Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Mako

      Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

      With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  
LeadDiceandBeers

New Captain Season 3

Recommended Posts

They confirmed in the Q&A afterwards that the symbol behind her is the 'Solthecian' symbol.

I actually wonder if she isn't the captain of the new guild, as well, and that the new guild are all members of other prexisting guilds. Basically an the anti-union in terms of composition. Have them poach people like Veteran Spigot and what not. I'm just spitballing here, but it would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FearLord said:

They did specifically say she was a new Union Captain though...

What I'm speculating is that all of these Solthecians would also belong to another guild. So she'd be a Union Captain and the Solthecian Captain at the same time.

I'm just saying what I think would be cool is all. I don't see why they would create and prominently show a new symbol that looks just like a guild symbol in the same place that they usually show a guild symbol if it wasn't also a guild symbol. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then maybe it is a duck, and if it is a duck how would that duck function, you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khift said:

What I'm speculating is that all of these Solthecians would also belong to another guild. So she'd be a Union Captain and the Solthecian Captain at the same time.

I'm just saying what I think would be cool is all. I don't see why they would create and prominently show a new symbol that looks just like a guild symbol in the same place that they usually show a guild symbol if it wasn't also a guild symbol. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then maybe it is a duck, and if it is a duck how would that duck function, you know?

Maybe everyone with that symbol can play in a team, regardless of guildspecification. Missionaries.

Ox drags Brisket into it, that Union Captain drags parts of the Union into that sect (Mist), Bonesaw as well, vSpigot. That is already six. Just need a mascot. Maybe a white dove, I don't know. Chihuahua-Dove--114174.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.  Thanks for the share.  Really weird to have a third captain.  Wonder if every guild is getting a new one.

A second striker to pair with Mist along with Harry and a footballing A&G could rival fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, riffbw said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the share.  Really weird to have a third captain.  Wonder if every guild is getting a new one.

A second striker to pair with Mist along with Harry and a footballing A&G could rival fish.

The way they worded it implied that only the Hunters and the Union will be getting a new captain. IIRC, their specific words were something like "And a new captain for the Hunters and the Union".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to all the seminars yesterday (all really great, particularly the sculpting with Russ) and it was sort of inferred during the state of the empire discussion that there was a higher power controlling the Union (death of Blackheart was not planned or wanted and the state that's left the Union players is very unfavourable with the grand magisters and the powers that control them).  When people asked about the symbol during the keynote Matt said to reread the fluff, it's all there, and was shushed by the rest of the panel (he was shushed a lot by the rest of the panel :) ) I think we'll see it's the church that are revealed as the true power behind the Union guild.  Someone did ask if the resemblance between the new cap and Egret was significant - answer "maybe....maybe"

Also confirmed, but not specified, was that more deaths are coming in season 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The choice of weapons (sword and knives) is the same as Veteran Harmony, in addition to the long red hair, but maybe it is just similar art. People have also seen resemblance to Egret and Fillet I think.

Although Harmony has been supporting Hammer in season two, and Hammer has some deal with the Union.

The face looks different from Harmony though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Whiskey Jack said:

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it turn out the new captain is really Gutter with a hair dye job. Similar face and long hair. 

This was my thought as well. Gutter disappeared, so she's a 'brick' waiting to come back into the storyline and here's a character that could easily be her coming into the Union. Don't really have any evidence for that beyond the law of conservation of detail, though.

I don't see it being Egret, though. Egret's a Disney princess who ran away from home and now worships the happy nature gods. This model, on the other hand, definitely comes from the city and worships the monotheistic Solthecian faith. This model could possibly be Egret's mother / sister / cousin or whatever, but that's just speculation and I'm not sure how it would even improve the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the church would be interesting if it had a reverse mercenary rule to it, where you had the core church players, but had a list of "church friendly" players who they can pull in to use as players, like VSpigs, Mist, Etc, etc.

 

Then when a new season comes out, they can update the card with new players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2016 at 11:14 PM, Khift said:

They confirmed in the Q&A afterwards that the symbol behind her is the 'Solthecian' symbol.

I actually wonder if she isn't the captain of the new guild, as well, and that the new guild are all members of other prexisting guilds. Basically an the anti-union in terms of composition. Have them poach people like Veteran Spigot and what not. I'm just spitballing here, but it would be cool.

I had the same thought as soon as I read the S2 Fluff, especially Vet Spigot and I thought that they would recruit the strays and Outcasts of the Guilds.

I don't think the new Union Captain Is related to any other current player .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2016 at 5:35 PM, Cole said:

Maybe everyone with that symbol can play in a team, regardless of guildspecification. Missionaries.

Ox drags Brisket into it, that Union Captain drags parts of the Union into that sect (Mist), Bonesaw as well, vSpigot. That is already six. Just need a mascot. Maybe a white dove, I don't know. Chihuahua-Dove--114174.jpg

I don't see Ox being part of the Solthecians. Being that Brisket won the Butchers civil war and Veteran Ox looks like he's still wearing his shackles from prison I'm thinking he will openly oppose the church in the fluff. My thought is that if Fillet won we would have seen Ox return on as member of the church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be Honour? If you grow her hair, it actually looks a lot like her. 

We know she is kind of a mercenary now, coaching the farmers guild. Although I can't find any church reference in the fluff

expect for this line

" ‘Fine! Break for the afternoon. I’ll be drawing up new plays for us to go over later this evening. I expect all of you back here at dusk, unless Solthecius forbid, someone can find a suitable courtyard inside the city walls like a real team would use...’ "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PaW said:

Could be Honour? If you grow her hair, it actually looks a lot like her. 

We know she is kind of a mercenary now, coaching the farmers guild. Although I can't find any church reference in the fluff

expect for this line

" ‘Fine! Break for the afternoon. I’ll be drawing up new plays for us to go over later this evening. I expect all of you back here at dusk, unless Solthecius forbid, someone can find a suitable courtyard inside the city walls like a real team would use...’ "

Someone else suggest Honour on the basis of the over large knee pads on the art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The_Question_NL said:

After reading the end of the Butcher Civil War it could also be Brisket...

I was just thinking that, myself. Especially since her joining the Church might explain how Ox makes it out of their gaol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The_Question_NL said:

After reading the end of the Butcher Civil War it could also be Brisket...

That is the first thing that I thought as well. Can't wait to get my hands on some more background. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×