Brence

Starting ball-playin team?

Heya all,

I've been toyingwith a Butcher list which is mostly about playing the ball (eventual casualties may occur though).

This would be my slightly fluff based idea:

Fillet: She's fast, she's a striker and she deals out Bleed for a nice atrittion game.

vBrisket: She is a bit lighter on the initial influence due to her 1 INF charge and when scoring restores the INF inbalance that is the starting team.

Shank: Would be the Roamer of the team, can mop up behind Fillet or help Meathook deal with threats.

Meathook: Not entirely sure about her, she deals out Bleed and with het Heroic can anchor down any incoming drive towards mu Goal. Her Kick also makes her a good mid field pass'n play option to cross the gap between back line and opposing side. Also her Scything Blow will easily enhance Shanks threat range would he need to retreat to deal with something elsewhere.

Truffles: The Hog has Smell Blood, which is a lovely synergy especially when someone actually hits it first for that free jog. Will keep it hang back to help out Tenderizer.

Tenderizer: While the team is up on the other side he can hold the Goal. Probably only needs influence when the ball is out of my control.

Only bad thing is 11 INF for the starting turns. I figure Shank, Fillet and Meathook will take those influence points while  Brisket can swoop in when need be or go for goal taking Meathooks share when the time comes. 

What do you guys think? Theoryballing worth something on the pitch?

Hehe cool! I was toying with adding Boiler instead of Meathook. But I am trying to get Meathook to work, and she does have some points of interest in a list that sets up Bleed conditions so well :).

Boiler > Meathook because of swift stance.  Def 6 fillet can face-tank a lot.  Plus 1 more influence helps.  I like meathook and I have tried with her, but she requires influence to be really an asset and fillet & shank don't really give away much to the other players

I really want to try out vBrisket but can't bring myself to proxy.  I want the real model on the table.

Same with Truffles (waiting on my LGS).

I would put in Tenderizer if the opponent is a big scoring team, otherwise, I would sub in Rage.  He has bleed on his attacks and while easily countered sometimes, still has the potential to put out 5 influence worth of attacking power (2 for charge attack (free) and 1 paid and 2 berserk attacks)  for only 1 influence.  Plus, Bill the Butcher, yo! :-D

2-2 Butchers works very well - it's how I like to play!  We have low MOM tackles and great TAC low on all of our characters which makes getting the ball super easy, and we have the momentum to bonus time all of our kicks.  Like tunagami I don't want to proxy Veteran Brisket, but I'm looking forwards to trying her.  Truffles has been great in practice but you *really* want the dog with Brisket 1 and Boiler.

1 hour ago, masterkdog said:

So had another game vs Hunters now, and actually realised after turn one Boiler did nothing so will try this lineup with tenderiser next.

Boiler does quite a bit for me after turn 1 with low INF - he walks around near the dog and waits for the dog to engage on someone, doing Swift Stance when I need it, Marked Target to pop GM, and giving out 4 damage for 1 INF.  Then at the top of the turn I take a 4 INF Boiler activation that pretty much kills any weakened enemy model.

I don't think Tenderizer does a whole lot against Hunters, at least for Fillet - Team Ox 2" Spam on the other hand is great against them.   Fillet just doesn't have the INF to support Tenderizer running around the front, nor are the Hunters going for enough goals to justify the goalkeeper.

I'm actually surprised that Boiler is doing nothing, @masterkdog! He may be our hardest-hitting piece. Maybe your opponent has identified that, and doing everything he/she can to prevent you from getting a lot of mileage out of him?

Agree about Boiler. Alone he can walk up and do 8 - 10 avg damage on a 4/1 ... add in bleed and either tack on damage or force your opponent to spend 1 -2 MP.  Add in The Aura or Princess and that damage goes to 12 - 14 ... not bad for one turn. 

58 minutes ago, the_aY said:

So weird too, for such an unassuming little guy. The model is barely bigger than Princess.

I think he's about 13/14. If i would be any good at freehand I'd even give him a little thunderbolt scar :p.

So look, you don't need to convert me to Boiler I know how amazng he is, he took Theron out on his own against the same player last week.

I just found that even in a 13 inf team, Fillet gets 6, Shank 4 and generally Brisket takes the other 2 or three, if she takes two I found i was giving minx or boiler one both for marked target so given the free charge Minx has I thought keep her and give the big T a go.

All I meant was in that particular game he did nothing so will give Tenderiser a go to use as a battery that can counter charge the eventual egret excursion up field.

3 hours ago, masterkdog said:

So look, you don't need to convert me to Boiler I know how amazng he is, he took Theron out on his own against the same player last week.

I just found that even in a 13 inf team, Fillet gets 6, Shank 4 and generally Brisket takes the other 2 or three, if she takes two I found i was giving minx or boiler one both for marked target so given the free charge Minx has I thought keep her and give the big T a go.

All I meant was in that particular game he did nothing so will give Tenderiser a go to use as a battery that can counter charge the eventual egret excursion up field.

Ah, good. I was worried. :P

I've only used Tenderizer once. He was fine, but I used him WAY too defensively, that I ended up essentially playing a 5 vs 6 match-up for most of the game.

2 hours ago, the_aY said:

I've only used Tenderizer once. He was fine, but I used him WAY too defensively, that I ended up essentially playing a 5 vs 6 match-up for most of the game.

That is why I always have a hard time justifying bringing him as well.  I can have a mascot do what he does in most cases.

So I play a vs a lot of Engineers and Morts that really want to score with Mist, hoist, velocity, Pin vice etc. I would hope he would act as a buffer for the first turn goal attempt bullets that these teams often throw up and buy time for the rest of the team to manoeuvre around the pitch into shit kicking mode. 

+1 TN seems so sweet though. I guess it's the balancing act of when you play up and when you move back to defend that is his tightrope you have to walk.

ill keep trying until I improve.