14 minutes ago, Replect said:

In my summary (OP) of all clarified questions so far, this was the official answer:

Another one that was added following blind playtesting, the following sentence can be found on page 15 of the printed book:
'When the players set up the tiles again after defeating a mini boss, place the characters on the Bonfire tile. They rest at the bonfire (without using a spark) before continuing their journey.

So, beside the sparks you reset, you also rest for free, which means all tokens will be reset too...

I missed that. Thanks very much!

On 24/02/2017 at 0:02 AM, scifidownbeat said:

1) What happens to the Ember card if it is drawn and used to gain an Ember token? Is it stuck in the inventory, is it shuffled back into the treasure deck, or (what I initially assumed) is it placed at the bottom of the treasure deck?

When an Ember is drawn you immediately place an Ember token on one of the player characters (you can't choose to save it) and then discard the Ember card.

2) What happens if you move onto a trapped node, and dodge-move onto another trapped node? I'm assuming here that what was said about push attack dodges, "If you fail the dodge you get pushed from the node you're standing on having made your dodge move, away from the attacker which you attempted to dodge." also applies to trap dodges, i.e. that in the case of a failed dodge, the player acts as if they did not dodge-move even if the model has physically moved. But if the player succeeds in avoiding the trap, and moves onto another trapped node, the player can then choose to dodge the second trap, and essentially roll around dodging traps as long as they have stamina to do so. The order of events in this case would be: move to a trapped node -> trigger the trap -> choose to dodge -> pay 1 stamina -> move to a second trapped node -> dodge roll for the first trap -> fail the roll -> move back to the first node without triggering the second trap -> take damage. Or, move to a trapped node -> trigger the trap -> choose to dodge -> pay 1 stamina -> move to a second trapped node -> dodge roll for the first trap -> succeed the roll -> trigger the second trap -> choose to dodge -> pay 1 stamina -> move to a third trapped node -> etc. (Of course, it's possible to dodge in place, but where's the fun in that?)

I'll keep this one fairly short as a few have covered it. You can indeed bounce around the traps with dodges to clear them all if you so please, bear in mind not all traps are created equal and some have higher damage/dodge values than others.

3) I want to make sure that I have trap priority figured out. Consider a scenario where an enemy launches a push attack on a character, and that character can choose to dodge and move to another node, but would trigger a trapped node. This is a technically complicated situation because there are a lot of factors which affect player movement, some of which might lead to the trap-hopping scenario described above. I assume that:

• When an attack occurs and the player chooses to dodge, the first thing that happens is that the player pays 1 stamina and chooses to either move to an adjacent node or stay on the current one.
  • If the dodge fails and the player dodge-moved, the player acts as if the dodge move did not happen and resolves the damage source relative to the model's initial node.
  • Traps can only resolve once the player is committed to move to the trapped node; that is, if any player is standing on an un-triggered trap immediately after an enemy attack is resolved.

So in a scenario where the player dodge-moves onto a trap to avoid a push attack, I'm assuming the order of operations would be: enemy attack -> choose to dodge -> pay 1 stamina -> move to a trapped node (doesn't trigger immediately, because we don't commit to this movement until the attack resolves) -> dodge roll for the push attack -> fail the roll -> move back to the initial node without triggering the trap -> (now we are considered to have been hit) take damage -> get pushed (say the player goes back to the trapped node) -> trigger the trap -> choose to dodge -> pay 1 stamina -> move to another trapped node -> etc. (or stay on the node).

The sequence would be:
Enemy attack -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to a trapped node -> Choose to Dodge trap -> Pay 1 stamina for Trap dodge -> Move to another node -> Make Dodge dice roll for Dodging Trap -> Rinse and repeat until dodging is finished with Traps or you step on a Trap that is blank -> Dodge roll for the push attack -> Fail the roll -> Take damage from push attack -> Get pushed 

On 24/02/2017 at 11:51 AM, Replect said:

1. Since the player decides where the model/encounter is moving to, what if the AI card is saying that it moves 2 nodes away from it's target. There are situations where the encounter could move away in a direction where it could move those 2 nodes, but at the same time in another direction where it could only move 1 node, where it ends up in the corner and any other move wouldn't increase the distance to it's target, so it stops there. May I choose to let it move that 1 node in the corner (even though it has a movement of 2 away from the target)? Or do I have to choose a direction where it can move those 2 nodes away from the target, if there is such an option?

