4 minutes ago, Arcueid said:

If so it cannot attack any player, since range is 0 (I guess ?), and any character on his node has been pushed before attack.

It would be ore efficient to attack first, and push after, so it gives boss attack and evasion.

Range is 1. Range and Dodge for Smough's attacks are shown at the very bottom of the card.

13 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Hammer Smash can attack an adjecent node.  That's what the 1 in the lower left corner of the card means.

Oh right ! I forgot range is detailed on each card. Thanks.

What happens if the character was on the left of the boss before movement.

After first push and move. Which arc is taken in consideration for second push ?

6 minutes ago, Arcueid said:

Oh right ! I forgot range is detailed on each card. Thanks.

What happens if the character was on the left of the boss before movement.

After first push and move. Which arc is taken in consideration for second push ?

When you're pushed by a boss you stay in the same arc, if possible. So unless you were against a wall you'd still be in the left arc.

If you were against a wall or corner you'd choose another node adjacent to the wall to move into. So you'd likely end up in the front or back arc; your choice.

I see 1 way to get damages:

- character is on left-front arc before movement

I see 2 ways where player can choose to take damages

- character is on boss node, and choose to go left-front arc on first push

- character is on boss left arc and choose to go left-front node after second push

Am I missing some use cases ?

2 minutes ago, Arcueid said:

I see 1 way to get damages:

- character is on left-front arc before movement

I see 2 ways where player can choose to take damages

- character is on boss node, and choose to go left-front arc on first push

- character is on boss left arc and choose to go left-front node after second push

Am I missing some use cases ?

Nope, I think that's about it.

Thanks all for your replies. Like we expected, but nice to have your opinions in the same direction. 

Regarding Hammer Slash, imho either the areal icon is missing (and the "nearest char icon superfluous) or the arc diagram shall not have the green arc at front. Or this is left open for add-ons/expansions.

@Ashraam

Yes, the weak, indented arc is red. The usual/default arcs are black and the attack/outdented (does the word exist in English?) arcs are green. 

Ok, one last question:

This situation, where C is a character and E is an enemy. Enemy has to move further away from C. He is currently at distance 2.

O     O     O
   O     O
O     O     O
   C     O
O     O     E

Here the same room, but with 1, 2, 3 identifying the distance from C.

2     2     3
   1     2
1     1     2
   C     1
1     1     E

Question: Will enemy move upwards?

In this concrete move, his distance will not change, as he moves from a distance-2 node to another distance-2 node. But he moves towards a distance-3 node.

Imho rules are not 100% clear about this, they just say that an enemy will only stop moving, if he is on the farest-away node.

Hornet Ring (on Armor) adds '1 orange dice - 1" to each attack. can it potentially add "minus 1"?

edit: is. actually "1 orange dice - 2" see post below...

I mean, can it potentially reduce the total damage of an attack by one? 

3 hours ago, Thinkpositiv said:

Hornet Ring (on Armor) adds '1orange dice - to 1" to each attack. can it potentially add "minus 1"?

I mean, can it potentially reduce the total damage of an attack by one? 

The minimum result on the orange dice is 1 so the worst the hornet ring can do is add nothing to your total. Unless you are playing with my custom engraved dice which have a blank face :)

Oh I made a typo, my fault, sorry. 

Hornet Ring is actually "one orange dice - 2"

So rolling a 1 will result in "minus 1". 

So question is if it can lead to subtract 1 from overall result. 

4 hours ago, Thinkpositiv said:

In that case, yes it can. You've still only 1 in 6 chance of that happening though.

18 hours ago, Thinkpositiv said:

I was thinking that this would be good to have in rulebook:

"The damage can never be negative". As with Hornet Ring in your armor upgrade and using weapon with only black dices, you really could roll -2 or -1 result.

I doubt no-one would play this wrong and HEAL the target when this happens, but you newer know =D

So I played my first game today and we got to the gargoyle mini boss. I feel like we did the boss fight super wrong though. It seemed like the boss never changed facing direction... I thought we were only to rotate an arc when the behavior card dictates, but none of the behavior cards had him rotate, also I was confused about what the different arcs mean. Is a green arc where you take dmg and a weak arc gets an extra black die? What does the normal arc do? Anyone have a link to boss specifics or a link to info?

