Dude

Favorite Scalpel Lineup?

5 hours ago, iaipunk said:

I've used VGraves to deliver a beating.
He hunts with the swarm and dishes out pushes, damage, KD, and bleed.
Typically I play them on one end of my line with Scalpel on the other end.

The Swarm was always a liability to me when I used him. One time I suffered 15 damage in my own team because of him and even lost the game because of that...

Today I tried a list I was very comfortable with. It was my first selfmade and efficient Striker list, and yes, it contains Bonesaw who did an amazing Job, as well as Fangtooth!

Scalpel

Dirge

Silence

Fangtooth

Mist

Bonesaw (!!!)

It was awesome. Bonesaw made the first goal. Then Scalpel pushed Sakana of the trails and generated assloads of momentum, using them to heal and second wind. I did a mistake and second winded into Krakens Harpoon range. In the end Mist made another goal, and I tried to do a snapshot goal with Mist. Ofcourse 1,1,3,3

Then the magic happened. Silence took out Angel. He could've won it if it weren't for timeout and my momentum lead. But damn, that Snapshot goal was a shit one. :D Could've been 14 VP's!! Bonesaw actually managed to do several Unexpected arrivals pushing Corsair around like he was on a carousel, causing him to get poisoned, lose distance, etc etc. And reanimate also saved my god damn day! The pressure on that list was insane. Fuck furious lineup. Use that one. :D 

Fangtooth knocked Sakana down and then walked towards Kraken, also KD and then 2 damage, though just for the momentum. That invalidated Sakana and Kraken as his first activations. Man that was a fun game. 

Last night I played against fairly standard Obulus Morts played by a beginner. Ob, Dirge Silence, Ghast, Cossett & Fangtooth.

I had Scalpel, Vileswarm, V Graves, Ghast, Casket, Bonesaw.

We didn't finish. Too much else was distracting my opponent. The final score at the end of turn 3 was 4- 2 to the Obulus team. Bonesaw had the ball in my back field most of the game. Dirge took out Vileswarm and died himself. Fangtooth and Ghast had not much health left and Scalpel got killed. Set up for a goal and a casketing, but neither happened.

5 minutes ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Last night I played against fairly standard Obulus Morts played by a beginner. Ob, Dirge Silence, Ghast, Cossett & Fangtooth.

I had Scalpel, Vileswarm, V Graves, Ghast, Casket, Bonesaw.

We didn't finish. Too much else was distracting my opponent. The final score at the end of turn 3 was 4- 2 to the Obulus team. Bonesaw had the ball in my back field most of the game. Dirge took out Vileswarm and died himself. Fangtooth and Ghast had not much health left and Scalpel got killed. Set up for a goal and a casketing, but neither happened.

Tried her with vGraves and The Swarm the other day.. he generated even more mp. Vileswarm did a decent job of getting in the way but not much else.  If I'm not taking Cosset and Dirge, these are my replacements I think.

I played again a couple nights ago vs Brewers. Scalpel, Vileswarm, VGraves, Casket, Ghast, Bonesaw (same lineup mentioned before).

Had a great showing by VGraves, scoring 2 Gravedigger takeouts (poor Spigot) and a goal.
Say what you want about Vileswarm, but I think the Packmstered charge wrapping and hitting for 5 damage is good.

The whole team contributed to the win.
I think my friends still haven't quite figured out how to deal with Casket and Ghast holding the middle.
Scalpel generally showed up where she needed to be (and got a takeout on Friday).
Bonesaw tackled and dumped the ball to set Graves up for his final goal for the win.

10 hours ago, iaipunk said:

I played again a couple nights ago vs Brewers. Scalpel, Vileswarm, VGraves, Casket, Ghast, Bonesaw (same lineup mentioned before).

Had a great showing by VGraves, scoring 2 Gravedigger takeouts (poor Spigot) and a goal.
Say what you want about Vileswarm, but I think the Packmstered charge wrapping and hitting for 5 damage is good.

The whole team contributed to the win.
I think my friends still haven't quite figured out how to deal with Casket and Ghast holding the middle.
Scalpel generally showed up where she needed to be (and got a takeout on Friday).
Bonesaw tackled and dumped the ball to set Graves up for his final goal for the win.