In short, either option is a correct resolution. Sheperding enemies that move away into a corner is an entirely valid tactic.

On 24/02/2017 at 11:51 AM, Replect said:

2. Or if the encounter starts in such a corner and could move 2 nodes, but the first move wouldn't increase (and obviously wouldn't decrease) the distance, while the second actually would. Does the encounter move? Or will he stay in place? If, would he also move if he could only move 1 node, which means that one step without increasing/decreasing the distance?

If a models total movement leaves it on a node where it is farther away from it's target, then this is where it moves. Obviously this varies depending on the amount of movement enemies have. As covered in the scenario above, both the movement of 1 into a corner and the movement of 2 in the other direction take the enemy farther away from the target. Which route the enemy takes is entirely up to the players, as long as the farther away criteria is met (assuming of course there are nodes that would take the enemy farther away, if there aren't any... then the enemy won't move).

On 25/02/2017 at 11:36 PM, Replect said:

I'm wondering, do I - by rule - have to use both doorways from the Bonfire tile or could I also have setups with only one doorway from the Bonfire tile actually being connected to one of the other 4 tiles (like all tiles being placed in a line? Or for example have one doorway to lead only to one encounter tile with a dead end so to speak, while the other Bonfire tile doorway will lead to the other 3 encouner tiles and obviously the Fog Gate at the end?

Basically, do I have complete freedom, as long as doorways aren't aligned with the wall of another tile and the Fog Gate is positioned at the farthest from the Bonfire tile?

You have total freedom on where the tiles are placed leading off the Bonfire Tile, if you want to just use one doorway, then just use one doorway :).

On 03/03/2017 at 1:09 PM, Replect said:

Looking at the weapon TALISMAN and it's ability, I'm wondering if only other characters gain the amount of stamina or also the one who used it?

"All characters within range gain x stamina"

And considering the version which costs more for a bigger stamina gain... Considering the character who used it also gains stamina, would that mean he pais the amount of stamina, if that wouldn't kill him, and gains the amount of stamina provided by the spell after that?

'All characters' means the character that used it also gains the benefit. 'Attacks' that state 'other' mean the character using the ability would not gain the benefit.

In the versions with a stamina cost, say you the 'attack' costs 3 stamina and you only have 3 spaces left on your endurance bar you simply cannot use that 'attack'. As soon as the bar is full you die, and in this case the bar would be full before you recover.

On 21/03/2017 at 9:27 PM, Replect said:

1a. If 2 PC are on the same node and 2 Hollow Soldiers are about to move in, the first one will move in and attacks the nearest player (aggro or highest taunt). Now the second Hollow Soldier moves in... Do I now can decide if I move the PC the Hollow Soldier was about to attack (to avoid the 2nd hit) or would I also be able to move the other PC (if I feel like it's still the better choice)?

The first would move in and make his attack, then the second would move in, you choose who gets pushed out, then the Hollow makes his attack. If you choose to push the target of the attack off the node, the attack would miss.

1b. Same basically if 3 PC are on the same node... Do I have free choice which PC will get pushed as soon as a Hollow Soldier (in this case again) moves in or is it probably always the PC which is the target or something like that?

Correct.

2. And I just realized: What if in any of the aboves situations a grunt with Movement push (let's say even including a number - an attack basically) moves in when there are already 2 or even 3 PC on that node? Do all get hit by this, or all but the one I've pushed onto an adjacent node because of the model limit?

If there are 3 PCs on a node and an enemy with a push with damage is moving into this node you would choose the model that is pushed off due to model limit and they would not suffer the damage... the other 2 would.

On 24/03/2017 at 3:46 PM, Ashraam said:

Just saw a comment in the 101 Update stating the rules PDF available is the same as the printed version. So I guess none of these clarifications will make the final print.