Otherwise it was super fun gearing up and trying out the boss. I just think we did stuff wrong at that point.

Thanks

1 hour ago, squirtis said:

So I played my first game today and we got to the gargoyle mini boss. I feel like we did the boss fight super wrong though. It seemed like the boss never changed facing direction... I thought we were only to rotate an arc when the behavior card dictates, but none of the behavior cards had him rotate, also I was confused about what the different arcs mean. Is a green arc where you take dmg and a weak arc gets an extra black die? What does the normal arc do? Anyone have a link to boss specifics or a link to info?

Otherwise it was super fun gearing up and trying out the boss. I just think we did stuff wrong at that point.

Thanks

If a boss behavior has a circular closest icon or skull aggro icon, the boss turns to face the closet hero or the hero with the aggro token before moving or attacking.  Area attacks only affect heroes in the green attack arcs.  Hero attacks made from within the boss's weak red arcs add an extra black die to their damage.

36 minutes ago, MechMage said:

If a boss behavior has a circular closest icon or skull aggro icon, the boss turns to face the closet hero or the hero with the aggro token before moving or attacking.  Area attacks only affect heroes in the green attack arcs.  Hero attacks made from within the boss's weak red arcs add an extra black die to their damage.

Yea, we definitely did it wrong. How do you know if it's an area attack or targeted attack, or are all boss attacks against all players if they're in the green arc and the circle or skull only orients the boss to a facing direction?

Normal arcs and weak arcs are both "safe" zones?

49 minutes ago, squirtis said:

Yea, we definitely did it wrong. How do you know if it's an area attack or targeted attack, or are all boss attacks against all players if they're in the green arc and the circle or skull only orients the boss to a facing direction?

Normal arcs and weak arcs are both "safe" zones?

Area attacks have the area icon on them (which is buried in the boss attacks example on pg 29). If there is no area icon it targets the aggro or nearest player according to the target icon as normal. Only green arcs are hit in area attacks but 'normal' attacks have no green arcs and so can hit through any arc though there is at least one card which has a green arc and no area icon which has caused some debate in this thread

7 hours ago, Bob Hambleton said:

Area attacks have the area icon on them (which is buried in the boss attacks example on pg 29). If there is no area icon it targets the aggro or nearest player according to the target icon as normal. Only green arcs are hit in area attacks but 'normal' attacks have no green arcs and so can hit through any arc though there is at least one card which has a green arc and no area icon which has caused some debate in this thread

Thanks for your response. I'm not entirely sure I understand but I will go back to the rulebook today to look at examples, or check a play through videos, which I believe I may have been watching yours. When I looked up arcs in the rulebook it didn't say much but I wasn't on the behavior examples page on 29. We were so tired after 3 hours getting there we didn't care what the boss did, hahah.

Thanks

On 10.7.2017 at 6:01 AM, squirtis said:

Thanks

Please read through the following sections in the FAQ: "Enemy Activations" and especially "Enemy Movement" below that one, this should help! :)

25 minutes ago, Replect said:

Please read through the following sections in the FAQ: "Enemy Activations" and especially "Enemy Movement" below that one, this should help! :)

Thanks, i was reading that today at work. It does clear up some things. I should be turning the boss so his front arc faces target players.

My only question here is, and this may apply to regular enemies, if they have a push with 2 movement towards the target, and their target is one space away, do they push that target and then potentially change direction to push the same target again for their second move? or do they stop once they reach the target the first time? or do they continue through maintaining the same trajectory and essentially move past the pushed player (unless the player moved themselves directly in the line of the enemy again)?

4 hours ago, squirtis said:

... I should be turning the boss so his front arc faces target players.

My only question here is, and this may apply to regular enemies, if they have a push with 2 movement towards the target, and their target is one space away, do they push that target and then potentially change direction to push the same target again for their second move? or do they stop once they reach the target the first time? or do they continue through maintaining the same trajectory and essentially move past the pushed player (unless the player moved themselves directly in the line of the enemy again)?

Actually, turn the boss so it will face an adjacent node that is closer to the targeted player.

The Rules state:

When a boss moves towards a character, turn the boss so the centre of its front arc faces an adjacent node that is closer to the character. The boss then moves forward onto that node.

