LeadDiceandBeers

Brainpan and Memory

Used B&M for the first time last night.
Casket-timed opponent's Cossett, then took out Dirge.
One-Two B&M for a goal.
Opponent came back with a Scalpel goal.
Then kicked out to Obulus, who passed to Memory and Puppet Mastered the final goal.

I like them.

18 minutes ago, iaipunk said:

Then kicked out to Obulus, who passed to Memory and Puppet Mastered the final goal.

I like them.

That is neat.  BUT IS IT LEGIT?

Puppet master allows a 'pass' but does it allow a 'kick'? 

I don't know. I am asking. The wording is different on Obulus' card from Brainpan's.

Bill

2 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

I don't know. I am asking. The wording is different on Obulus' card from Brainpan's.

Bill

It's not a legal move. That is why it says pass and not kick.

2 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Bill

i don't believe puppet master lets you shoot for the goal. you can pass back to obulus and snapshot (or do a really expensive football dervish by having obulus 4" dodge off the pass into puppet master and dodge off the receive) but making memory kick is imposible

I'm a few games in now, and finally scored a goal with them. They have been super fun and really useful so far. Although mainly been using them for combat, for which they are excellent. There is no escape from the puppet, he's just in your face no matter what, he's so hard to shut down. KD slows him down a fair bit but the opponent has to do it twice to keep him there, and even then I can still move him where I want him ready for next turn.

Played my first match with the duo yesterday, Had them in an Obulus, Ghast, Casket, Graves, Vileswarm lineup against vRage. I pushed Memory up the field the first turn, and second turn tooled him up, only to have him taken out by vRage Red Fury on Gutter. Brainpan was nearby though and was able to both push Memory up the field to engage Gutter and follow in, since the opponent had no remaining momentum.

With Ghast and Graves nearby to add to the Gang-Up, Memory was rolling 8 dice from a fully loaded Brainpan while still Tooled-up and deleted Gutter in 3 attacks (Mom4,Mom4, Mom6 wrap). I was then able to proceed and push the little guy even further up the field to score a goal the following turn.

I ended up losing the match due to a T1 missed puppet master, and a later 3 dice kick from Obulus, but the little murder machine really showed himself to be useful.

36 minutes ago, Seacitygamer said:

How was he STILL tooled up after being taken out? Was he retooled up?

Memory never loses tooled up when hes taken off the pitch. All sustained effects stay on the model, which is especially relevent to mascots that can be created by a heroic, greede who can leave the pitch, and memory

This also applies to influence. 1 inf on vileswarm + tooled up--> player takes out vileswarm.

vileswarm leaves pitch, vGraves uses his heroic to recreate vileswarm. he has 1 inf and tooled up still

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Memory never loses tooled up when hes taken off the pitch. All sustained effects stay on the model, which is especially relevent to mascots that can be created by a heroic, greede who can leave the pitch, and memory

This also applies to influence. 1 inf on vileswarm + tooled up--> player takes out vileswarm.

vileswarm leaves pitch, vGraves uses his heroic to recreate vileswarm. he has 1 inf and tooled up still

OH man this is huge! I'm sure I'm going to need to quote this, do you know where it is in the rule book?

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Shame it's impossible to both tool him up and recreate as it would require both versions of Graves. 

Good for Confidence though. 

4 hours ago, Seacitygamer said:

OH man this is huge! I'm sure I'm going to need to quote this, do you know where it is in the rule book?

influence is in the collected rules clarifications thread in the rules forum. for the sustained plays you have to look at the wording of sustained character plays (come off during end phase, pg 21) and the wording of taken out (pg18). It calls out removing conditions and other effects, but thats for burning/poison/snare etc, not character plays which last until the end of the turn, as does influence. Both of those come out specifically in the end phase (PG21) which the collected rules clarification thread covers.  These two threads have a lawyer stating "Correct" to back these statements up

14 minutes ago, Clanger said:

Shame it's impossible to both tool him up and recreate as it would require both versions of Graves. 

