So what are your thoughts on Bonesaw?

In the couple of games that I have played him he is an auto-include in a scalpel linup combined with the Scalpel's Second Wind.
While he is a great striker he does need some work to get it done.
Anybody used him in an Obulus team?

Cheers and happy holidays in advance :):):) !

Only got one game in his new form, but he seems strong. 

I used him a lot in season 2, turn 1 he does nothing, turn 2 he charges and uses Unexpected Arrival to clear people of my Furious guys, turn 3 he hangs around the centre waiting for the ball. No reason I can't keep playing him in the same way but with the added bonus of Meditation. I think he's going to be suberb

1 hour ago, CurlyPaul said:

I used him a lot in season 2, turn he does nothing, turn 2 he charges and uses Unexpected Arrival to clear people of my Furious guys, turn 3 he hangs around the centre waiting for the ball. No reason I can't keep playing him in the same way but with the added bonus of Meditation. I think he's going to be suberb

Sadly, there is a reason: he has to shoot a goal for him to be def5. Otherwise he'll just evaporate when played centrally.

I played him a couple times with Scalpel. He was able to shoot a goal every game turn 1, but I always received. I think his value decreases when you have to kick.

He is very INF hungry, because he wants to pass, then sprint and use Meditation. However, I think Meditation is crazy good, because even engaed without LOS and several models along the ball path, he can roll 4 dice as long as he uses bonus time (and 2 without bonus time!). This makes him able to use some opportunities no other striker in the game would use.

Greede is a good buddy for bouncing of football dervishes. I like him with A&G generally  because he can score early and preserve the Greede cannon for later on. Having a very reliable two goals is nice to have for Scalpel, and as mentioned above her 2nd wind helps Bonesaw first turn.

I have thought that when you play with him and receive the ball it does make your play very predictable as the reward for scoring with him is greater than anyone else. Not that I have played him in this new guise. I am weaning some new players and beating them with Masons is brutal enough!;)

Bill

15 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

I have thought that when you play with him and receive the ball it does make your play very predictable as the reward for scoring with him is greater than anyone else. Not that I have played him in this new guise. I am weaning some new players and beating them with Masons is brutal enough!;)

Bill

It is indeed predictable (and expensive), but very hard to stop due to 8-12" dodge, 8" run and (above all) Meditation.

12 minutes ago, Commander Vimes said:

It is indeed predictable (and expensive), but very hard to stop due to 8-12" dodge, 8" run and (above all) Meditation.

You need to have a pile of momentum generated by someone else too for him to do his best tricks. But it is great when they come off.B)

He allows for a lot of momentum generation as well. Pass it. Pass back, generate. Pass it, pass back, generate, and so forth. Best done with Hissssssilence, so you get out with a lot of Momentum at the end of the round. A little risky, but doable. In the end activate Silence, pass to Bonesaw, dodge forward, lob fire and then move to a position where you can hit someone with tucked and shutout next round and then move backwards slightly so you can still use him as bouncewall for Bonesaws Goal. 

Was going to make a topic asking this but seems this to be a better place to ask it.

As it is me I'm likely over-thinking this but. I don't get Football Dervish, what exactly does it do and how then is best to use it? It's not like me to get confused by rules and their purpose so feel a little dumb as I expect this likely to be obvious.

13 minutes ago, WhiteYin said:

Was going to make a topic asking this but seems this to be a better place to ask it.

As it is me I'm likely over-thinking this but. I don't get Football Dervish, what exactly does it do and how then is best to use it? It's not like me to get confused by rules and their purpose so feel a little dumb as I expect this likely to be obvious.

Bonesaw passes to team mate. Dodges 4"

Team mate spends a momentum and passes straight back. Bonesaw then dodges another 4".

Bonesaw then goes on a goal run.

Note that you need 3 spare momentum to start with.

EDIT - Pin Vice does more or less the same thing but is more momentum efficient :P

40 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Bonesaw passes to team mate. Dodges 4"

Team mate spends a momentum and passes straight back. Bonesaw then dodges another 4".

Bonesaw then goes on a goal run.

Note that you need 3 spare momentum to start with.

EDIT - Pin Vice does more or less the same thing but is more momentum efficient :P

See that is probably why I over thought it.

I kept looking at "instead of a teamwork action" so he wouldn't get to dodge, then I thought that is quite the momentum spend if you can dodge using it.

Thanks for pointing it out that it was as obvious as I thought. Not sure if I like the idea but I guess if the situation shows itself you'll be glad to have it, even if it is just getting 1 dodge out of it.

So the model who receives the pass can't make a teamwork action. 

I've been liking him in the scoring matchup.  And unexpected arrival plus unmasking really hurts your opponents positioning game. 

That said, he doesn't make every 6. Until he scores, he dies like a chump. He more than most struggles without the ball. On a plus, obulus can still kick and retrieve the ball. 

I just checked that in the rules forum and you are right. I always played that wrong. O.o

Geez, that makes him even better without being so dicey. That basically means 2 Influence could make him dodge 16", what the heck. I need to try that tomorrow! Though I need to print out that Rules Forum part, or my mates won't believe me this insanity. :D 

Also where in the rulebook can I find the part about first rolling for kickoff and then chosing Teams? My searchfunction always breaks the rulebook.

EDIT: Found it, it's in the Regional Cup Document ^^