Sign in to follow this  
Clocktopus

my incessant attempts to kill players with Fisherman has paid off

I had a game against a new (but talented) Masons player today, and decided to play a goofy, smashy Fisherman team.  I had Corsair, Tentacles, Sakana, Greyscales, Kraken and Gutter.

I won the roll and went for receive, and he moved Chisel up to get her to where she can annihilate someone, but I was prepared. Kraken moved up and dragged her in.  He tried to reposition her away from the incoming rest of the team, but it was no use, and Sakana with Corsair stomped her.  Then Honour started to engage, and we proceeded to just have a MASSIVE brawl in left field on my half for the rest of the game.  Long story short, Gutter was able to eat 3 people in a turn while Corsair was slowly walking up the field taking the ball back every time he lost it, but my opponent was tricky and was able to get 2 goals in a turn. The end score was 12-8 with me having scored only from murder.  Lot's of fun : )

36 minutes ago, Wallied said:

I still don't get Gutter.  How are we getting everyone so close, yet not killing our own guys?

I've had some success with pushing people to where I want them with Jac.

On 8/19/2016 at 1:42 AM, Wallied said:

I still don't get Gutter.  How are we getting everyone so close, yet not killing our own guys?

Simple, I swarm someone who is not moving again that turn, and abuse my 2" reach.  Then Gutter comes over and spins-to-win

45 minutes ago, Clocktopus said:

Simple, I swarm someone who is not moving again that turn, and abuse my 2" reach.  Then Gutter comes over and spins-to-win

Sounds about right. Just need to leave yourself an open side to bring her in and not hit anyone of yours!

I haven't used Gutter much as she's not painted, but I'm assuming we use Corsair and Kraken to pile up knocked down people for her to spin on. (They have tough hide so that helps minimize the damage she would do to a maximum of 8, if you can't find a better attack angle. She would get momentum off each spin and after 2 spins for 4 damage to one of the tough hide guys  she can spend the momentum to heal them, so it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.)

Ignore parentheses, I'm dumb

I'll be facing Butchers tonight and am considering fighting fish.  I'm banking on my opponent not predicting that, but I'm also thinking I might be INSANE to try it against Butchers, as they do the same thing and better.  

list would be something like:

Corsair
Tentacles
Kraken
Sakana
Gutter
Siren/Snakeskin

Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Clocktopus said:

I'll be facing Butchers tonight and am considering fighting fish.  I'm banking on my opponent not predicting that, but I'm also thinking I might be INSANE to try it against Butchers, as they do the same thing and better.  

list would be something like:

Corsair
Tentacles
Kraken
Sakana
Gutter
Siren/Snakeskin

Thoughts?

I would sub out Siren/ Snakeskin for Avarisse and Greede. I like having 3 big tanks with tough hide in the middle of the pitch with the potential to get 2-4 gang up bonuses. Singled out with Avarisse is great when you are looking for lots of successes from Corsair, and Avarisse has a good deal of momentous damage results himself. You could also consider Taking out Kraken for Jac. This way if you get ganged up on too much Jac can simply push people away. I like Sakana in the list for Weak Point, but I feel like if you are going to go fighting fish Siren and Snakeskin don't really fit the bill.

A+G aren't in my roster.  I can't remember if Jac is.  We were allowed 11 players so I ditched VetSiren, Salt, Angel, A+G (don't own them, anyway).

So then, Jac or Fangtooth in that slot.  Don't have much experience with Fangtooth, and he was kind of a disadvantage in my last game with him, but he did do a lot near the end.  Jac seems best.  

Corsair, Tentacles, Kraken, Jac, Sakana, Gutter seems like it could be ok. I think Fangtooth for Jac is a good option too, but you need to keep him away from your team until at least turn 2 so that he doesn't hinder their movement up the board. Once he is piled in though, he can do a lot of damage. Especially if Kraken and Corsiar KD the enemy and are both ganging up.

On 8/22/2016 at 4:09 PM, orange said:

Tough hide doesn't work against friendly plays, so it would be 12 damage if you've left someone in her melee zone.

Learned all too well when I've had to kill my own Ballista, Colossus, or Hoist.