Sign in to follow this  
Far_Traveler

Gottacon 2015 - Victoria BC in Canada

For those near Victoria BC, whom are getting Guildball figures?

Whom would be up for a Guildball tournament at Gottacon in February 2015? Would they prefer an informal afternoon of games instead? I think wethose interested could each have a team painted in time. It would increase interest in the game and encourage stores to get involved.

Other ideas?

I think a better idea might be to have a demo board with 3 on 3 for people to play on for one (or both) of the days, as it might be a little difficult to get enough people over for an actual tourney. That said, I'd love to get some more guild ball players over here!

Since the game is being released in January, myself and stick could still demo but it would be with unpained figs.

Is there any other kickstarters or just folks interested in the game in the area?

Our demo teams are virtually here, once they are we will be sorting the Pundit System, etc. and getting these to people - so expect for people like yourselves to have demo teams in December to paint and show the game with.

The demo 'pack' is also nearly prepared which includes cut down 3v3 cards for Butchers/Fisherman along with Quick Play Rules, etc.

SIgnup for Guildball at Gottacon 2015 is here.

Text: Do you like miniatures, soccer (football) and skirmish fighting? Then you'll love Guildball! The powerful Guilds of the land have taken advantage of the huge popularity of the sport as another means to control the masses. They invested vast sums of money; creating professional Guild sponsored teams and structured leagues. The public went crazy as the game was elevated to new heights of spectacle. Guild Ball was born amidst a blaze of interest and publicity and with it, a whole new business and revenue stream for the Guilds. Games are now played out in front of vast crowds of fans, whilst behind the scenes the results can mean fortunes are won or lost on the kick of a ball. So sign up and kick some balls! http://guildball.com/

Well, we demoed Guildball at Gottacon. Thanks Mat for the demo player cards and modified rules sheet! We met up with another person who participated and received many interested people to our table. Only one had time to play a demo game though, alas. Myself and stick will demo the game some more in our area. Here is the link to my blogpost on the entire event.

IMGP6230.JPG

Did have lots of people slow down and look during the 4 hour slot that we were there. And more than a couple people said they would play if they didn't have to rush to another event. It was really helpful to have two of us there so that one could talk to people. We played a total of three demo games, but two were just us passing time. Really good idea to have a stand up card explaining the game, for those that were a little shy. 

The demos were kept lively however. Far_Traveller had the idea of yelling “GOOOOOAL” every time a goal was scored. More than a few heads turned at that. People also drooled over the Alt Boiler that I had as an example of the miniatures. The demo cards/rules do a really good job of getting a feel of the game. We hope to do more demos around lower Vancouver Island to try and drum up interest in this great game.