Steamforged

How about some more Spoilers for S3?

Midas Touch has the SUS tag. I assume that means it expires at end of turn.

Looks pretty interesting, definitely completely different though. Notice that Lure of Gold says towards, not directly towards, so it really gives you tons of adaptability.

I wonder if One Touch Football is still a thing.

In a way I'm sorry to see True replication go, it is so fun to play with. But the upside seems worth it, this guy will be genuinely fun to field.

And of course, yet another Bond reference never hurts.

It'll really be a tough call between Midas and Smoke.

I really don't mind the changes, and he looks great. He'll certainly be a strong captain. Just disappointed he doesn't seem very "alchemist" in any way. Sort of figured he needed a change to begin with so he was more in line with the Alchemist strategies.

The only thing I see being tricky is making sure you setup for his legendary to get max usage out of it. Other then that he seems like a good captain. It makes the captain choice hard 

He does Snared now (Sort of) and he adds mini +2 hits to his team so boosts their melee game and can boost the range of their conditions with his movement trick. He definitely sides with footballing not conditions though. Vitriol will still be his BFF (ironically...see background).

23 minutes ago, Frostmane said:

You will. You will.

Why do I hear Yoda here...

12 minutes ago, shauni55 said:

I really don't mind the changes, and he looks great. He'll certainly be a strong captain. Just disappointed he doesn't seem very "alchemist" in any way. Sort of figured he needed a change to begin with so he was more in line with the Alchemist strategies.

I always thought the original Midas was very flavourful and more true alchemist than any of the other players. True alchemy is about changing base metals (lead mainly) into gold and the perfection of the body and soul, and the pursuit of those led to many advances in chemistry. So Midas, with his fluid, changing Heroic, greedy attitude and changeable abilities were very on theme. The conditions of the other players like Mercury and Calculus always felt more like Chemists than Alchemists.

However, I suppose for design issues Midas has had to change, and this version certainly keeps some elements of the slippery-ness, but has got rid of the changeability of the character and gone with the Classical myth of King Midas, whose greed led to him asking the gods to change everything he touched to gold, with disastrous effect. Magnum Opus is on theme as well, which is very nice. I'm certainly looking forward to building a tricksy goal focused team around Midas (as I did before) but I don't know how many conditions will be worth keeping in - Vitriol, Calculus, Venin, Naja and someone else...

The loss of Clone worries me, as that would leave only Vitriol and Snakeskin having it. Snakeskin will certainly need changes to make her work, but I am hoping against hope that Vitriol has come through Season 3 with the minimum of changes - we can't afford to lose our striker and be forced to rely on Captains for goals, and we need more than just Katalyst (either version) as a finisher - conditions alone are not enough!

1 hour ago, S_A_T_S said:

The loss of Clone worries me, as that would leave only Vitriol and Snakeskin having it. Snakeskin will certainly need changes to make her work, but I am hoping against hope that Vitriol has come through Season 3 with the minimum of changes - we can't afford to lose our striker and be forced to rely on Captains for goals, and we need more than just Katalyst (either version) as a finisher - conditions alone are not enough!

We don't know If Clone Is still a Character Play not until we see It on another player, I could of been replace with something.

Better design, but pretty disgusting still.  24" goal threat with 2 momentum I believe before taking into account all the push/dodge (and double push/double dodge).  5/1 with Unpredictable Movement still seems crazy to me.  Way less of a colossal burden on the game though and overall way more excited to see how he plays than before.

1 hour ago, S_A_T_S said:

If anyone needs to be hit repeatedly around the head with the nerf bat, it's Vitriol

2 minutes ago, rosencrantz247 said:

LOLWUT

English only on this board, please.

Wynter was merely stating an opinion - shared by many - that there is no reason for an Alchemist player to ever leave Vitriol on the bench, as she does everything really well - very survivable, very good damage, excellent goal scoring and mobility. When a player is so good as to remove the choice of whether you take it or not, this usually means the model should be toned down in some form in order to make it a more competitive choice. This is colloquially referred to as 'getting nerfed', hence the nerf bat reference.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

20 minutes ago, Plebian said:

He seems a lot better, will be tough to take Smoke over him unless she gets changed as well.

Yes have to see Smokes card but I actually feel that she has better synergy with other Alchemist teams, especially given limitation on use of Union models.

My main upset is that there will no longer be a situational choice of being able to run either combat Midas or Football Midas.  It appears, at initial glance, that Alchemists are being pushed to be a purely footballing team and that there are other Guilds better at that.