Jump to content
Thewisp

Midas touch ability

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Thewisp said:

Is s3 midas allowed to put out mutiple burden tokens on the same target?

Not on the same target.  As per Conventions on p14, effects and abilities from the same Named Source do not stack.

 

29 minutes ago, Wynter said:

...and when do you trigger Magnum Opus? Presumably after a successful shot on goal?

Yes, as is written on the ability:  "When this model scores a goal...", so the effect only happens once he scores a goal.

Cheers :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a "use first, then take action to try and trigger" deal like Casket Time is?

Given that CT specifies "the next time" I could see why it wouldn't be. Still - are there any other reactive Legendaries like this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Siberys said:

It's not a "use first, then take action to try and trigger" deal like Casket Time is?

Given that CT specifies "the next time" I could see why it wouldn't be. Still - are there any other reactive Legendaries like this one?

I would believe so, as the goal would end the activation, then it's too late to declare another action other than taking the dodge.

I guess the best time to use it would be first turn when everybody is still bunched up by their goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MechMage said:

If S3 Midas uses Magnus Opus then scores a goal, does the play trigger before or after he takes his 4" dodge for scoring?

They both say after a goal, so they happen at the same time. When two abilities happen at the same time the active player decides the order. So he can dodge before Magnum Opus applies the snared condition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TimW said:

es, as is written on the ability:  "When this model scores a goal...", so the effect only happens once he scores a goal.

Cheers :)

Well, we get that the 'effect' happens once he scores a goal

The question is, When does the human playing midas activate the ability?

Since after scoring a goal, your activation immediately ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Talamare said:

Well, we get that the 'effect' happens once he scores a goal

The question is, When does the human playing midas activate the ability?

Since after scoring a goal, your activation immediately ends.

Unless it changes in S3, you need to activate the play first then score. Legendary plays last until the end of the turn.

S2 rulebook, pg 34: " All effects caused by a Legendary Play last until the end of the current turn unless noted otherwise."

In the same way that a Mortician using Casket Time needs to use the play before rolling for the attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Unless it changes in S3, you need to activate the play first then score. Legendary plays last until the end of the turn.

S2 rulebook, pg 34: " All effects caused by a Legendary Play last until the end of the current turn unless noted otherwise."

In the same way that a Mortician using Casket Time needs to use the play before rolling for the attack.

This is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×