I'm a bit torn on that, honestly. I think for the most part the rules are clear enough to play, but I have a feeling one group could be playing a vastly different version from the next group based on rule interpretations.

All of the previously made clarifications are in the print version of the book (I have it infront of me), I'll chase up trying to get the final version (in all languages if I can) uploaded but everything is extremely busy at the moment (as I'm sure you can understand).

On 29/01/2017 at 6:12 PM, strongale said:

Hi there!

While reading the rulebook I got disappointed on the souls cache mechanic. I hope being misunderstanding something even if I see how hard would be to find an alternative.

The possible souls costs in the game are four:

• Buy equiment : 1 soul
  • Level up stat to Tier 1 : 2 souls
  • Level up stat to Tier 2 : 4 souls
  • Level up stat to Tier 3 : 8 souls

At the end of each encounter, the party is free (and has no good reason to act differently) to go back to the bonfire tile, not absolutely touching the flame and consuming all the souls they just gained (through NPCs).
Then they can proceed to the next encounter, so when would the party leave their souls where they die, if they can alway approach any encounter souls-free?!?

In particular having 4 players means gaining 8 souls per encounter (which is the higher price for something) so party don't even have to stack them to reach a higher number of souls through multiple encounters.

So do the party risk the souls loss only if playing with less than 4 player and trying to reach 8 souls to unlock a tier3 stat? (also playing alone and unlocking tier2 too)

Thanks in advance and have a good time everybody!

This is a mechanic that's impact varies depending on the amount of players in standard playthroughs of the game, it is certainly more prevalent when playing with less players because you have to 'save up' for the higher tier upgrades. I think it's fair to say it's also a much larger consideration during campaign play.

Right, I think that's everything up to date as far as I can tell. If I've missed any please let me know and I'll try and dig out the time to cover them. Sorry for the delay, I've been exceedingly busy over the passed few months. I hope you all enjoy the game when it lands on your doorsteps!

Cheers,
Alex

@alxndrhll

First of all, thank you very much again for taking your time!

I kind of checked daily if there is any official response, but I know you guys are busy and also understand you want to enjoy your free times like we all want to enjoy ours as well, so I didn't comment in here to force any pressure or something...

Obviously, if you guys find time to upload the latest (print) rulebook version (even in the other languages), that would be awesome (sure it would, I wouldn't have to say that! :lol:) and we likely would see which questions are actually still relevant in here and worth to be discussed/cleared.

About the latest response, I'm just not quite sure if I understood all the answers:

50 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

When an Ember is drawn you immediately place an Ember token on one of the player characters (you can't choose to save it) and then discard the Ember card.

I assume "discard" means "out of the game"!?

I'll keep this one fairly short as a few have covered it. You can indeed bounce around the traps with dodges to clear them all if you so please, bear in mind not all traps are created equal and some have higher damage/dodge values than others.

The sequence would be:
Enemy attack -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to a trapped node -> Dodge roll for the push attack -> Fail the roll -> Move back to the initial node without triggering the trap -> Take damage from push attack -> Get pushed (say the player goes back to the trapped node) -> Trigger the trap -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to another trapped node -> etc.

You didn't say it, but "dodging in place" is not allowed like it was said in the initial request, just want to be sure here...

Also, I just realized that I mis-read the part about "If you fail the dodge you get pushed from the node you're standing on having made your dodge move, away from the attacker which you attempted to dodge.". I thought you would then get pushed from the node you dodged to, not from the node you stood before the dodged... Which basically would have meant I would have built a distance of 2 nodes to the attacker, instead of only 1. But considering the sequence, it definitely misunderstood that answer you gave months ago without realizing until now...

In short, either option is a correct resolution. Sheperding enemies that move away into a corner is an entirely valid tactic.

If a models total movement leaves it on a node where it is farther away from it's target, then this is where it moves. Obviously this varies depending on the amount of movement enemies have. As covered in the scenario above, both the movement of 1 into a corner and the movement of 2 in the other direction take the enemy farther away from the target. Which route the enemy takes is entirely up to the players, as long as the farther away criteria is met (assuming of course there are nodes that would take the enemy farther away, if there aren't any... then the enemy won't move).

