10 minutes ago, Dracleen said:

@Replect @Ashraam

Thanks for the answers.

This would mean i could use as many Stamina as i want, without dying and after that use the Estus to completly heal. Using the Estus before would be meaningless then?

About the Winged Knight: Its hard to follow in the Yogcast Stream because they are talking all at once ^^. Its at 02:45:00 on Youtube

I don't know that it would be meaningless, but it certainly makes sense to go through your activation first before using it. The exception being if you wanted to use a large Stamina attack, but don't have enough health/stamina remaining to do so without using Estus first.  :)

52 minutes ago, Dracleen said:

@Replect @Ashraam

Thanks for the answers.

This would mean i could use as many Stamina as i want, without dying and after that use the Estus to completly heal. Using the Estus before would be meaningless then?

You probably don't mean it, but you can't use as many Stamina as you want. If you use Stamina to the point that there is no free spot on the endurance bar left, you died! Using it after that is too late... If you make sure you use only as many Stamina until at least one spot is still free on the endurance bar, then you can use the Estus Flask afterwards.

52 minutes ago, Dracleen said:

About the Winged Knight: Its hard to follow in the Yogcast Stream because they are talking all at once ^^. Its at 02:45:00 on Youtube

I'll have a look and see if I figure it out (if someone else with the actual card can't help out in the meantime...)

EDIT: After listening to the stream again I think Alex actually says "that special rule is if you block 3", which means you have to use 1 stamina if you get attacked for 3+ damage and reduce that base attack by 3+. Example: Winged Knight attacks you for 6 damage, you roll a 4 to block, which means you only take 2 damage (6-4=2), but have to use 1 stamina too, since you blocked 4 damage. If you would have only rolled a 2 to block, you would take 4 damage (6-2=4), but would not have to use 1 stamina, since you only blocked 2 damage. Okay? :)

On 1/16/2017 at 6:34 AM, Replect said:

Also, potential weapons in your backpack slot stating they can be used in the backpack slot, can also be used to attack with once as they overrule the "in your hands" rule.

What weapons are usable from the backpack slot?

13 minutes ago, scifidownbeat said:

What weapons are usable from the backpack slot?

Weapons stating they can be used in the backpack slot!? :lol:

No, I think you want an example, but I don't have any right now, but I remember that I've seen a picture of a weapon that states that it can be used while having it equipped in the backup slot. If I find it again, I let you know! :)

Just now, Replect said:

Weapons stating they can be used in the backpack slot!? :lol:

No, I think you want an example, but I don't have any right now, but I remember that I've seen a picture of a weapon that states that it can be used while having it equipped in the backup slot. If I find it again, I let you know! :)

I ask because at first glance that sounds horribly overpowered :blink:

3 minutes ago, scifidownbeat said:

ah okay, thank you. My next question is why the Caestus requires 15 INT to wield, but I'm not sure you'll be able to answer that one :huh:

Not sure what you mean, but probably that response from @DC in another thread is what answers your question:

Stat requirements are an aspect of the game where we chose to go a bit "off book" from the video game. It was apparent from the very beginning of development that the game simply wouldn't work very well if nearly every weapon and armour set required Strength and character builds around Faith, for example, were super niche.

So we developed a divergent system where certain types of weapons and effects were loosely associated with certain stats instead.

The great hammer weapon class, for example, will still typically be mostly (or all) Strength, but you'll now typically want some Intelligence for bows, some Faith for spears, etc.

In this case, "utility spells" are typically Intelligence-based items in contrast to "recovery spells" being Faith-based and "damage spells" being either (or both) stats.

Sure, I'm well aware that changes needed to be made so no one stat would be unbalanced. But as a fan of the video games, from a lore perspective, I think it's rather funny that you'd need intelligence to wield the Caestus :P

(I'm not complaining or asking questions, just making a comment)

@DC@alxndrhll

So, I ask this question because I feel overpowered (or just lucky! :D) in this situation (knowing the following 4 cards are without any target in this case), but based on all what we clarified, any of these routes are valid for me to choose for the boss? (He has movement of 2 towards the nearest character if you can't see it properly)

Want to be sure here, because in @DC's summary he was using this:

- Turn the boss to face the "nearest" or "aggro" if the move has that icon

Which I've changed to:

- Turn the boss so the centre of its front arc faces an adjacent node that is closer to that model

For the first, it sounds like I have to take Route 4, while the latter sounds like all are valid.

