SwampDonkey

Any love for the bacon beast?

I have just stumbled in to a new butchers team and I have been looking at rocking some meat heads on the table top.

The internet seems to feel that Truffles is generally inferior to Princess.

Does anyone here run Truffles over Princess? What does your team comp look like? 

Hey man, I love the Baconater. My regular line up at the moment is Fillet, Truffles, Meathook, Brisket, Boar and Minx. The pig is handy as he is a pain to take down. 11 boxes, tough hide and sturdy are nice, I tend to walk him just ahead of boar. 1 INF charges against humans means if you put 1 INF on him he buys you some board space as he is likely to get the mom KD on a charge. I find I have manged to play him in a way where if he is ignored he becomes a pain. If he is targeted he takes a fair amount of resource to take out and only gives up the 1 vp. 

Wow. That line up is full on murder and movement.

You seem to like the pig for the same reasons that he caught my eye, so I can't be completely crazy... Right?

And Fillet with no wonder boy? I have yet to be brave enough to even consider Fillet with out Boiler!

I use Truffles, he Is a real solid piece In my Fillet lineup, If you get Sick'em plot card he can really surprise your opponent, I got 2 DAM, KD and 2 MP from It on Angel In my last game stopped her from getting a Snapshot (:

I like Truffles. The team I've been running recently is:

Ox

Truffles

Minx

Boar

Shank

Meathook

You get a lot of work out of your influence and have tons of efficiency. You can fully load all the players, give Truffles one to charge with, and still have two influence spare to give to Ox.

5 hours ago, SwampDonkey said:

And Fillet with no wonder boy? I have yet to be brave enough to even consider Fillet with out Boiler!

It´s the same lineup I prefer. I feel that since Fillet just turned a little bit more squishy, I can´t overextrend her anyway any more. And if Boiler goes, then Princess is no more mandatory. And Vindictive is awesome.

On 03/02/2017 at 6:54 PM, SwampDonkey said:

Wow. That line up is full on murder and movement.

You seem to like the pig for the same reasons that he caught my eye, so I can't be completely crazy... Right?

I have not used Boiler since I got Fillet pretty much. Maybe had one game with an Ox squad he made.

That seems like a really hard charging line up, how does it play defense?

Do you try to park the ball on Brisket and let her run laps?

You are playing a lot of hard hitting players that usually feel like they want to be pushing in to the opponents half of the field. Who fields kick outs if the bad guys score one on you?

I usually play Brewers, where I usually have the fight come to me and I get to baby sit my goal a bit and have multiple kick out options and can play for the snap back goal. I am starting to think that the butchers may require a pretty fundamental shift in how I approach the game.

Ball? What is a Ball?

Kidding, It all depends who I am playing against, Brisket and Fillet are both good ball carriers, minx can hunt down pretty much anyone with her speed and Back to the shadows and her snared generally stacks well with Meathooks hooked., Boar and truffles tend to hang back a bit and hit hard on turn two/three. If the opportunity is there turn one Fillet will give boar +2 speed to either buy board space or do smash face. if opponent scores I will generally try to put it fillets way as players normally try to stay away from her rather than run at her.

I do not like baby sitting goals. I have played tenderiser in boars place and on occasion have swapped out meathook or brisket but not had much luck with him.

4 hours ago, SwampDonkey said:

I usually play Brewers, where I usually have the fight come to me and I get to baby sit my goal a bit and have multiple kick out options and can play for the snap back goal. I am starting to think that the butchers may require a pretty fundamental shift in how I approach the game.

This is pretty much on the money. If you sit back and let the fight come to you, you're going to get your face panned in. Take the fight to the enemy and do unto them, before they do unto you. 

My meta is fairly small at the moment, but I have had recent success with a couple different lists

Ox, Truffles, Shank, Boar, Tenderizer and Brisket - It gives me flexibility to take the middle while have a goal threat at the edges with Shank and Brisket or getting in that final blow.

Fillet, Princess, Meathook, V Brisket, Boiler and Rage - I've used this against Alchemists, which I've had problems against, and have had much better success. I'm able to get out bleed for Fillet to feed off of while leaving plenty of options for models to come in and finish. Plus having V Brisket with a higher TAC, Balls Gone and Support From the Wing is a nice annoyance against score heavy teams and outside attacks.