If I understand that correctly, then it means it doesn't matter if the individual move leaves it farther away from it's target, relevant is which total movement (the last node it moves onto) would leave it farthest away? Or am I misunderstanding this (total movement) now? Likely, since you said all the options are valid, but wouldn't be with my understanding here now...

Because, if my understanding is right, then I would question why I'm allowed to put him in the corner (in example 1), considering that the other direction would leave him (with that 2nd move) farther away than the corner route. And I would think with a movement of 2 I would have to move him (in example 2), since the 2nd move would result in leaving him farther away than staying in the corner, even though the 1st move wouldn't increase the distance.

No? :D:unsure:

@alxndrhll Looking at the history, these questions were out there since your last comment a couple of weeks ago, which you didn't cover now...

In best case (for you?) it's just, "Right", "Same activation" or "Any following activation" and "Correct"... ;)

On 14.2.2017 at 4:14 PM, Replect said:

About the Boss clarification:

If I understand correctly, that basically means!?

• equal/more than 1 movement left towards target    -> turn to face with target centered in front arc before each single move (or don't move in case of on same node without push)
  • No movement (left)   -> don't turn
  • equal/more than 1 movement left away from target    -> Only turn (to face target centered in front arc) before doing the first move, no further turning
  • Any move without target    -> don't turn

Right? :)

Right? :D

On 21.2.2017 at 2:28 PM, Replect said:

And while reading through the Warrior special action "BERSERK CHARGE":

"Once per spark during his activation, the Warrior may move one node without spending stamina. The next range 0 attack he makes costs 0 stamina and gains [Node icon/attack]"

I guess that range 0 attack is also necessary to happen during the same activation the warrior moves that one node without spending stamina, it just isn't stated 100% clear, no? It could be read as move one node without spending stamina during his activation (when using that spark) and then the next range 0 attack in this or any following activation would cost 0 stamina and gains [Node icon/attack]... If the latter actually is true, likely only in the current encounter though I guess. And if really the case, how do you keep track of if you used that range 0 attack already in any of the following activations?

What is correct?

On 21.2.2017 at 11:10 PM, Replect said:

Aaaand another quesiton just arised after looking at the special ability of the Dancer:

"After a heat up behaviour cars is drawn and resolved, shuffle the Dancer's behaviour deck"

Do I put all resolved cards (including the just resolved heat up card) back in the draw deck and then shuffle the deck or does that mean I shuffle only the draw deck (considering there are still cards to draw) and keep the resolved cards deck where it is?

I think the answer will be just "Correct!"? :)

Much appreciated, but you know that already I guess!

Just now, Replect said:

I assume "discard" means "out of the game"!?

Correct

1 minute ago, Replect said:

I thought you would then get pushed from the node you dodged to, not from the node you stood before the dodged

This is correct, I'm somewhat lost in a loop now. But yeah, this is correct.

2 minutes ago, Replect said:

You didn't say it, but "dodging in place" is not allowed like it was said in the initial request, just want to be sure here...

The 'may' is entirely intentional, you can chose to stay in place with a dodge.

5 minutes ago, Replect said:

If I understand that correctly, then it means it doesn't matter if the individual move leaves it farther away from it's target, relevant is which total movement (the last node it moves onto) would leave it farthest away? Or am I misunderstanding this (total movement) now? Likely, since you said all the options are valid, but wouldn't be with my understanding here now...

The criteria is that they have moved farther away not the farthest away. Both options result in the model being farther away than where it started. If the enemy moves into the corner with the first movement, there are no nodes left for the enemy to move again and still be farther away upon it ending it's movement... so the enemy will stay in the corner.

Cheers,
Alex

4 minutes ago, Replect said:

On 14/02/2017 at 3:14 PM, Replect said:

About the Boss clarification:

If I understand correctly, that basically means!?

