Alexv

Alchemist ball ideas

I need some ideas for the alchemist team ball the only thing I thought of was painting the ball neon green with the logo on the side and that's about it 

Interesting, not many people go to too much effort to theme the ball.

I imagine smoke featuring in this if you can do it (maybe cotton wool). Some sort of bowling ball like thing, so 2-3 holes with smoke and light coming out, and if you are a skilled enough modeller, a nice steampunk/ornate engraved pattern all around it, make it look metal, like some sort of doomsday device in a fantasy film.

Alternatively, another concept might be based off the Gelatinous Cube in D&D - a jelly/transparent sphere (achieved through clear resin or the stuff doll house hobbyists use for making jellies and jam jars), with some colour tint (I see it green in my head), making sure you get a few bubbles and maybe an item inside, possibly a skull or beer bottle, something like that.

A spin off of that idea is a spherical flask, with a short neck and cork, and some coloured liquid inside.

I insist you show us what you end up with, whether it's one of these ideas or not!

I painted mine like the other fire effects in my team to suggest it was either made of fire or super heated, and painted the grass around it if were burnt... If I were better with green stuff I might have sculpted some flames on as well, but I didn't go that far...

On 10/6/2016 at 4:40 PM, Alexv said:

Do you guys any picrues of your ball ideas I thought of perfect one so far and until I do it I will post a picture of it

For some reason, i read this as "Do you guys have any pictures of your balls?", and I had to re-read it twice to make sure it wasn't what i thought it was. >.>

I'm interested in seeing everyone's balls too.

I am going with the flask idea I just sculpted it but I can't attached because it doesn't fit in the standered and I took a picture of it on my phone

I actually purchased a set of small Apothic Viles from a Hobby store (Hobby Lobby in the US) and used one on my ball base.  Makes the ball token much easer to move around.  I've done this on most bases (i.e. arrows, gears, knives).  Also like all of my Alchemist bases I made a green slime solution from neon green paint and metallic yellow and it looks really cool running over everything.

24 minutes ago, THE_DOJO_JAKE said:

I actually purchased a set of small Apothic Viles from a Hobby store (Hobby Lobby in the US) and used one on my ball base.  Makes the ball token much easer to move around.  I've done this on most bases (i.e. arrows, gears, knives).  Also like all of my Alchemist bases I made a green slime solution from neon green paint and metallic yellow and it looks really cool running over everything.

pictures?

I did one of mine in a more "traditional" brown leather base, but I brushed it with green and gold to give it a sort of worn gilded look. 

The other one I broke out the Neons and turned it into a Lucioball. 

I tried to make my ball look like it has just been touched by Midas and is in the process of turning to gold:
9eXNKkAl.jpg

Although I liked a lot of the other ideas in this thread too - I might just 'borrow' some ;)

On 9/18/2018 at 12:18 PM, Wariat said:

Old WIP of my ball, but you can see what I was thinking. 

tumblr_oebrxoKKPJ1sm5yszo1_1280.jpg

Very cool.

My ball idea was some stone that the alchemists created during their practices, so I've went to a hobby shop and bought a pack of glass pearls. I combined it with my other idea, that Katalyst kicked the ball with full force and its buried in the pitch, and voila:

43828402_2141159885902782_54642718846379

Oh yeah and I love the gelatinous cube idea mentioned in this topic, I might try that one aswell :).