And regular enemies have no direction. When you execute their activation (the behavior icons on their card), each behavior icon has a target icon (either nearest character or aggro character). You determine the target at the begin of the behavior icon, but not again during the single movement steps. Rules say:

When an enemy model is moving towards another model, it will stop moving when it is on the same node as its target.

So if the movement has no push icon, the enemy will move towards that targeted character until he reaches him (or has move the amount of nodes as stated on the behavior icon).

If the movement has push, the enemy will push all characters from the node he moves onto (see Pushing p. 21 in the rules, maybe including an attack). The enemy might move further, if movement not completed yet. But it will pursuit that character, that was determined as target in first step of this behavior icon.

See also the linked FAQ, section "ENEMY ACTIVATIONS". 
I'm no pro, but that's how I understood it and is consistent to the rules and the FAQ.

3 hours ago, Thinkpositiv said:

Actually, turn the boss so it will face an adjacent node that is closer to the targeted player.

The Rules state:

When a boss moves towards a character, turn the boss so the centre of its front arc faces an adjacent node that is closer to the character. The boss then moves forward onto that node.

And regular enemies have no direction. When you execute their activation (the behavior icons on their card), each behavior icon has a target icon (either nearest character or aggro character). You determine the target at the begin of the behavior icon, but not again during the single movement steps. Rules say:

When an enemy model is moving towards another model, it will stop moving when it is on the same node as its target.

So if the movement has no push icon, the enemy will move towards that targeted character until he reaches him (or has move the amount of nodes as stated on the behavior icon).

If the movement has push, the enemy will push all characters from the node he moves onto (see Pushing p. 21 in the rules, maybe including an attack). The enemy might move further, if movement not completed yet. But it will pursuit that character, that was determined as target in first step of this behavior icon.

See also the linked FAQ, section "ENEMY ACTIVATIONS". 
I'm no pro, but that's how I understood it and is consistent to the rules and the FAQ.

I guess the only distinction there is so the boss doesn't end up facing a direction that isn't correctly bisecting the nodes for his arcs. And the way im reading your explanation to my second question is yes the movement can change direction if the target changes direction when the player chooses their first push location.

Thanks

On 11.7.2017 at 8:18 AM, squirtis said:

Thanks, i was reading that today at work. It does clear up some things. I should be turning the boss so his front arc faces target players.

If you read it carefully (or set up a fitting test scenario on go through it step by step, there shouldn't be any things to be cleared regarding enemy movement! ;)

On 11.7.2017 at 8:18 AM, squirtis said:

As said, if you follow the related FAQ - Enemy Movement section step by step, you get the answer. Let me copy it for now:

Moving towards "nearest" or "aggro":

1. If the movement is towards the "nearest," determine who that is (it will not change during movement)
  2. If the movement has Push, Push characters off the node the enemy is on (if push includes an attack, the attack will not trigger!)
  3. If the enemy is a boss and the movement is towards "nearest" or "aggro," turn the boss so the centre of its front arc faces an adjacent node that is closer to that character (you are now done if it is a 0 distance move)
  4. Move the boss onto the node directly in front of it or the non-boss enemy one node closer to "nearest" or "aggro" as appropriate
  5. If the movement has Push, Push characters off the node the enemy is on (you are now done if it is a 1 distance move) (if push includes an attack, the attack will trigger and attacks all pushed characters)
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for 2 distance or longer moves

Additional movement towards "nearest" or "aggro" information:

• If the movement has no Push (including Push triggered by Node Model Limit) and the enemy is on the node of its target ("nearest" or "aggro"), the movement ends.

So, in your case you do step 1 (and based on your example the target is one node away). Considering there is no other character on the same node as the enemy, step 2 won't do anything. Do step 3 as described if enemy is a boss (or nothing in regards to non-bosses) and move on to step 4 as described. Since the enemy does push, push character as described in step 5 and since he has movement of 2 as of your example, repeat steps 3-5 as described in step 6.

As said, the movement summaries should cover any movement scenario you can think of, followed step by step. :)

Successful Attack?

So when i use Kukris, they only do Bleeding against an enemy, but is a weapon that got bleeding by an upgrade the same?

Because the rules say, that it causes bleeding if the attack was successful and in the FAQ it is stated Rulebook > Cards. 

So what is an Successful attack?

Does it mean just attack someone or also deal some damage? If so then the Kukri and other only Status-giving Weapons would be an exception to that rule in the rulebook.