the_aY

How to make a Guild Ball mat!

Hello all,

If you are finding there is a shortage of Guild Ball Classic Pitch mats in your area, don't worry!

I have created a step-by-step guide on how you can make yourself a very low-cost, awesome looking, rollable mat!

Please forward this to your other gamer friends. I'm not a monetized blog. I'm just trying to get the word out there to help people get an even better experience with this awesome game.

http://trollpatrolgaming.blogspot.ca/2016/08/how-to-make-guild-ball-mat-step-by-step.html

This is only semi-related, but I want to make a "snowy" pitch that will be mainly white, blue and grey. Does anyone have a good colour pick for the lines and logo?

I figure black would provide the most contrast, but I wondered it if would look unnatural.

If anyone could provide some advice or suggestions, it would be appreciated!

Maybe the snow would be cleared from around the lines so some green would show through and the lines would stay white. Don't know if that would be easy to do.

I could try. But I just really wanted to really do a really snowy, non-grass exposed field. I guess I have to leave it to the imagination, as most sports are not played on snowy fields.

Blue on white would be great. But I love the green and white combo for cleared areas. A few years ago, the US Team played a snowy game against Costa Rica and they had guys shoveling the lines clear while the ball was at the other end. So for realism and aesthetic the green and white would be ideal for me.

If football (real football :P) is played when snowy conditions are expected, an orange ball is often used for visibility. The pitch is expected to be cleared of snow as thoroughly as possible though, especially the lines. For Guild Ball, I'd say to use what you like as long as it contrasts well. Make the snow look like snow and the lines look like colored chalk and you'll be fine.

I try not to think too much about real football, because those fields wouldn't have random forests, rocks, and outhouses littered about the field. :)

I'll try multiple things for my future mats.

Do it! Everyone who has played on it liked it a lot.

One advantage it has over the mousepad-material ones: Models don't slide around as much accidentally when trying to use widgets for precise movements! :)

For the snow one i could imagine Brown could work.

Like some one Just scrapped the Boot where the lines shoud be. Might even look good if it's slightly crooked, but Overall straight

12 hours ago, MightyDuck said:

Thank you for this. I made one using this guide and it was very helpful.

:)

11 hours ago, Greed said:

For the snow one i could imagine Brown could work.

Like some one Just scrapped the Boot where the lines shoud be. Might even look good if it's slightly crooked, but Overall straight

Yeah, I'm still contemplating. Right now, I own 3 of these DIY mats, and I intend on buying the official one when it's back in stock, so I'm taking my time absorbing the options and ideas given by people like yourself before I make it. :)

58 minutes ago, Jesster said:

Great tutorial. Thanks!

Oh and ummmm I would make yellow lines in the snow for you mat... Just saying :)

Urine lines on the snow? :o

@Jesster That's great!

I'm always so glad when I see people actually benefiting from any resources from the online Guild Ball community.

Hope you have many great games on the pitch! :)

I wonder if the necessity of this mat will still exist once the starter comes out...