• equal/more than 1 movement left towards target    -> turn to face with target centered in front arc before each single move (or don't move in case of on same node without push)
  • No movement (left)   -> don't turn
  • equal/more than 1 movement left away from target    -> Only turn (to face target centered in front arc) before doing the first move, no further turning
  • Any move without target    -> don't turn

Right? :)

Right? :D

Correct

On 21/02/2017 at 1:28 PM, Replect said:

And while reading through the Warrior special action "BERSERK CHARGE":

"Once per spark during his activation, the Warrior may move one node without spending stamina. The next range 0 attack he makes costs 0 stamina and gains [Node icon/attack]"

I guess that range 0 attack is also necessary to happen during the same activation the warrior moves that one node without spending stamina, it just isn't stated 100% clear, no? It could be read as move one node without spending stamina during his activation (when using that spark) and then the next range 0 attack in this or any following activation would cost 0 stamina and gains [Node icon/attack]... If the latter actually is true, likely only in the current encounter though I guess. And if really the case, how do you keep track of if you used that range 0 attack already in any of the following activations?

What is correct?

Berserk Charge is a move followed by an attack, in the same activation.

5 minutes ago, Replect said:
  On 21/02/2017 at 10:10 PM, Replect said:

Aaaand another quesiton just arised after looking at the special ability of the Dancer:

"After a heat up behaviour cars is drawn and resolved, shuffle the Dancer's behaviour deck"

Do I put all resolved cards (including the just resolved heat up card) back in the draw deck and then shuffle the deck or does that mean I shuffle only the draw deck (considering there are still cards to draw) and keep the resolved cards deck where it is?

You picked up all cards, including the just resolved heat up card (be sure to remember the weak arc, assuming there is one), shuffle them and place them all back down. Yes, this means it is possible to get a chain of multiple heat up attacks in a row, yes it's bad news when it happens, yes it's hilarious when it happens, yes... I'm a horrible person.

Cheers,
Alex

@alxndrhll

21 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

This is correct, I'm somewhat lost in a loop now. But yeah, this is correct.

Hmm, okay, so my understanding has been correct all the time, good! :D

Though now I'm getting confused how the sequence then would actually look like since the part "Move back to the initial node without triggering the trap" wouldn't happen in that sequence, right?

But what then:

Enemy attack -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to a trapped node -> Dodge roll for the push attack -> Fail the roll -> Move back to the initial node without triggering the trap -> Take damage from push attack -> Get pushed (say the player goes back to the trapped node) (from the trap you dodged onto, right?) -> But when will that trap get triggered then? Trigger the trap -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to another trapped node -> etc.

16 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I'm a horrible person.

Nah, you are not... It's just the dancer! ;)

And just figured I've another (certainly easy) question: If multiple characters get attacked, is there a certain order this has to be resolved (block/dodge) or can players choose who will defend himself first, second and so on?

Just now, Replect said:

Hmm, okay, so my understand was correct all the time, good! :D

Though now I'm getting confused how the sequence then would actually look like since the part "Move back to the initial node without triggering the trap" wouldn't happen in that sequence, right?

But what then:

Enemy attack -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to a trapped node -> Dodge roll for the push attack -> Fail the roll -> Move back to the initial node without triggering the trap -> Take damage from push attack -> Get pushed (say the player goes back to the trapped node) (from the trap you dodged onto, right?) -> But when will that trap get triggered then? Trigger the trap -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to another trapped node -> etc.

Realised I editted the sequence wrong so will edit in the initial clarification, the sequence is:

Enemy attack -> Choose to dodge -> Pay 1 stamina -> Move to a trapped node -> Choose to Dodge trap -> Pay 1 stamina for Trap dodge -> Move to another node -> Make Dodge dice roll for Dodging Trap -> Rinse and repeat until dodging is finished with Traps or you step on a Trap that is blank -> Dodge roll for the push attack -> Fail the roll -> Take damage from push attack -> Get pushed 

The TLDR is that Traps interrupt enemy attacks 'The first time a character moves onto a node with a face down trap token, flip the trap token over'. Once you're finished resolving traps you make the dice roll for the initial enemy attack and resolve that accordingly if you fail the dice roll. This isn't a scenario I see coming up all that much, but yeah, thats the resolution.

