Napoleon

The ultimate showdown - do you take A&G or Gutter?

Without a doubt the hardest roster decision fish have imo. Which do you take and why? Right now i personally lean towards Gutter but i don't have enough A&G games under my belt yet

26 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Without a doubt the hardest roster decision fish have imo. Which do you take and why? Right now i personally lean towards Gutter but i don't have enough A&G games under my belt yet

Depends under which Captain, I still think S3 Gutter has a place with Corsair, A&G Is good with both but Shark Is good as Pure.

I'm in the A&G camp right now. Unless you're catching multiple players in scything blows they do more damage than Gutter at all defensive values and TAC bonuses. They also have that fun versatility from weird ball plays, and get around unpredictable movement just about as easily.

The only reason I'd take Gutter personally is for chain grabs and scythes in a Corsair list. That would worry me in a 9 man roster though, that the Shark list may not get enough damage from her.

6 hours ago, Greed said:

Nay neither.

I don't want to mingle the pure fishes with the Union scum, lest their ways get tainted by them.

The irony is thick here?

I've played a few games with Corsair so far with A&G.

Im not sure, the results have varied with them so far.

Gutter might be a good option, not sure yet.

I would take Gutter over A&G. In a Sharkteam A&G might be ok, but Fisher have got more than enough goal threats and strikers.
 Corsair needs Gutter as a second DD. Her 1 Mom damage helps to win the damage- and the momentumrace.

Greetings Iceman

27 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I would take Gutter over A&G. In a Sharkteam A&G might be ok, but Fisher have got more than enough goal threats and strikers.
 Corsair needs Gutter as a second DD. Her 1 Mom damage helps to win the damage- and the momentumrace.

Greetings Iceman

Don't forget, Greede is as much of a momentous damage dealer as he is a striker. Avarisse can provide combat utility. They aren't going to be the easiest models to use, but their flexibility is really interesting...

3 hours ago, FearLord said:

Don't forget, Greede is as much of a momentous damage dealer as he is a striker. Avarisse can provide combat utility. They aren't going to be the easiest models to use, but their flexibility is really interesting...

yup, that's why i struggle to pick between them because they both deal good momentous damage and both are capable of wrapping for some serious MP. the point in greede's favour is hes better against single targets and tough hide while gutter has a higher overall damage because of her scything blows but requires more setup than greede requires. 

Buuuut greede doesn't even want to touch the field except to score if you're up against someone like fillet... Not that gutter is going to survive fillet to face, but it requires more resources dedicated

The biggest thing that I find A&G bring is Momentous Singled Out and Momentous KD.

This makes Corsair's Damage potential increase, because it gives him chances to wrap, lowers Defense or it costs them their movement or Momentum.

Gutter can more reliably provide 2 Influence, another long stick and a possible Harpoon into the Death Pit.

6 hours ago, daner0023 said:

The biggest thing that I find A&G bring is Momentous Singled Out and Momentous KD.

This makes Corsair's Damage potential increase, because it gives him chances to wrap, lowers Defense or it costs them their movement or Momentum.

Gutter can more reliably provide 2 Influence, another long stick and a possible Harpoon into the Death Pit.

I tend to very early Corsair activations in a turn, so Singled out (or any real set up buff) has generally been less valuable that just applying crowding out for wraps, so 2" melee has previously been king. I am interested to try A&G though as a flexible model that seems to suit Corsair's flexible strategy, but it remains to be seen if I can get good use out of Greede without over exposing him. Greede might be able to come back from a Take out now, but he's going to struggle to get back into a good position...

I've been debating this for the past few weeks.  I'm LOVING A&G right now, and fear they might be a little too good again (though this time they're actually FUN instead of boring).

A&G - 24" goal threat shinanigans, auto gang-up when they engage someone (if Greede starts b2b to Avarisse), Greede does 1 more damage on wraps than Gutter (4+1 vs Scything Blow+1)

Gutter - 2" reach, Scything Blow (needs to be very careful with positioning, since Corsair teams usually scrum closely), faster movement, more resilient than Greede

At this point I'm finding that having A&G suits my style a little more in both Shark and Corsair lists, and Gutter's slight Scything Blow nerf and Chain Grab nerf dropped her just a tiny bit below A&G.  so I'm probably bringing A&G just for the versatility without sacrificing much in damage or goal threat.

5 hours ago, FearLord said:

I tend to very early Corsair activations in a turn, so Singled out (or any real set up buff) has generally been less valuable that just applying crowding out for wraps, so 2" melee has previously been king. I am interested to try A&G though as a flexible model that seems to suit Corsair's flexible strategy, but it remains to be seen if I can get good use out of Greede without over exposing him. Greede might be able to come back from a Take out now, but he's going to struggle to get back into a good position...

vSiren wants to go first, usually.

Then, A&G, then Corsair.

I have found so far that I have enough control of the game state that I can activate like this, but not always of course.

Greede rarely hits the table though?

14 hours ago, daner0023 said:

Greede rarely hits the table though?

If you don't play against the likes of Fillet, Smoke, or Esters, definitely get Greede out for test run.  He's been so impressive in every game I've played him in Season 3 I can't imagine keeping him attached (plus I lose 1 INF that round).  usually I can hide him B2B behind Avarisse and a gauntlet of 2" reaches from my team, so only the crazy maneuverable ones and AOE people can kill him easily (even then, 5+ is not guaranteed hit)