Sign in to follow this  
ADG

Steam Con gift box

For anyone curious, or collecting Guild Ball stuff, this is the contents of the Steam Con gift box:

hHKy5op.jpg?1

Contains a Steam Con patch, Guild Ball pin, Steam Con dice, a season three player card, a metal goal token (from Norse Foundry) and a Steam Con ball token.

Here's the ball:

QIdJopz.jpg?2

And here's the lanyard:

5qQIki9.jpg

It was a well run event ... for a small company and its first convention they did a great job ... aside from the tournament play, there were good facilities and an interesting seminar stream.

Possible seminar for next year could be to get some top players on a panel to debate how to win!

21 minutes ago, TheLieutenant said:

Interested to hear why you reckon there were good facilities apart from the tournament play? 

Not being sarky, genuinely curious. Might be something we can improve on next year! :) 

Just as it's somewhere to mention it, if you're looking for feedback, but 1 downside to the otherwise excellent weekend was when they didn't announce clearly that the airbrush painting class was moving an hour earlier.  I arrive at 12pm, when it was advertised they'd start, just as they were packing up :(

Otherwise, brilliant weekend - thank you!

9 hours ago, TheLieutenant said:

Interested to hear why you reckon there were good facilities apart from the tournament play? 

Not being sarky, genuinely curious. Might be something we can improve on next year! :) 

This was just poorly expressed on my part! What I meant was that as well as there being the tournament going on, it was a nice venue and there was lots of other stuff happening: speed painting, Dark Souls, seminars etc. :)

The gift box is sweet. I know that Blizzcon does a deal for people that can't travel, you can buy a swag bag & streaming "ticket" to play along at home. It would be awesome if Steamforged could work something like that out for those of us a half planet away ?

5 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Things you blow up and bang together to make noise. 

Exactly this, pretty popular in crowd for eSports (League of Legends, Dota2 etc) a way to express your hype without screaming like a 12 year old.