More than welcome for the clarifications!

Aye, the 10 Sparks is possible (emphasis on possible, not probably... just possible) assuming you do a larger campaign scenario with a lot of bosses... which may... or may not exist ;).

As a sidenote, who likes the Old Dragonslayer fight from Dark Souls 2? Imagine if we were super clever and put in a mini-boss deck for him in one of the expansions as something extra that we didn't commit to on the Kickstarter, and you use the Ornstein model from the Core game as his model... That'd be cool... Right?

Cheers,
Alex

11 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

As a sidenote, who likes the Old Dragonslayer fight from Dark Souls 2? Imagine if we were super clever and put in a mini-boss deck for him in one of the expansions as something extra that we didn't commit to on the Kickstarter, and you use the Ornstein model from the Core game as his model... That'd be cool... Right?

For ***'s sake! Are you teasing us, playing with our feelings!? Don't you dare! :angry:

No, please, more of that! :D

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

More than welcome for the clarifications!

Aye, the 10 Sparks is possible (emphasis on possible, not probably... just possible) assuming you do a larger campaign scenario with a lot of bosses... which may... or may not exist ;).

Cheers,
Alex

I see what you did there... ;)

It would be a cool idea! Who doesen't like more content...

@alxndrhll

Hmm, just going through the rules considering the things you just cleared up I realize I can't quite figure out how a attack/movement push is affecting a failed dodge!?

I mean, my understanding is in general when dodging, I move to an adjacent node, no matter if my dodge failed or not.

But when I get pushed and fail the dodge, I get hit, but still dodge/move to an adjacent node, but which adjacent nodes are allowed then? Those like I wouldn't have dodged actually, based on the general push rules so to speak?

For example, just thinking about if I could still move/dodge onto the attackers node or another adjacent node next to the boss when being (attack) pushed from an adjacent node, even though I failed the dodge and get hit?

If you fail a dodge you have been hit. So the sequence would be:

Dodge selected - pay 1 stamina, move one node.
Roll dice - dodge failed = hit by attack.
Take damage, resolve any pushes/conditions inflicted. Pushes must be an adjacent node farther away from source of damage.

You make your dodge move irrelevant of whether the dodge is successful or not (which is why it's done when you pay the stamina to do it), this is how we've tried to represent iframes. 'Adjacent node' is the only restriction on Dodge movement, so you could move yourself onto the node of the attacker if you wish.

The Dodge sequence is detailed on page 25, and the clarification that pushes must take you away from the enemy causing the damage was in my initial post in this thread :).

Cheers,
Alex

@alxndrhll

So, I actually would be able to dodge onto the attackers node, fail the dodge, get hit and therefore get (attack) pushed as a result and then could move the character to basically any adjacent node around the attacker? 

Or what if I try to dodge a movement push, basically dodge move to the node the encounter is coming from, then fail the dodge as above. I then get pushed even further in that that direction as of the rules and considering its a boss's the arc after the dodge move is the one I've to stay in when resolving the push?

Long story short: I do my dodge as I wish (any adjacent node if not blocked by a barrel/chest), no matter what and if I fail to actually not get hit, resolve the push like I would have been on the node I just dodged to all the time?

Dodge to any adjacent node you please, if you suceed the dodge you stay where you are and take no damage because you haven't been hit. If you fail the dodge you get pushed from the node you're standing on having made your dodge move, away from the attacker which you attempted to dodge.

Your 'long story short' is correct.

Cheers,
Alex

@alxndrhll

Thanks for clarifying!

And hopefully last, also related to push:

I guess the answer to the following 2 questions is "No" to the first and "Yes" to the second.

1. A movement push without numbers (damage attached to it), can it be dodged? The rulebook only mentions this related to the movement push with numbers (damage) involved...

2. And the one with numbers (damage) only targets characters on the node he is moving into. That does mean it won't do damage to those on the node it started from, but it would still push them?

Have a nice weekend and thanks again for taking your time! :)

To my defense about the last question and why it felt/feels odd (I should say inconsistent) is because of:

A push without number is not considered as an attack because no damage is attached to it, which means I can't dodge it, while a push with number is considered an attack because of the damage attached to it, therefore I can try to dodge it.

The odd thing (inconsistency) is that the dodge can't be used to negate the push for the first (without damage), while it does potentially negate the damage and the push for the second (with damage). The fact that the second also probably negates the push, while you can't even try to negate that with the first, feels kind of inconsistent and resulted in the question. By no means do I mean inconsistent equals bad, I just didn't feel sure because of it... And the explanation that led to the question probably helps in general about how some (weird) people like me come up with questions you probably feel like the answer is pretty obvious! :D

Yeah, already come up with another push (no dodge related) clarification...

I guess this will be a "Yes" and "The first".

1. With a movement push (independent of it with damage or not) by an encounter, I can move to any adjacent node (if it's not a boss, which would force me into a specific arc)? Means I could also move to the node the encounter is coming from?