Cheers,
Alex

3 minutes ago, Replect said:

And just figured I've another (certainly easy) question: If multiple characters get attacked, is there a certain order this has to be resolved (block/dodge) or can players choose who will defend himself first, second and so on?

Player choice, but they are considered to be simultaneous. So if for example the Assassin dodges and uses his Heroic, and then kills the enemy making the attack the other players hit by the attack still need to block/dodge.

Cheers,
Alex

@alxndrhll Thanks a lot for taking your time! Can't wait to finally have the game (next week? :wacko:) in my hands to figure out what other questions I have when actually playing with all materials (instead of my sad excel-kind-of-version)! :lol:

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

The 'may' is entirely intentional, you can chose to stay in place with a dodge.

This is pretty important to me personally, since this was my original interpretation but other commenters disagreed.

Thanks for all the help Alex!

reading all this makes me feel like i'll have no idea what i'm doing, lol. never got into board games like this. i'm hoping i'm able to understand the instructions the game comes with and can figure things out.

scifibeatdown - I am the culprit of that misinterpretation, I apologize. 

Squirtis - All the answers contained in this thread will probably be compiled into a FAQ and will be available for reference in case a player has questions about particular scenarios. When you begin playing just use the rulebook and keep in mind that this thread is available if you get in an argument with your group about how a certain rule should be resolved in a particular case. Don't stress about it. The rules are simple and should feel intuitive as you start playing with the pieces in front of you. Dealing with hypothetical scenarios and theoretical rules discussions before playing a game can cause a lot of headaches if you're not an experienced board gamer.

Yeah, if we have the final rulebook in our hands and there are still answers from here worth being noted (still unclear so to speak), I (if SFG is not doing an official one) will try to get all these answers put together in the OP in a shortened version as far as possible...

It would be really helpful to have a PDF or something easily printable to refer to for clarifications too.

Do we know if any of the originally mentioned edits actually made it to print or not? Or do we know if there will be an updated PDF for the clarified rules to print, at the very least?

Or perhaps it would be possible for them to include a more updated rulebook in the stretchgoal/megaboss Kickstarter shipment? What do you think the chances of something like that would be? I would easily pay another 5 to 10 dollars for the cost of upgraded rules.

1 minute ago, Latromi said:

It would be really helpful to have a PDF or something easily printable to refer to for clarifications too.

Do we know if any of the originally mentioned edits actually made it to print or not? And do we know if there will be an updated PDF fruit the clarified rules to print, at the very least?

Or perhaps it would be possible for them to include a more updated rulebook in the stretchgoal/megaboss Kickstarter shipment? What doing you think the chances of something like that would be? I would easily pay another 5 to 10 dollars for the cost of upgraded rules.

Oh man you totally missed out on a thousand plus posts of drama about the new PDFs that are on the main site. The English version seems correct but the German and French versions seem to have issues and the Spanish and Italian ones were so much still in beta they got pulled off the site. Also keep your old copy until the game comes because to save file space they used really low res versions of the card photos (but still didn't squash the layers, which is where the real space saving could happen)

There are things clarified in the final rulebook (which was uploaded yesterday - http://steamforged.com/s/DS-Core-Rules-lores.pdf) which were topics in here, but I didn't have time yet to see what rules are still not 100% clear and still could be misunderstood and should be kept in here and be part of a summary in my OP or a printable FAQ or something like that...

Hmm, I just stumbled upon a situation in a boss playtest (actually the 2nd time I'm trying a boss fight based on the cards we have available through videos and rulebook) where I'm not sure if I now am meant to move the boss or not.

This as a example setup with the boss facing the north-east:

Now, I'm not sure: Do I move him to one of the upper diagonally positioned nodes (as this is still considered to be forward movement) without him turning or doesn't he move at all and this is considered already running against the wall kind of or what is it?

I assume it's the first, but I don't feel very confident really about that one right now... :)

I just read in the update that there should be a FAQ for the Rulebook available for download. 
When clicking the link, it just opens a site without the option to download the PDF. When I finally got to download the PDF, it says it's defective and can't be opened.

