arabicjesus

Winning Ways for Your Guild Ball Plays

I've run a blog for sometime (mountaineersguild.com) looking at different players and the math behind them. My latest article is about Pintpot, who has me more excited to play Brewers than I have been before. I plan on doing some more articles about Brewers (along with other guilds) in the future. I'll post the Brewers stuff here for those interested.

Thoughts on Pintpot: here.

I used him on Tuesday night. He did the business. Only charge if you can't get in any other way. 

Took out a knocked down figure by hitting with 7 dice to do 9 damage:o Awesome .

He was in the same melee as Tapper who had done the KD, Commanding Aura and 3" of momentous push in the direction of Hooper. :-)

I'm going to start doing more in depth analysis of the players, starting with the Brewers I've worked on. Alex Botts suggested I look at momentum generation expected value and damage for activation as a way to compare players. Hooper doesn't do so hot on generating Momentum without more set up than I would be willing to do.

2 hours ago, arabicjesus said:

I'm going to start doing more in depth analysis of the players, starting with the Brewers I've worked on. Alex Botts suggested I look at momentum generation expected value and damage for activation as a way to compare players. Hooper doesn't do so hot on generating Momentum without more set up than I would be willing to do.

He only got 2 momentum for the roll he did 9 damage. The last option in his playbook and the take out.

On 08/02/2017 at 9:43 PM, The Old Buzzard said:

I used him on Tuesday night. He did the business. Only charge if you can't get in any other way. 

Took out a knocked down figure by hitting with 7 dice to do 9 damage:o Awesome .

He was in the same melee as Tapper who had done the KD, Commanding Aura and 3" of momentous push in the direction of Hooper. :-)

I think it was me that told you this!

You are welcome 

Jk

@arabicjesus thank you so much for the helpful articles, they completely revolutionized my mindset with tapper and hooper. 

Even just thinking about my game last night using esters I certainly was falling into the trap of trying to set up esters far too much for a wrecking ball turn. I fell into the tooled up trap and tried to get her tooled up and second winded with also a bag of quaffers but that gave my opponents far too long of a read and reaction time and when I finally would engage with her I was consistently underwhelmed. 

27 minutes ago, ncw103 said:

@arabicjesus thank you so much for the helpful articles, they completely revolutionized my mindset with tapper and hooper. 

Even just thinking about my game last night using esters I certainly was falling into the trap of trying to set up esters far too much for a wrecking ball turn. I fell into the tooled up trap and tried to get her tooled up and second winded with also a bag of quaffers but that gave my opponents far too long of a read and reaction time and when I finally would engage with her I was consistently underwhelmed. 

I love Ester she Is my Number one Captain (:

You can't Bag of Quaffers, Ester she Is a Captain.

51 minutes ago, Kueller said:

I love Ester she Is my Number one Captain (:

You can't Bag of Quaffers, Ester she Is a Captain.

Thank you! yikes, glad to learn that now before I play more games with her. 

5 minutes ago, ncw103 said:

Thank you! yikes, glad to learn that now before I play more games with her. 

I made that mistake once lol but at least It was a casual game.

I left him with the ball knowing he had the :T: in one hit.

He was crowded out by Flint who did not have enough INF to both reach him and Hit him. Then a "Super Strat ed", Harmony charged him. I calmly declared counter attack but not Def stance. She wrapped ! with :>>: &:T: then scored :wacko:.

Good article.

Bill

Well done @arabicjesus! The ogspigot article was great, I had tons of success with him today at the tournament and my level of play has improved now thinking about the game from the point of view from your articles.

hahaha I am glad to know that is how you read my post :)

I started all this just as an excuse to put two things I like together: Guild ball and Math, but have found it helps me know what to expect from players during games and I can make better decisions myself. I'm glad to hear about others getting some value out of my articles as well.