(The "Facing X" comment on the picutre is the direction he would face after the movement...)

EDIT: I have updated the picture with all valid routes, instead of only a couple of these.

The Winged Knight ability is

Heavy Blows - When a character rolls 3 or higher on a block roll against the Winged Knight, place 1 stamina cube on their endurance bar.

14 minutes ago, Replect said:

@DC@alxndrhll

@DCSo, I ask this question because I feel overpowered doing that (knowing the following 4 cards are without any target in this case), but based on all what we clarified, any of these routes are valid for me to choose for the boss? (He has movement of 2 towards the nearest character if you can't see it properly)

The 3 are legal ways to move the Dancer.

There's also

4 - on the node between 1 and 2 facing W

5 - on the node between 1 and 2 facing NW

6 - on the node between 2 and 3 facing N

7 - on the node between 2 and 3 facing NW

1 hour ago, DC said:

The 3 are legal ways to move the Dancer.

There's also

4 - on the node between 1 and 2 facing W

5 - on the node between 1 and 2 facing NW

6 - on the node between 2 and 3 facing W

7 - on the node between 2 and 3 facing NW

Okay, perfect! As expected, but that "Turn the boss to face the "nearest" or "aggro" if the move has that icon" gave me that uncomfortable feeling for a moment. Even better then that I've changed it to the other version.

Also the other routes (4-7), I'm aware of, didn't want to clutter the picture though, but still, thank you for pointing it out! Thinking about it I probably should have added the other routes too, so anyone not so comfortable about it can see it if he stumbles upon it.

EDIT: Okay, I've updated the picture above with all valid routes, instead of only a couple of those.

Question 1: Any update on the effect of "Hornet Ring" (Your attacks gain 2 [orange] dice -2) on weapons like "Kukris" ('Bleed') , "Poison Mist" ('Poison') or "Force" ('Push') or probably even on weapons like "Carthus Curved Sword" or "Lucerne" and it's [0] 'Move 2' (only) attack (if it is considered to be an attack)?

Question 2: The "Firebombs" attacks anyone on a node within range 1 with magical damage for 3 [black] dice and pushes. Will enemies still get pushed here (or in similiar situations with other weapons probably) if I would get unlucky and roll 3 blanks?

Question 3: The "Sunlight Straight Sword" has a range of 0: Is that relevant for the last option "[0] '1 [black] dice for block/resist' Party bonus during the next enemy activation" or does it not matter where characters are on the tile (basically infinite range)? And related to Question 1, would it get the bonus of "Hornet Ring", so I could basically do an attack with the 2 [orange] dice -2 + the Party bonus for the enemy activation (if it is considered to be an attack)...

Question 4: Kind of the result of the previous questions, I'm wondering if there is a good explanation that can be used to determine if a items' option is considered to be an 'attack' to figure out if certain bonus/effect will be applied!

In general I hope there is a general rule/explanation for these which can be used to figure out any of such situations that down the road could arise! :)

Good timing. Had a call with Alex a little bit ago and ensured we were on the same page. :P

Question 1 - Modifiers to die rolls... modify die rolls. If a weapon ability does not have a die roll (such as healing, a move, a push, a condition, etc.), then you do not apply modifiers to its damage. You just apply the listed effect.

Question 2 - Yup, this is just like your character will get pushed if you block/resist the full damage from an enemy. The enemy resisted your firebombs, but he was still hit.

Question 3 - "All characters" means all characters. Compare to Replenishment, which says "All characters within range." Not surprisingly, that one only affects all characters within range. ;)

Question 4 - An "attack" lists dice you roll against an enemy's block/resist.

That was quick, thank you!

So, all makes sense, just odd that bleed, poison and such effects are not considered to be attacks. But anyway, I see where you are coming from considering the answer to question 1!

