Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@DC

Since I've this in the FAQ after our summary conversation:

"5. If the movement has Push, Push models off the node the enemy is on"

If the enemy pushes, it will never push other enemies, only characters, right? If so, are there any items that provide movement push to the characters? Otherwise I should change that neutral model to character or people will misunderstand it I guess... What do you think? :)

Oh, and since it has been a while since I've said it... I hope you know, but thank you for all the support, much appreciated! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe being dumb, but can I just double check this particular attack:

Ialz2h9.jpg

It's an area one, so every node at range 0-1 is hit for 5 yes? The red just indicates the weak spot for attacking it? 

And it's movement us just 2 forward from where it last was, and it dies this twice, yeah? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct. 

But the range 0-1 only affects nodes within the green ares of the arcs. 

And dont forget the 180° turn after the move. 

After the attack, repeat the card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Goseki said:

Maybe being dumb, but can I just double check this particular attack:

Ialz2h9.jpg

It's an area one, so every node at range 0-1 is hit for 5 yes? The red just indicates the weak spot for attacking it? 

And it's movement us just 2 forward from where it last was, and it dies this twice, yeah? 

1. It moves forward twice onto the adjacent node in the center of its front arc (if there is one and not blocked by chest or such, then it wouldn't move),  pushing any character on its way to an adjacent node in the same arc, without turning

2. It turns 180°

3. It attacks any adjacent node (because range 1) but the single node in the center of its back arc, since all others are at least on the line to be in one of the other 3 attacked arcs. In theory also those in his node but the back arc, but impossible that anyone could be there at that moment.

4. Repeat 1-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Replect said:

@DC

Since I've this in the FAQ after our summary conversation:

"5. If the movement has Push, Push models off the node the enemy is on"

If the enemy pushes, it will never push other enemies, only characters, right? If so, are there any items that provide movement push to the characters? Otherwise I should change that neutral model to character or people will misunderstand it I guess... What do you think? :)

Oh, and since it has been a while since I've said it... I hope you know, but thank you for all the support, much appreciated! :)

Correct. Outside of "node limits" for models on a node, models friendly to each other do not push each other around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DC

Campaign mode - Section 1

"* The party receives the Gargoyles’ treasure only if they defeat two Gargoyle boss encounters back-to-back. If they are defeated by the second Gargoyle, they must fight both Gargoyles after making their way back to the Fog Gate."

Does the party regenerate health/stamina or will those be transported into the second Gargoyle fight?

Will the party enter the tile like it's a new encounter or will all keep their position and the next Gargoyle spawns on the boss node or something like that with a fresh behavior deck without ever leaving the encounter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regain Health and Stamina normally.

Reenter the encounter normally.

It's still 2 encounters. You just have to face double Gargoyles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DC said:

Regain Health and Stamina normally.

Reenter the encounter normally.

It's still 2 encounters. You just have to face double Gargoyles.

Okay... I did it the hard way, though Soulstream together with the Gargoyles limited moveset made it very easy to kite him around until he was dead.

Now, again campaign mode: Is 5 Sparks the maximum (solo) in general or only if I purchase additional? Basically, what if I defeat a boss but already have 5 sparks? If I earn one, how am I meant to keep track of it considering that the dial only goes up to 5...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Question on poison/ bleed effects on multiple attacks. If I upgrade avelyn with a poison token and then attack do I do 3 separate poison hits (therefore 3 tokens) or just one poison. Same question for a bleed effect - would i hit once for bleed then have bleed damage then another bleed effect, or just hit 3 times with a bleed token at the end? Sorry if that is as clear as mud... thanks for all your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Replect said:

Okay... I did it the hard way, though Soulstream together with the Gargoyles limited moveset made it very easy to kite him around until he was dead.

Now, again campaign mode: Is 5 Sparks the maximum (solo) in general or only if I purchase additional? Basically, what if I defeat a boss but already have 5 sparks? If I earn one, how am I meant to keep track of it considering that the dial only goes up to 10...

I believe the dial has max limit, which is whatever it started at. So in essence if you began with 5, you could rest twice & then spend souls to refill your sparks back up to 5 but no higher. 

I apologize that i cannot leave a reliable source as I cannot remember where I heard or read this information. 

I'm sure DC will enlighten us unkindled eventually ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alcarohtare said:

Hi everyone! Question on poison/ bleed effects on multiple attacks. If I upgrade avelyn with a poison token and then attack do I do 3 separate poison hits (therefore 3 tokens) or just one poison. Same question for a bleed effect - would i hit once for bleed then have bleed damage then another bleed effect, or just hit 3 times with a bleed token at the end? Sorry if that is as clear as mud... thanks for all your help!

You can't have multiples of any given status effect at once, so only one Poison token.

I'm not sure about the exact item you're inquiring about, but Bleed is removed as soon as it deals its damage. If the weapon applies Bleed when it hits, you'd replace the Bleed token each time you hit. So, you'd hit, deal damage (+ Bleed damage if they have Bleed already), then reapply Bleed again.