When you put it like that, 5 damage for 1inf is pretty decent to be honest.. I'll have to revisit this. 

14 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

When you put it like that, 5 damage for 1inf is pretty decent to be honest.. I'll have to revisit this. 

The problem, I would say, is that it isn't 5 damage for 1 INF. It's 5 damage for 1 INF, 1 Momentum, a specific activation order, and a specific positioning requirement. And it only generates 1 Momentum itself. And that charge has only a 22.7% chance to wrap against a 4+/1 target (though of course that can be improved with crowd outs and such). And that's all that activation does. And now a 7 HP 4+/0 model is presumably by enemies and worth 2 VP.

I haven't found it that difficult to set up.
Usually, you only get it once per game, but Graves uses packmaster, then charges off to do his thing.
Vileswarm then gets his 1 influence charge (usually ganging up) and it wraps easily enough.

I do think picking your targets well is vital.
Obviously, it works better against 3+/1 than 4+/1. (Have Graves knock the target down)

If you send the Swarm in after Graves has done some damage, the enemy can be pretty close to dead when this is done.
They're less likely to kill the Swarm knowing you can counter-attack to push, KD, or finish them off.
Or Swarm explodes (poison) and they're even easier for Graves to finish off with his next activation.

6 hours ago, Slothrop said:

The problem, I would say, is that it isn't 5 damage for 1 INF. It's 5 damage for 1 INF, 1 Momentum, a specific activation order, and a specific positioning requirement. And it only generates 1 Momentum itself. And that charge has only a 22.7% chance to wrap against a 4+/1 target (though of course that can be improved with crowd outs and such). And that's all that activation does. And now a 7 HP 4+/0 model is presumably by enemies and worth 2 VP.

Well the mp evens itself out, which is why I didn't mention it, but yeah without Gang Ups its unlikely to happen.

I'm thinking of this as a late game play, when players are scattered around the pitch and I need to find a couple of decent punches to finish somebody off. Give VGraves 3 or 4 inf, he should be able to knock them over, do some damage himself and then herioc ready for Vileswarm. It's not something to center the entire game plan around, but could be enough to finish someone off at the right time.

Played Scapal 3 times yesterday against 3 different teams. It has been awhile since I used her but I did find that I struggled a bit with takeouts. Is this a common issue people are finding with her or am I missing something?  I admit I do get a bit blinded by the push dodge and 1 damage on 3 success's. Can't help but feel like Graves when he gets his tickle and Tooled up is going to be pretty important in her team. Yeah I know we have access to it through Rage already. But to be honest I don't use him, tend to prefer Cosset's versatility and speed.

4 hours ago, Totes McAwesome said:

Played Scapal 3 times yesterday against 3 different teams. It has been awhile since I used her but I did find that I struggled a bit with takeouts. Is this a common issue people are finding with her or am I missing something?  I admit I do get a bit blinded by the push dodge and 1 damage on 3 success's. Can't help but feel like Graves when he gets his tickle and Tooled up is going to be pretty important in her team. Yeah I know we have access to it through Rage already. But to be honest I don't use him, tend to prefer Cosset's versatility and speed.

It definitely feels like a struggle after playing Tapper. 

It's helps if I can remove momentum blindness when looking at Scalpels playbook as she can do decent damage if I go for the white results. To be honest though, it's not Scalpel that I use for the damage, it's her job to drag the prey into position for Rage and Cosset to finish off. What other damage dealers you got in the 6?

49 minutes ago, Totes McAwesome said:

As you know @CurlyPaul I use Esters generally, but either way Yeah it's a big change from brewers. In one game I had casket and Ghast to punch face. But against an engineer's team with hoist and colossus it was difficult to take anyone out. 

Yeah, tougher players like that are definitely hard to get rid of. I either ignore them or focus everyone on getting rid them, which is often an error tbh as it gives the opponent run of the pitch while I chew through them. 

Killing people is a problem for me in any Morts line up. Precious few damage buffs, and Rage's inf always seem better used to hit someone than Tool up somebody else. I think when it moves to Graves it will make a huge difference, for the way I use them anyway.