Good for Confidence though. 

yeah my example was just a really well known sustained play to illustrate the point

Personally I love them. I love anything that gives you options in this game, rather than being pinned down to 100% striker or beater. 

I would suggest practising with them plenty before taking them to a tournament though, as the clock is unforgiving when you have too many options!

On 18/3/2017 at 9:43 PM, CurlyPaul said:

KD slows him down a fair bit but the opponent has to do it twice to keep him there, and even then I can still move him where I want him ready for next turn.

I don't understand, Why needs to KD him twice? he is only getting up with momentum because he donesn't have activation face, right?

51 minutes ago, kelsier said:

I don't understand, Why needs to KD him twice? he is only getting up with momentum because he donesn't have activation face, right?

Yes, because he doesn't have an activation the only thing that stands him up is "come on lad". And since you can only do it once a turn to a model if you say kd before he activates then kd again on a counter attack, he can not stand up again. 

I attended a 4 game tournament on the weekend, going 3-1 and placing 4th from 16, and used for each game; Scalpel, Dirge, Ghast, Graves, BP&M, A&G. 

BP&M were constant threats and are auto-includes in my line up now! The pair have goal threat but it is typically to awkward or risky to pull off, and although I managed to get a snap shot goal of Memory to win 1 game, that's the only goal I have scored with the pair. When it comes to scoring goals you want to be getting that ball to A&G!

I think Memory is actually more of an Attacking Midfielder than a Striker, and I had him for the most part bumble around just past the halfway line causing assists, dealing damage (and chuuuurning out momentum) and being a general pain in the arse. IMO he replaces Greedes job as a damage dealer, as his playbook is very similar and shorter, meaning if you can get Singled Out on someone from Avarisse (or Dirge if you get Sic Em) he is dealing 2 or 3 Mom damage a pop (and if you can get Tooled UP on him too, well that's just perfect). He also can't give away VPs like Greede does, which is even better.

The only drawback with the pair is remembering to move Memory (ironically), and having the foresight to keep Memory relevant and in the fight with his free dodges; you don't want to be wasting Inf moving him.

2 hours ago, Zombiestate said:

I attended a 4 game tournament on the weekend, going 3-1 and placing 4th from 16, and used for each game; Scalpel, Dirge, Ghast, Graves, BP&M, A&G. 

BP&M were constant threats and are auto-includes in my line up now! The pair have goal threat but it is typically to awkward or risky to pull off, and although I managed to get a snap shot goal of Memory to win 1 game, that's the only goal I have scored with the pair. When it comes to scoring goals you want to be getting that ball to A&G!

I think Memory is actually more of an Attacking Midfielder than a Striker, and I had him for the most part bumble around just past the halfway line causing assists, dealing damage (and chuuuurning out momentum) and being a general pain in the arse. IMO he replaces Greedes job as a damage dealer, as his playbook is very similar and shorter, meaning if you can get Singled Out on someone from Avarisse (or Dirge if you get Sic Em) he is dealing 2 or 3 Mom damage a pop (and if you can get Tooled UP on him too, well that's just perfect). He also can't give away VPs like Greede does, which is even better.

The only drawback with the pair is remembering to move Memory (ironically), and having the foresight to keep Memory relevant and in the fight with his free dodges; you don't want to be wasting Inf moving him.

When it comes to BPM goals i find the best strategy is to make sure brain gets it nearly last, with memory close enough to get to the goal. Thanks to his 4 kick stat to memory + free teamwork dodge he can very reliably set memory up without having to attack anyone.

Very rarely he can manipulate the ball with an i'm open, but it doesn't come up too often.

otherwise i agree, just cut people up with the puppet. hes nasty and his short playbook makes any and all TAC buffs hyper effective at both damage and mom generation. 

the puppet can also play around casket's aura since he is always dodging, i don't field casket every game, but sometimes stealing a march on someone with casket time to race to 8vps can be huuuuge in the tempo race. 

honestly the only problem i have with the mortician line ups is i'm spoiled for choice, A&G, BPM, Ghast, Casket, Graves1, Cosset and silence are all phenomenal models and its really hard to cull the herd down to 4 players every game.