CaptainCon is very please to have a full weekend of Guildball for the second time. Warwick RI @ the Crown Plaze hotel - 3-5 February..

No tickets are needed to play anything. Your badge get you into any tournament. Casual play (Captain's Log) runs around the clock.

We hope to see some Guildball models in to painting contest too.

http://captaincon.com/2017-events-schedule/

Friday 1100 – Guild Ball “Kickoff” Tournament (16 player max)

·         Kick-Off your weekend with a friendly tournament

·         It’s not over, until it’s over, Play to the final whistle (12 VPs), Team Tactics (45 Minute Deathclock), Strength in depth, Hide the team sheet

Friday 2100 – Guild Ball “Fast & Furious” Tournament (16 player max)

·         Fast and Furious games of Guild Ball keeping you on your toes into the wee hours of the morning

·         It’s Not Over Until It’s Over, Quick and Dirty, Playing on Instinct, The First Team

Saturday 0900– Guild Ball “CaptainCup Qualifiers (28 player max)

·         This will be a two heat event where the top 4 from each event will qualify for the CaptainCon Cup Guild Ball Masters event

·         It’s not over til it’s over, Play to the final whistle, Team Tactics, Strength in Depth, Hide the Team Sheet

2100 – Guild Ball “Brewer’s Invitational” (16 player max)

• This event will use the standard Pre-Season Friendly rules
  • This event will be ByoB but you can share!  Each time you finish a TO approved beverage you are allowed to place the empty beverage receptacle on the pitch as a piece of terrain (obstruction) not within 3″ of another piece of terrain. If any issue arises while attempting placement on the pitch TO may intervene.

Sunday 0900 – Guild Ball “CaptainCon Cup Finals” (8 qualified players)

·         8 Player Masters Style Event based on seeding from Saturday Qualifying heats

·         It’s not over til it’s over, Play to the final whistle, Team Tactics, Strength in Depth, Hide the Team Sheet

0900 – Guild Ball Captain my Captain Tournament (16 players)

• 9am registration,10am start
  • Capped at 4, 100 minute rounds (so as to finish before it’s time to break down)
  • This tournament will use standard Captain my Captain rules from the ‘Mob Football Association Document’.
    • 1 [Mascot] and 4 Team Member models from a single Guild.
    • At the start of each game, each player is given a random captain model that becomes the guild that is affiliated with your players.
    • This event needs a large number of Captains, so if players can bring their own it would help this event run smoothly.
    • CaptainCon special: If a player rolls a captain from their Guild they will be given Avarisee and Greede as their captain. If that player is using Union, they will be given Seenah as their captain.

19 hours ago, Devilsquid said:

I can vouch for this being a good time, and am heading to CC for games and to run an event. 

Folks should consider it a good opportunity.

I'll see you there.  Which event are you running?

Sweet I'll have to sign up for the kick off tournament now that there's room.

This is going to be the first time I will have played in a large tournament so I'm looking forward to it. My local pundit is also Gunna be helping to host. So I'm also looking forward to that as well.

Is this not in the event forum because it's an official tournament/a nationals qualifier? 

Sorry, still pretty new to the forums and want to know if I should be looking in here for qualifier tournaments.

17 hours ago, Devilsquid said:

Glad to hear it!

Make sure to get some practice games in with a clock going, as it changes the dynamic a lot. 

Ive been pretty good about making quick decisions so far. Problem is I keep forgetting to hit the clock when I'm done. :P

6 hours ago, WASandD said:

Is this not in the event forum because it's an official tournament/a nationals qualifier? 

Sorry, still pretty new to the forums and want to know if I should be looking in here for qualifier tournaments.

There is a version listed in the US events forum, but it's been there for a while as it was posted early in the planning process.

This, I think, exists more because this is a larger scale convention beyond just a single event and officially supported.  It hoped to raise awareness that the Con is coming soon, and get people talking about it.  The multi-day convention events tend to pop up in multiple places.

As far as US Nationals, the convention is not a qualifier at this point, though our lead pundit is looking into that possibility now that the qualifier information is out there.

5 minutes ago, lonelymonk said:

which one of you consider the main event?

CaptainCon Cup on Sunday is the regional qualifier

so you have to play Saturday and get top 4 to make it into Sunday?

yes, 

Saturday 0900– Guild Ball “CaptainCup Qualifiers (28 player max)

·         This will be a two heat event where the top 4 from each event will qualify for the CaptainCon Cup Guild Ball Masters event

WHO RUNS BARTERTOWN?!?!?

Thank you everyone, pundits and players, for a great weekend of competition and companionship. I personally had a blast, and I hope all of you did as well. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again soon!