Sign in to follow this  
Diacono del Coriandolo

New Fishermen player!

Hi to all!
I'm a new fishermen italian player.

I played some games in 3 vs 3 format (S2) and in 18/12 i have my first tournament, here in Rome. Tournament is with S3 rules and Speed Ball! format.

I have all fisherman guild miniatures (plus Gutter and Hemlocke) and i'm looking for some good advice for the rooster and strategy. 

Thanks for the help! :)

The meta is new so things will be a little up in the air so things may get odd. You'll probaly see the new hotness that is the Engineers with Harry the Hat on the side or Midas leas Alchemists. Because of the 8VP win requirement I would go all in with a full footballing Shark team and go for two quick goals.

Shark, Salt, Jac, Siren, Angel and Greyscales.

The team is not very complex and largely plays like it did in the last 2 seasons except now even Salt can be made into a reliable goal scorer so your oponent has to worry about locking your entire team down to stop you picking the ball up and scoring.

Greyscales is as close to an auto include as we have in faction. He's very good at getting the ball and super slippery.

If I were starting with Shark I'd go for something balanced I think:

Shark, Salt, Greyscales, Sakana, Siren, Kraken

Shark is your main striker, and Greyscales and Sakana are your backups/wingers. Kraken provides a control element in the middle and Siren can reposition your opponents or get the ball back from them. This lineup is basically the fastest models in the faction + Kraken.

I want to try both.

At today I only play Shark, Angel and Siren against other guild starters.

I don't know how Greyscale, Jac or Kraken work in game. I'll play soon some game test of both rosters and thanks for the tips.

Another question: with high mobility of fishermen i have to play with miniature close one to each other? Or i can keep them distant?

(p.s. sorry for my horrible english)

I'd recommend spreading your team out. That way you can cover almost the entire pitch with your ball retrieval and goal threat while mitigating the risk of having multiple models taken out at once. If your opponent commits multiple models to take out one of yours that should leave room for your other models to score.

Also if you have to kick off and you have Jac I like to do a little thing I call the Jac Gambit. Use Jac to kick off as close to the edge of the pitch as possible and load him up with Inf turn 1. Anyone who grabs the ball will then get Lured by Siren and then pushed off the edge by Jac. Do you want the ball? Are you willing to concede a take out to get? If not the fish have the ball. Put them to a decision like that first turn and they tend to be on the back foot for the rest of the game. Put the pressure on them and make them pay.

On 03/12/2016 at 6:14 AM, Beermonkey said:

Also if you have to kick off and you have Jac I like to do a little thing I call the Jac Gambit. Use Jac to kick off as close to the edge of the pitch as possible and load him up with Inf turn 1. Anyone who grabs the ball will then get Lured by Siren and then pushed off the edge by Jac. Do you want the ball? Are you willing to concede a take out to get? If not the fish have the ball. Put them to a decision like that first turn and they tend to be on the back foot for the rest of the game. Put the pressure on them and make them pay.

Absolutely love this, BeerMonkey. Definitely pulling this out next time I kick.