WASandD

How've you been doing in S3?

I think he meant missing kraken as in when not played rather than missing his season 2 version. The >> on 2 is a great change. 

But I can see missing him. I usually do when not playing him. 

Season 3 has been going well for my fish, but I haven't played much or against tough competition. I tried playing part of a shadowboxing type (self vs self) game against masons since they always give me issues. I will have to try again because Masons had a clear advantage throughout. 

With a tournament in just over a week I'm curious about what to watch out for. I've only played one game against butchers that I lost, but Alchs seem to be a problem for me because of condition bleed outs.

edit: I played fish against hunters, alchs, and butchers only. I've not seen any of the other guilds aside from a kick-off brewers vs masons bout.

Edited by Akodo Harid
More information

I would say we got a buff in s3.

Mainly that piece of MOM you get for loosing initiative and tap in is what does it for me. But i also mainly play Shark yet, and he is all about them goals.

We didn't see a lot of changes, but it feels like the small tweaks to the main rules pushed us up a notch.  In contrast to factions that got inguild balances, such as boar buff and Fillet nerf or obulus nerf and Cosset buff.

Played my first morts game last night and it was grueling. Corsair vs Obulus and it ended 12 to 3 their way. Obulus is hard to pin down and the opponent hung onto obstructions to keep from being Corsair pulled.

I feel like I should have hung back since they were hugging the ball and waited for them to come to me. But I'm open to tips.

Anyway, the line up was; Obulus, Graves, Cosset, A+G, Dirge, Ghast vs Corsair, Kraken, Gutter, Greyscales, oSiren, Tentacles.

Any tips for a possible rematch?

A few days prior I had played Esters for the first time. We had to call the game for time as my opponent was scheduled to play someone else, but it ended 8-8. Both of us would have won if we hadn't whiffed goal shots, Me with Salt and him with Friday.

Edited by Akodo Harid
Forgot to mention my brewers game

10 hours ago, Akodo Harid said:

Played my first morts game last night and it was grueling. Corsair vs Obulus and it ended 12 to 3 their way. Obulus is hard to pin down and the opponent hung onto obstructions to keep from being Corsair pulled.

I feel like I should have hung back since they were hugging the ball and waited for them to come to me. But I'm open to tips.

Anyway, the line up was; Obulus, Graves, Cosset, A+G, Dirge, Ghast vs Corsair, Kraken, Gutter, Greyscales, oSiren, Tentacles.

Any tips for a possible rematch?

A few days prior I had played Esters for the first time. We had to call the game for time as my opponent was scheduled to play someone else, but it ended 8-8. Both of us would have won if we hadn't whiffed goal shots, Me with Salt and him with Friday.

i'd probably swap oSiren out. shes not that good against morts imo, since corsair has rough seas anyway and shes super inf greedy when you're already playing a low inf team (due to kraken). at minimum she needs 2 to get anything done (chance to momentous seduce on the charge, only reliable against low def low arm players) but if thats not possible she can't do her major job until she has 3. super eh.

vSiren gets work done with any amount of inf you give her. way higher recommend. Other than that your team seems fine. your main way to pin obulus down is to threaten to go b2b with him with any of your many 2" reach models, or use greyscales. remember that dodges don't trigger UM, so scales can get in on him. if hes holding the ball you should be fine to get it off him with all the tools you have access to, otherwise just wait for a chance to drag him. 

don't forget to rough seas anyone holding the ball within 12 of corsair, its pretty annoying, even if their team is in a big group hug (which corsair likes)

vSiren going first against a target set up previously is great when she can generate ungodly amounts of momentum and set up her aura. otherwise shes a solid striker or damage dealer