Thanks again, something else to add to the FAQ! :)

Okay, added in FAQ:

Modifiers to weapon's attacks

If a weapon ability does not have a die roll (such as healing, a move, a push, a condition, etc.), then you do not apply modifiers to its damage. You just apply the listed effect.

and

Wording 'Attack'

An "attack" lists dice you roll against an enemy's block/resist.

Thanks again! :)

I have a question that came up as I was watching a streamer play this game.  He interpreted this rule from page 19: "Once the party has entered an encounter, it cannot leave the encounter until either the party or the encounter is defeated" to mean he could still backtrack to tiles that have encounter cards face up.  That would be more like the video game, but I'm not sure if the wording here should have said something like "Once the party has entered an encounter TILE, it cannot leave the encounter TILE...etc".  Which way is correct or intended?  How much would it break the game if you could run back through previous tiles that were defeated? 

That one is in the FAQ :)

ENCOUNTERS

The encounter takes place on the single tile (or multiple tiles for main/mega-bosses) they spawn on, you cannot leave this tile during the encounter.

@DC @alxndrhll

About pushes and bosses I'm a bit confused (again) and I'm not sure which of these versions is correct, mainly about pushes as part of an attack:

Same for all Versions:

• If a non-boss pushes you as part of movement, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node.
  • If a boss pushes you as part of movement, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node in the same arc.
  • If a boss push forces you to remain in the same arc, but there are no available nodes in that arc due to the tile’s wall, you can move to any adjacent node touching the wall instead.

Additionally:

Version 1 (Which I thought is correct until now)

• If an enemy pushes you as part of an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node farther from the attacker.

Version 2

• If an non-boss pushes you as part of an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node farther from the attacker.
  • If a boss pushes you as part of an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node in the same arc, farther from the attacker.

Version 3

• If an non-boss pushes you as part of an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node farther from the attacker.
  • If a boss pushes you as part of an attack (at Range 0), you will be pushed onto an adjacent node in the same arc, farther from the attacker.

My confusing comes from the main part that mentions the "in the same arc" requirement in relation to "pushes":

"When a character moves off of a boss’s node or is pushed off of a boss’s node, the character must remain in the same arc."

The sentence only talks about "pushes off of a boss's node", which I took as pushes as part of movement, but it probably (and I guess it does) also includes pushes as part of an attack at Range 0?

Pushes as part of an attack at Range 1+ don't force me to remain in the same arc specifially, but looking at it I guess it's actually impossible to end up on a node in another arc with pushes at Range 1+, apart from corner/wall situations...

I have an idea what the answer will be, but.... Help? :D

I'd probably organize a push summary like this:

Push (Standard Enemies):

• If a non-boss enemy pushes you as part of movement, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node.
  • If a non-boss enemy pushes you as part of an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node farther from the attacker.

Push (Bosses):

• If a boss pushes you off of its node as part of movement or an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node in the same arc. (If there are no eligible nodes due to the tile’s wall, you are pushed to any adjacent node touching the wall instead).
  • If a boss pushes you off of any other node as part of an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node farther from the attacker.

-----

The only exception for bosses is that when you move into or out of their node, you stay in the arc you were in before moving.

EDIT - Yes, I realize I've left the case of "bosses moving onto a node they don't move onto" off the list. That's better left to the philosophers, anyway. I'm just a games developer, after all.

@DC @alxndrhll

Berserk Charge and the free range 0 attack, does that count for a range 0 attack with any weapon or does the weapon has to be range 0? Basically, can I use the Zweihander (range 1 weapon) as long as I only will use it from range 0?

Maybe iam interfering, but my interpretation is you can handle any weapon for range 0 attacks only as long as there is no "Shaft Icon" (Weapons with the Shaft icon cannot be used against targets at Range 0).

If I attack an enemy with a bleed token on it, while my attack beside a dice attack adds bleed. The bleed token on the enemy will trigger assuming I make any damage, it will be removed and then after that the bleed on my weapon triggers, so I can place the bleed token again right away, correct?

1 hour ago, Replect said:

If I attack an enemy with a bleed token on it, while my attack beside a dice attack adds bleed. The bleed token on the enemy will trigger assuming I make any damage, it will me removed and then after that the bleed on my weapon triggers, so I can place the bleed token again right away, correct?

Correct.