If they have Bleed and Poison at the end of the round they would take the Poison damage plus the Bleed bonus then both would go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alcarohtare said:

Hi everyone! Question on poison/ bleed effects on multiple attacks. If I upgrade avelyn with a poison token and then attack do I do 3 separate poison hits (therefore 3 tokens) or just one poison. Same question for a bleed effect - would i hit once for bleed then have bleed damage then another bleed effect, or just hit 3 times with a bleed token at the end? Sorry if that is as clear as mud... thanks for all your help!

That's a really interesting idea! 

I would guess that provided you inflict damage it would cause an extra 2 as per usual & reapply the bleed. Provided you get lucky and cause damage each shot I presume the the effect will keep happening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough: If one dies, does the other one only regain health he probably lost throughout the fight or could he exceed the initial base health?

Also, the comment about where they spawn is only for the initial setup, right? It doesn't mean that after heat up the lonely boss now spawns again on that boss node, does it? Not sure since the sentence comes after the heat up description... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hornet Ring and its "Your attacks gain 1x [orange dice] - 2" for example. I never questioned it, but someone broad it up somewhere and now I feel like making sure it is how I thinkt it is:

The - 2 is not linked to the [orange dice] from the Hornet Ring, right?

So, if I roll a total of 4 with my normal attack dice and only a 1 with the additional [orange dice] from the Hornet Ring, I don't sustract the - 2 only from the [orange dice] result, which would mean I still have a total of 4, it actually will be substracted from the total number of 5 (4+1) in this case, total of 3 so to speak, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 5:52 PM, Flak said:

I believe the dial has max limit, which is whatever it started at. So in essence if you began with 5, you could rest twice & then spend souls to refill your sparks back up to 5 but no higher. 

I apologize that i cannot leave a reliable source as I cannot remember where I heard or read this information. 

I'm sure DC will enlighten us unkindled eventually ;) 

 

You do not gain above the max.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:58 PM, Flak said:

That's a really interesting idea! 

I would guess that provided you inflict damage it would cause an extra 2 as per usual & reapply the bleed. Provided you get lucky and cause damage each shot I presume the the effect will keep happening.

 

Correct.

On 5/7/2017 at 5:07 AM, Replect said:

Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough: If one dies, does the other one only regain health he probably lost throughout the fight or could he exceed the initial base health?

Also, the comment about where they spawn is only for the initial setup, right? It doesn't mean that after heat up the lonely boss now spawns again on that boss node, does it? Not sure since the sentence comes after the heat up description... :)

The max is the max.

No, they do not re-spawn during heat up.

2 hours ago, Replect said:

The Hornet Ring and its "Your attacks gain 1x [orange dice] - 2" for example. I never questioned it, but someone broad it up somewhere and now I feel like making sure it is how I thinkt it is:

The - 2 is not linked to the [orange dice] from the Hornet Ring, right?

So, if I roll a total of 4 with my normal attack dice and only a 1 with the additional [orange dice] from the Hornet Ring, I don't sustract the - 2 only from the [orange dice] result, which would mean I still have a total of 4, it actually will be substracted from the total number of 5 (4+1) in this case, total of 3 so to speak, right?

Any roll modifiers are cumulative. It doesn't matter what is rolled on particular dice within the roll.

(Consider a 2Black-1 weapon with +1Black from a gem. There would be some really weird/annoying tracking if we separated it out that way. You just throw the three dice, add 'em up, and subtract 1.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a Large Hollow Soldier has the Frostbite condition, does it do any damage? It pushes characters at the start of its movement, then moves 0 and deals 5 damage for each of the zero nodes it moved.

 

In other words, can I stab one with an Irithyll Rapier for six turns until it dies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robyrt said:

When a Large Hollow Soldier has the Frostbite condition, does it do any damage? It pushes characters at the start of its movement, then moves 0 and deals 5 damage for each of the zero nodes it moved.

 

In other words, can I stab one with an Irithyll Rapier for six turns until it dies?

Yes. Yes, you can... you monster. ;)

(Assuming, of course, no other enemies kill you while you whittle him away with your sword of frosty goodness.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.5.2017 at 2:12 PM, Replect said:

1. It moves forward twice onto the adjacent node in the center of its front arc (if there is one and not blocked by chest or such, then it wouldn't move),  pushing any character on its way to an adjacent node in the same arc, without turning

2. It turns 180°

3. It attacks any adjacent node (because range 1) but the single node in the center of its back arc, since all others are at least on the line to be in one of the other 3 attacked arcs. In theory also those in his node but the back arc, but impossible that anyone could be there at that moment.

4. Repeat 1-3

But I repeat it twice. Once for the ability on itself and then repeat twice because of the repeat symbol.

Altogether she makes this attack three times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ElToupe said:

But I repeat it twice. Once for the ability on itself and then repeat twice because of the repeat symbol.

Altogether she makes this attack three times.

If the "repeat icon" shows a 2, it means in total 2, not 1 general + 2 on top...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I start an Encounter and I need to place three enemies on a single node, which is at the entrance, can I put my hero on this node?
Therefore, before the first activation happens, I would have to move an opponent away from the node.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElToupe No, only basic nodes can be entry nodes: "All basic nodes that are adjacent to doorways are entry nodes..." You can never place a character on spawn or terrain nodes at the beginning of an encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something I found myself scratching my head at. When duel wielding two swords or suppose you've got a shield that can doe damage, can you attack with one weapon, then move and then attack again with the other, or have both got to be used at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×