Did anybody succeed to download it and can share it with me? (Upload it somewhere else)

Thanks a lot!

Another question... In the FAQ it says:

Q: When you are pushed off a boss’s node, you can only be pushed onto a node in the same arc. If a boss’s attack has a push, do you need to stay in the same arc?
A: No. Any time a character is pushed by an attack, it simply needs to be moved farther from the attacking model (p. 21).

To an earlier question in this thread @alxndrhll said: "Pushes with damage are considered attacks, which is why they're listed under enemy attacks (page 25)."

I currently would assume that a push with an attack still needs you to stay in the same arc, but that Q&A + the clarification in combination don't quite fit if you ask me! :D

@Hampel

Did you try it again or within another browser? I basically just "Right Click - Save target as..." and it works flawless...

This is not really a rule question I guess, but I didn't want to open a new thread for that one since I assume the answer is pretty straight forward.

In the FAQ there is this ERRATA section and this part:

Mini Boss Icons
The Boreal Outrider Knight, Gargoyle, Titanite Demon, and Winged Knight are all mini bosses as noted on p. 5 of the rulebook. If the boss data card icon differs from the rulebook in your printing of Dark Souls™: The Board Game, the rulebook takes precedence.

Does this mean - different than the pictures of the cards in the rulebook- our printed mini-boss information cards in our KS box will show the main boss icons or what is it?

This is not really a rule question I guess, but I didn't want to open a new thread for that one since I assume the answer is pretty straight forward.

In the FAQ there is this ERRATA section and this part:

Mini Boss Icons
The Boreal Outrider Knight, Gargoyle, Titanite Demon, and Winged Knight are all mini bosses as noted on p. 5 of the rulebook. If the boss data card icon differs from the rulebook in your printing of Dark Souls™: The Board Game, the rulebook takes precedence.

Does this mean - different than the pictures of the cards in the rulebook- our printed mini-boss information cards in our KS box will show the main boss icons or what is it?

Maybe some cards have the main boss icon printed on. The skull with the crown.

9 minutes ago, Ragnara said:

Maybe some cards have the main boss icon printed on. The skull with the crown.

That's kind of the question or if it means something different... Guess not...

Another question, which arised after going through the German rulebook (which has it's issues too sadly). I feel like it's just misleading there since I don't feel like the english version gives that impression, but the "Luck token" can't be used to have someone else in the party re-roll one of their die, right?

On 12.4.2017 at 0:09 AM, Replect said:

Hmm, I just stumbled upon a situation in a boss playtest (actually the 2nd time I'm trying a boss fight based on the cards we have available through videos and rulebook) where I'm not sure if I now am meant to move the boss or not.

The boss is positioned on the right node in one of the lines where are only 2 nodes in a horizontally line and above and below are obviously then lines with 3 nodes diagonally positioned to these. His front arc is looking to the right. Now based on the behavior card the boss is meant to move forward 2 nodes without any specific target.

Now, I'm not sure: Do I move him to one of the right diagonally positioned nodes in the upper/lower line without changing facing and stop then since there is not further node to the right for his 2nd movement or doesn't he move at all and this is considered already running against the wall kind of or what is it?

I assume it's the first, but I made myself insecure right now with that one... :)

Another question which goes pretty much in the same direction. The boss is positioned on the right node in one of the lines (not the top one though) where are 3 nodes in a horizontally line and is facing north-east. Now he is meant to move forward with 2 (but doesn't really matter here if it's 1 or 2...). Does he move to the node in the above line with 3 nodes (and again if there is one)? Basically the exact same movement he would do if he would face north? With the only difference of the facing, since this wouldn't change in any of these...

After all, these are only 2 specific situations of many which result to the same question... I guess in general since I've just started playtesting with a boss where arcs and movement independent of any target are a thing, I'm not sure what is still to be considered the direction the movement from the behavior card is telling. When is movement not considered anymore to be forward/backward/sideways (especially in situations without a target), also in relation to the current bosses facing, which can be horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Probably it's just me...