Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

Midas - "Magnmum Opus" + "Run the Length"

Hey Lawyers guild, my question is -

When Midas scores a goal, can he use "Run the Length" to dodge 4" and then use Magnum Opus, or does he have to trigger "Magnum Opus" immediately?

Magnums Opus - "When this modes scores a goal, enemy models within 4" of this model suffer the snared condition"
Run the Length - "After scoring a goal, the active model may spend [1] MP to immediately make a [4"] Dodge; this Dodge takes place prior to the goal kick"

Thanks for your answer in advance :)

7 hours ago, MilitaryCoo said:

Both events are simultaneous, so the controlling player decides the order of resolution

The difference in wording with 'when' and 'after' has been throwing me on this one.  The Magnum Opus wording sounds simultaneous with the score, but Run the Length sounds like it would have to fall in between goal resolution and the kick.  I guess those could also just both be things that happen as a result of a goal though.

I agree with Jecko.

"When he scores" is before the "After scoring a goal". So snared for all enemys within 4'' from the position where Midas shot the goal. Then he can use "Run the length".

5 minutes ago, daner0023 said:

While we are the topic of timing, does Midas have to use his Legendary before he shoots?

Yes, a la Casket Time or any other Legendary. Your turn ends when you score, so you can't  turn it on after taht.

25 minutes ago, Maurice said:

Yes, a la Casket Time or any other Legendary. Your turn ends when you score, so you can't  turn it on after taht.

I was thinking it was similar to the Casket scenario, but I thought this might be a good place to clarify the timing of all of these events.