I like the idea of using Truffles with Meathook though for the MOM KD and the Hooked trait to bring some of the high DEFs down. Since I haven't had the greatest luck causing bleed with Princess, I'm thinking about swapping out the pup for the pig.

1 hour ago, SwogMonglet said:

I run truffles exclusively, as my team is called 'Murder pigs' :D his mom knockdown is evil and he's a git to take down so people rarely take a counter against him. 

But what WOULD counter anger pig?

Or rather what is worth using to counter anger pig?

If someone goes after Truffles instead of some one else I kind of giggle to myself as 11 hit boxes on a critter that resilient for a single point to make me waste single influence is probably going to end up in my favor.

He is not quite as efficient as wrecker, but I really think that a source of knock down is a lot scarier in butchers than it is in Masons.

The more that I play Truffles, the more I enjoy the model, he is a lot of fun to move around the board.

The thing I like about pigatron is he's unpredictable. Princess can be quite telegraphed in that you know boiler is coming in to do some damage. I like to keep truffles back in my half bear the goal if I haven't got tenderiser.

I'm really liking the names that people are coming up with. Pigatron is great! However, I really feel that if you're using the name Pigatron, leaving him back by the goal is a travesty. Get him up in there and kick the living shit out of something! :)

I love me some Truffles. Crazy influence efficient and a momentous knockdown with some toughness added in makes for a really nice piece in this guild. I've been running Fillet, Truffles, Boiler, Meathook, Vet Brisket, and one of the Furious models and been enjoying it. With proper positioning, three models on the team can charge for 0 or 1 influence, meaning I can load up Fillet without starving the rest of my team. Truffles plays a pretty important role as he gets into position to knock people down in order to help clear people off of the models who like to charge.

14 hours ago, kryzak said:

Apparently with Ox legendary and aura, against a crowded out Brick, Truffles did 8 damage in one charge.  YIKES! 

I think you are referring to my game ;)

This thread inspired me to revisit Truffles in an Ox list. He was a star, Brick was hurting a bit already and he had hooked on him and snared from Minx. I had Ox at full power in range. I also had the plot card for 'furious' if within 4" of the captain. Also I had Meathook and Minx engaging. So with 1 INF on Truffles I charged Brick for free and wrapped for the KD and 3 damage, then attacked and wrapped again for 7 more damage and that was the end of Brick.

It was the best turn I've had with Truffles. Granted the conditions were perfect, but I can see using the bacon beast a lot more in the future.

11 minutes ago, butterbaste said:

I think you are referring to my game ;)

This thread inspired me to revisit Truffles in an Ox list. He was a star, Brick was hurting a bit already and he had hooked on him and snared from Minx. I had Ox at full power in range. I also had the plot card for 'furious' if within 4" of the captain. Also I had Meathook and Minx engaging. So with 1 INF on Truffles I charged Brick for free and wrapped for the KD and 3 damage, then attacked and wrapped again for 7 more damage and that was the end of Brick.

It was the best turn I've had with Truffles. Granted the conditions were perfect, but I can see using the bacon beast a lot more in the future.

IN.SAN.I.TY! :) 

I'm just glad I wasn't the Masons player in that game, haha.

I haven't tried Truffles yet, and one of the reasons is concern about the MOV of 4"/6".  I'm generally running Fillet and quickly end up on the other side of the field.  Do you give Truffles INF to sprint early on?  Do you have any trouble with Truffles being too slow to get into the fight?

2 hours ago, kerbarian said:

I haven't tried Truffles yet, and one of the reasons is concern about the MOV of 4"/6".  I'm generally running Fillet and quickly end up on the other side of the field.  Do you give Truffles INF to sprint early on?  Do you have any trouble with Truffles being too slow to get into the fight?

Playing a similarly slow mascot with Strongbox, I was worried about all that, but with a sprint for 2 turns in a row, he can easily get into the middle and muck the opponent up.  With Vet Rage giving a 2" boost with Quick Time (which vBrisket has I think), he's easily 1" from the middle line after the first turn.  From that point on, a threat range (for Truffles) of 6" is not too bad with Sic Em or 1 INF.