2. You said you get pushed farther away from the attacker when being attacked with a push icon. Is a movement push with a number considered to be such an attack as well or does that only come into play for  actual attacks (not based on movement) like in the example (stage 6) on page 1 here?

If not, I could dodge to the node the encounter is coming from and if I fail choose to get pushed back to the node I basically just dodged from, since the rule "farther away from the encounter" doesn't come into play?

*ducks and runs away*

1) When it's not a boss you can indeed go to the node that the attacker has moved from, we do it all the time in playtest.
2) Pushes with damage are considered attacks, which is why they're listed under enemy attacks (page 25).

Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,
Alex

A quick question about gravestone, barrel and chest:

Only for barrels the description is saying "blocks movement and pushes", while for the others it's only talking about movement. That's on purpose or has this just been forgotten (in that rulebook version at least)?

And destroyed barrels don't block movement and pushes, while an opened chest still does I guess? (That question was already out there on the KS comments, but since those are a mess to follow after some time has past by)

Bonus question related to this: How will barrels and chests work with the scenery pieces which were unlocked as SG? Do we get barrels and destroyed barrel pieces? And closed and opened chest pieces? :)

Another question that I remember someone questioned on KS and I think were answered back then:

When suffering damage from a poison token at the end of the model's activation, it will also trigger the bleed token before all tokens will be removed, correct?

Alex did answer the bleed/poison question. The bleed token remains on the character until they receive damage, including poison damage. I believe he also answered the question about barrels and chests. Barrels block all movement until they are broken, chests block all movement period.

1 hour ago, Joplick said:

Alex did answer the bleed/poison question. The bleed token remains on the character until they receive damage, including poison damage.

If that's the answer, then either the rulebook is outdated on that one or really misleading, since it says:

"When a model ends its activation, remove all condition tokens from that model. Additionally, if any models have condition tokens at the end of an encounter, remove those condition tokens as well."

I'm fine with that and remember Alex commenting on that the day the rulebook was released, but wasn't sure about the actual answer anymore after reading those lines again. KS comments are quite a mess to follow...

Thank you, love to!

I guess I should update the initial post if I've some time available, to get all questions + answers in there for a better and quicker overview.

10 hours ago, Joplick said:

Alex did answer the bleed/poison question. The bleed token remains on the character until they receive damage, including poison damage. I believe he also answered the question about barrels and chests. Barrels block all movement until they are broken, chests block all movement period.

Also, if the tokens (all or just specific ones?) remain until they will be triggered, I would assume there is a way to get rid of them before they get triggered, no? Estus flask or something...

And about chests and gravestone, the only question not answered then is:

Do both block pushes as well? (considering only barrels talk about "push" in the available rulebook version)

I guess yes, since it feels kind of odd if they don't, but who knows!? ;)

There is no way to remove conditions outside of them procc'ing/ending an encounter before they proc. We looked at adding in the various condition removal 'clumps' but found they added too much bloat to the treasure deck and felt entirely unnecessary.

The conditon's paragraph was updated to read:
'Some attacks inflict conditions on their target. When an attack
has a condition icon, place the corresponding condition token on
the model (or models) hit by that attack. A model can have only
one of each condition token. (For example, a model could be
affected by a Bleed token and a Poison token at the same time,
but it could not have two Bleed tokens.) When a model ends its
activation, remove any poison, frostbite, or stagger tokens from
that model. Additionally, if any models have condition tokens at
the end of an encounter, remove those condition tokens as well.'

Gravestones and Chests block all movement (walk, run, dodge, push), irrevelant of whether the chest has been opened or not. Barrel's specifically mention the types of movement they block because they don't block dodges, where as Gravestones and Chests do block dodges.

Cheers,
Alex

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

There is no way to remove conditions outside of them procc'ing/ending an encounter before they proc. We looked at adding in the various condition removal 'clumps' but found they added too much bloat to the treasure deck and felt entirely unnecessary.

The conditon's paragraph was updated to read:
'Some attacks inflict conditions on their target. When an attack
has a condition icon, place the corresponding condition token on
the model (or models) hit by that attack. A model can have only
one of each condition token. (For example, a model could be
affected by a Bleed token and a Poison token at the same time,
but it could not have two Bleed tokens.) When a model ends its
activation, remove any poison, frostbite, or stagger tokens from
that model. Additionally, if any models have condition tokens at
the end of an encounter, remove those condition tokens as well.'

Reading your comment and that paragraph means from the tokens in the rulebook, all tokens but the bleed token will be removed when a model ends its activation? Or am I lost in translation here, since I'm confused that you say "there is no way to remove conditions outside of them procc'ing/ending an encounter before they proc." while the paragraph talks about specific tokens which are already removed at the end of a models activation, not at the end of an encounter...

Also, I totally see that point with "too much bloat to the treasure deck" and such and totally agree, only I would have thought that the Estus flask if used would then remove these tokens as well, but probably it was a balance issue (overpowered Estus flask so to speak).