SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Simonburdett

Leeds Frosty Ball(s) 25th February 2017 - 14 sold

Welcome to the Leeds Frosty Winter Ball on Saturday 25th February 2017. The tournament will be held at:
Shadwell Scout Hut, Main Street, Shadwell, Leeds, LS17 8HH

There is plenty of parking at the venue and the Red Lion pub is next door :) The 7S bus from leeds city centre stops right outside.

In addition I will be providing lunch for everyone included in the ticket price (yay!) at the Red Lion pub next door!

Rules
1) New Regional Cup format is being used which also means Fully Painted is Required
2) Tournament Length up to 5 Rounds
3) Match Win Condition: Play to final Whistle (games are first to 12 VP and capped at 12 VP)
4) Round Length: Team Tactics (45 minutes per player clock)
5) Team Roster Selection as per Regional Cup (i.e. 9 players with maximum 1 Union player for non-union teams)

Prizes
1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place
Best Painted
Best Goal Token
Best Sports
Wooden Spoon

Tickets are £12.50 each and can be purchased via PayPal to spuddyburdett@hotmail.com as 'friends and family', and please include in the comments your name so I know who is coming!

We will be raising funds for Wargamers All Against Charity (WAAC) on the day and as part of the entry fee.

Timings:

Arrival: 09:00
1st Round: 09:30 - 11:20
Break: 11:20 - 11:30
2nd Round: 11:30 - 13:20
Lunch: 13:20 - 14:00
3rd Round: 14:00 - 15:50
Break: 15:50 - 16:00
4th Round: 16:00 - 17:50
Break 17:50 - 18:00 
5th Round: 18:00 - 19:50
19:50 - 20:00 Results, Prizes & Thank you's

Facilities:
There are (clean!) toilets on site, and we are able to serve free Tea & Coffee. If you have been before to my events you know to expect free drinks and free nibbles during the day! In addition I am arranging with the pub next door for buying drinks from them and bringing back to the venue for those who like a stronger drink!

We will apply for sanctioning at the correct time. In addition i am happy to provide full refunds up to 14 days in advance, will be a reduced amount after due to purchase of items by then.

In addition the fist 16 players will also recieve a random limited edition Steamcon Season 3 player card! I managed to get my hands on enough to offer one each to the first 16 players who book a ticket.

Also please note that this is Season 3 so you will be expected to use relevant player and Plot Cards. The new plot cards will be available for collection on the day from www.leodisgames.com if preordered. You can also order the new players with free collection on the day! 

Attending:

1) Neil Pritchard
2) James Coleman
3) Daniel Garnett
4) David Millington
5) Jonnie Cannon
6) Simon Coates

7) Chris Norris

8) Jane Norris

9) Andy Mclelland

10) Alex Johnson

11) Saren Roberts

12) Nick Tighe

13) Mark Shepherd

14) Martin Edwards

15) ....

Edited by Simonburdett
Adding more players

18 hours ago, WASandD said:

Silly question, this will be my first tournament. Do I need to bring terrain or a pitch?

Not silly at all! Nope all pitches and scenery will be there. You just need your team, cards, dice etc. It would be handy if you have a set of plot cards or a timer for the games but they aren't 100% needed as only need 1 between 2 players and often a few spares around. I know many players will take their mat and scenery along 'just incase' but they don't usually come out of the car boot :) 

3 hours ago, Simonburdett said:

Not silly at all! Nope all pitches and scenery will be there. You just need your team, cards, dice etc. It would be handy if you have a set of plot cards or a timer for the games but they aren't 100% needed as only need 1 between 2 players and often a few spares around. I know many players will take their mat and scenery along 'just incase' but they don't usually come out of the car boot :) 

Great, thanks!

6 hours ago, Simonburdett said:

Not long to go now!

Now looking at my partially unassembled, completely unpainted team and getting a bit worried. Running out of weekends!

1 hour ago, Rendorin said:

Is it too late to get a ticket for this event, if not please book me in.

P.S. Money sent (just in case)...

Hi mate,

Nope not too late at all and happy to have more players, more the merrier if you want to come along.

Hello peeps, just to make your lunch choices in advance please so i can get them pre-booked with the Red Lion pub next door to us:

COLD SANDWICHES:
• Roast Beef & Red Onion
• Home cooked Ham & English Mustard
• Mature Cheddar & Pickle (V)
• Tuna Mayonnaise

HOT SANDWICHES:
• Brie & Caramelised Onion (V)
• Grilled Chicken & Pesto
• Roast of the Day with Roast Potatoes on the side.

LIGHT BITES. These are Half Portion sizes:
• Roast of the Day
• Bangers & Mash
• Homemade Lasagne
• Fish, Chips & Mushy Peas
• Cold Cut Ham, Egg & Chips
• Homemade Steak & Ale Pie
• Breaded Scampi & Chips
• Vegetable Lasagne (V)

I would just like to drop a line to say thank you for organising what was for me a fantastic event, my first of 2017!  The venue was ideal, safe parking, unlimited access to snacks and coffee throughout the day and the pub lunch was a perfect addition (all included in the price!).  I will certainly look to attend again, time permitting, and would certainly be recommending it to others as well.

A final thanks to all four of my opponents on the day, Chris, Mark, David and Alex, I enjoyed all my games thank you:).

On 26/02/2017 at 7:18 AM, Rendorin said:

I would just like to drop a line to say thank you for organising what was for me a fantastic event, my first of 2017!  The venue was ideal, safe parking, unlimited access to snacks and coffee throughout the day and the pub lunch was a perfect addition (all included in the price!).  I will certainly look to attend again, time permitting, and would certainly be recommending it to others as well.

A final thanks to all four of my opponents on the day, Chris, Mark, David and Alex, I enjoyed all my games thank you:).

Thanks!

always nice to get any feedback and I always try to organise something that I would be wanting to play in hence the lunch, drinks and cakes! Will do it all again later in the year :)