Episode 3 of Run the Length is up! Hope you guys like this one! This week I am playing against my practice partner Nick who's Masons beat both me and Alex Botts at the Grognard Games tourney last month.

I would also love feedback on how the community would like their match reports. Everything from camera angle to what kind of overlays you guys want let me know!

Really enjoy the analysis of your in-game decision making--both where things go right and things go wrong.  Good practical insights into what to be thinking about during the course of a game.  Please keep the draft portion in, as that is an important part of the competitive game.  The broader strategy thoughts there are as interesting as the more particular decisions throughout the game.

Watching this series makes me want to get some of my own games on tape just for my own review.  Seems like a great tool for improving.  While you're only 3 episodes in, have you noticed any impact on your own game/understanding from going through the process of creating these?

One rules note, I think you can actually wait on the Vengeance token until after you roll.  Midas' 'Midas Touch' ability was ruled that way, and the two are worded the same.

"The enemy model gains a vengeance-token. When a friendly model makes an Attack against an enemy model that has a vengeance-token, the friendly model may remove the vengeance-token to gain [+4] net-hits." 

" Target enemy model gains a burden-token. When a friendly Guild model makes an Attack against an enemy model that has a burden-token, the friendly Guild model may remove the burden-token to gain [+2] net hits. "

Good video.  It was quite informative about two teams I never get to play against.  I can take or leave the draft so if people like it better, leave it in.  Like @Arkinsaid, I'd like to get some games on tape just to analyze my play.  Might be interesting to get both players breaking it down but it would probably take longer.  Would be interested to hear a post game breakdown on things learned, though you cover those some during the game.  Again,  good show, sir.

31 minutes ago, Arkin said:

Watching this series makes me want to get some of my own games on tape just for my own review.  Seems like a great tool for improving.

Easy fix, pester Vince to put you in the series! Benefits of a Chicago location. :D

I definitely felt like watching my game against Vince back in Episode 2 was helpful, for what it's worth.

Great video as usual, now we just need to get you playing other teams for more diverse matchups!

1 hour ago, Arkin said:

One rules note, I think you can actually wait on the Vengeance token until after you roll.  Midas' 'Midas Touch' ability was ruled that way, and the two are worded the same.

"The enemy model gains a vengeance-token. When a friendly model makes an Attack against an enemy model that has a vengeance-token, the friendly model may remove the vengeance-token to gain [+4] net-hits." 

" Target enemy model gains a burden-token. When a friendly Guild model makes an Attack against an enemy model that has a burden-token, the friendly Guild model may remove the burden-token to gain [+2] net hits. "

God bless it! I vetted this rule to an unreasonable level. I checked the forum for rulings and all the rulings are from before the the wording change. The only place in the timing structure that uses the wording "makes an attack" is in the declare step. And I asked fellow Chicago players about it. Now it turns out that burden tokens were ruled on in direct contrast to rules as written with no explanation GAH!

@Silversmith and @Arkin thanks for your kind words I am leaning toward keeping the draft format and I have placed a time stamp in the description that skips it for those than do not care for it. I need to figure out if I can do an annotation for that.

As far as if this process has improved me as a player it is hard to tell. My best guess is that it just compounds the idea that wins don't teach you anything but losses do. Loses are a lot more painful since I watch these videos at least 4 times through. 

If you guys are looking to be on the channel private message me I am looking to record Monday or Tuesday this week. I am essentially racing the next video against the release of Crucible since everyone will be disappointed if she is out and the next video after than does not feature her.

I love this format. Right to the point, and I don't feel like I could play an entire game while I'm watching it.  The commentary is spot on too. Keep them coming

I don't understand why Vitriol and Smoke elected not to intercept the two passes that missed to them? Both scatters went directly behind the model, so the ball path (at least from the view of the camera) looked to pass clean over their bases. Would have saved having to run back to the goal to pick up the ball those two times.

2 hours ago, Khift said:

I don't understand why Vitriol and Smoke elected not to intercept the two passes that missed to them? Both scatters went directly behind the model, so the ball path (at least from the view of the camera) looked to pass clean over their bases. Would have saved having to run back to the goal to pick up the ball those two times.

This drove me crazy at a tournament. I had a bye and was watching this happen over and over. I asked the pundit to clarify the rules to make sure I was reading it right. I think there are a lot of players that don't know this or think that the miss forfeits the ability to intercept.

@Khift We did forget this rule with the first kick to vitriol. I always forget you can intercept even if you are the intended target. The camera angle doesn't let you see it but the smoke scatter didn't allow it (we actually discussed this at length but I cut it from the video for time.)

Thanks for watching guys!