Now we're throwing 14" inch harpoons. Corsair, Mascot, Kraken, Hag, A&G, Vet Siren strikes me as the most viable hag list off the top of my head.