• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
SwampDonkey

Any love for the bacon beast?

So far the bacon bomb just gets to park it's chops in the middle of the pitch infront of my goal and some one will always get in range to be smoked by flying hams.

So far I have been liking the way it plays with Tenderizer or Boar to keep my defensive half of the pitch contested. 

Interesting.  I had been thinking "I could get Truffles into the fight by sprinting, but I don't want to spend INF on a mascot when I need it on my other players".  Certainly 1 INF is a great deal on Truffles when it can be used to charge, but requiring extra INF for positioning beforehand makes it less attractive.  For people finding Truffles effective -- are you spending that extra INF early to sprint/Quick Foot/Quick Time?

I guess my mindset is biased by running Fillet and feeling starved for INF even on the first turn :).  That charge from Truffles is strong, though...

6 hours ago, SwampDonkey said:

So far the bacon bomb just gets to park it's chops in the middle of the pitch infront of my goal and some one will always get in range to be smoked by flying hams.

So far I have been liking the way it plays with Tenderizer or Boar to keep my defensive half of the pitch contested. 

Yeah, just accepting that Truffles will only be an opportunistic attacker might work well.  I tend to be very focused in hunting down specific targets, but even when I'm doing that Princess often can't make it to the fight fast enough.  So maybe having Truffles hanging back -- less likely to get into the fight but more effective when it happens -- would be a good deal.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:22 PM, kerbarian said:

I haven't tried Truffles yet, and one of the reasons is concern about the MOV of 4"/6".  I'm generally running Fillet and quickly end up on the other side of the field.  Do you give Truffles INF to sprint early on?  Do you have any trouble with Truffles being too slow to get into the fight?

I give him one on the first turn for just that reason, normally I can spare it. Bearing in mind that if I'm running Truffles I've probably replaced Boiler with Boar or Tenderizer so I'm not spending 2 on swift stance.