How slick is this system, it's gone before I get here :D

Please do check the forum rules folks, this one is one of those odd necessities that is there for a good reason even if it seems strange!

20 minutes ago, Devilsquid said:

Until it's released by Steamforged, it's against the rules to share the rules.

Thanks for taking it down.

Sorry...no harm meant :)

None assumed. It's always exciting to be the one who shares new information.

I still have to remind myself not to do that now and again.

1 minute ago, OctaBit said:

But i want to know what she does... :(

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Or at least remove it from the forums.

Without going into specifics i think shes a decent casual fun model your mates will hate (in the good way) but shes a dud competitively.

So if youre a min maxer style player like myself she might be a let down. But thats just my first impression. Its just rough to find a spot for a player like her in a smoke team.

For the vast majority you'll like her. 

Tried to be as vague as possible. I will go into more specifics justification once its okay to talk about her

Just seen the stats on FB, which was quickly taken down.  With her Character play she can be quite elusive and another option for the team with decent goal threat.  

8 minutes ago, naiconn1981 said:

Just seen the stats on FB, which was quickly taken down.  With her Character play she can be quite elusive and another option for the team with decent goal threat.  

it feels way too situational unless you're playing against a team that clumps. i might be proven wrong in time but it doesnt rock my world

Oh man, she looks fun. Definitely not an auto-include or anything, but she could definitely be crazy useful. Interesting combination of fighting and football, like a bunch of players in the guild. I could see her sticking a condition on someone for Vet Kat, then forcing them to choose between controlling him or going after Crucible. Plus, it'll be fun having such a mobile model. I could also see running her with Regular Kat, since he dishes out burning so easily.

Well I was really hoping for one thing and she didn't have it. :/

She definitely pairs well with oKata, veninn, and of course smoke.

Other than that I don't see a whole lot she brings to Midas that doesn't already exists.

I think she brings plenty for Midas. She can get the ball and go where she wants then pass to Midas or take a shot on goal. She brings something different to Smoke and I think it will help the condition game out a lot because your opponent will have to decide if they are willing to lose more momentum or keep it and take damage again and again. I'm looking forward to putting her on the table 

I think she's a great "Choice Forcer" where she can set up a situation where you either out resources into her, or deal with the conditions. 

I'd like to try running Crucible with Venin.  It seems like they'd have a lot of synergy but since neither fits all that well into a traditional alchemist line up it will be a challenge to put together a six man line up.

@Grinch I mostly ment that I feel other models already bring what she brings, or at least something relatively comparable. Right now I see her as taking up the same slot as veninn. Which is mostly and inf battery who can crowd out someone, do something for no inf, and maybe get the ball on occasion.

They can both crowd out equally well but veninn can go up to 4/2 for free as opposed to going to 5/0 for 1. He can also apply both poison and bleeding for free (inf wise), assuming he goes later in the turn and someone starts in melee. Crucible can apply a lot of other things but needs to attack. Although notably she can apply other things like snared. Of course she does drain more momentum but someone still has to apply those conditions.

As for getting back the ball idk on this one. Veninn has a tackle dodge which is pretty nice. Im not sold on crucibles slip past for ball retrieving but could be have some interesting uses. As for kick is mostly just accuracy vs range.

I think they work wonderfully together but I don't think they really shift harry/vKata/vitriol out of their spot, at least not from a competitive perspective.

3 hours ago, MechMage said:

I'd like to try running Crucible with Venin.  It seems like they'd have a lot of synergy but since neither fits all that well into a traditional alchemist line up it will be a challenge to put together a six man line up.

This is what I was getting at a few weeks ago - A list specifically built around Venin - Crucible synergy is actually quite interesting.

The other great synergy is with regular Katalyst - KD, burning and pushing models into the middle of nowhere becomes a really annoying game for your opponent with Crucible nearby.

1 hour ago, OctaBit said:

@Grinch I mostly ment that I feel other models already bring what she brings, or at least something relatively comparable. Right now I see her as taking up the same slot as veninn. Which is mostly and inf battery who can crowd out someone, do something for no inf, and maybe get the ball on occasion.

That's basically the story of this wave for all Guilds. There isn't a model that really does something completely different from the rest of the Guild. Just a different way to do similar things. 

She's really interesting. She is nearly everything I was hoping for, a momentum tax and ball retriever for Smoke. She isn't as linearly fast as Vitriol or as tough, but she is much better at escaping the scrum and getting to the ball.

Take on all comers 9

Midas Smoke Flask Vitriol Crucible oKat vKat Harry Calculus

You can field a Smoke take out or Midas total football team with that. 

11 hours ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

Crucible - Venin - vetKatalyst
Egret - Hearne - Jaecar

Just tossing the idea of a Hunter-Alchemist doubles team out there.

Interesting line up.  I'd be interested to see how it would do.  It's not as ridiculous as some other doubles lists I've seen, but it seems like there's decent synergies.

Since we are loosely talking about her my first impression was: "dodgy/squishy Vennin".

21 hours ago, HuggyTheBear said:

That's basically the story of this wave for all Guilds. There isn't a model that really does something completely different from the rest of the Guild. Just a different way to do similar things. 

I agree with this on some of the models, but there are certainly stand outs.

Hag, who I believe is the relative "best" of the season three models, does not follow this pattern. You could say "Well fish are already fast", but that forgets fish have access to a perfectly playable/competitive Corsair/Kraken/A&G core. These three gain a ton from her. Perhaps this is why I consider her the best of the group - because she actually delivers something new and useful. 

Pintpot, while another bruiser, has burst damage which is not so reliant on set up. His dodges are also handy and rare. 

VOx, adding another 2 inch melee character to butchers is enough for him to be a stand out to me.

Locus is not too far removed from Colossus. Granite maybe not too far from Brick. You could correlate BPM to Bonesaw. Totally agree on Crucible though - I think she will fall DEEPLY into the overlap category.