Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Mako

      Training Ground   02/14/2018

      There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Kethith

What things are we all excited about? Let's get the hype back!

Recommended Posts

First, let me start by saying that I absolutely love this forum. It's been so exciting to discuss the game with everyone here and share in that anticipation with others and even see some of our suggestions have a real influence on the design process. It's been such jolly cooperation. Our conversations had been keeping me from restlessly scrolling my Facebook newsfeed, which can never be a bad thing, but the conversation has dwindled as the days have gone on between updates and that makes me quite sad. I find myself pulling it up at least 10 times a day and seeing if anyone has added anything new and being quite bummed out when I find only silence. I know many of us are still extremely excited and that that excitement is still growing day by day, like mine is. So let's get back to conversation! I'm throwing this question out as a kicking off point but I wouldn't mind at all if this became a rambling forum where we all just got the hype back. 

In the last update they announced that some new renders had finally been approved and that we'll be seeing them in the upcoming update. What is everyon most excited to see?

I know I can't wait to get a look at the darkroot minis. Anyone having anything they're dying to get a look at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually kind of curious about the Mimics.  Yeah, those things always freaked me out in the game so I'd like to see what the sculpts are like.

Those, and maybe Artorias.  And maybe the Executioner's Chariot.  Actually I'd like to see the Executioner's Chariot boss fight in action, I'm curious how they'd make it work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see a render of Solaire \[T]/ will they put him in his praise the sun pose or a fighting pose with sword and shield (in super bright yellow plastic of course)? Oddly Im much more interested in that model than any boss model haha. 

Generally, I would want to know more about how the rest of the game works (exploration, level up system, item system) not just the same boss fight they show over and over again :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vcatkiller said:

I'm actually kind of curious about the Mimics.  Yeah, those things always freaked me out in the game so I'd like to see what the sculpts are like.

Those, and maybe Artorias.  And maybe the Executioner's Chariot.  Actually I'd like to see the Executioner's Chariot boss fight in action, I'm curious how they'd make it work...

I'm definitely excited about the mimics. They're so tall and lanky. And Artorias is just a cool character design, lore and aesthetics wise. 

I've been quite excited about the chariot battle myself. Will we have to drop the gate as it circles round and round? Will the horses, if they can be called that, be a separate mini once they start melee combat? I doubt that last one, but I have been thinking how cool it would be to have separate minis for the boss transformations.

I can't wait to see the Manus figure. And I know we've seen the gaping dragon already, but I can't wait to slap that beast down on the table for the first time.

5 hours ago, \[T]/ SOLAIRE \[T]/ said:

I would love to see a render of Solaire \[T]/ will they put him in his praise the sun pose or a fighting pose with sword and shield (in super bright yellow plastic of course)? Oddly Im much more interested in that model than any boss model haha. 

Generally, I would want to know more about how the rest of the game works (exploration, level up system, item system) not just the same boss fight they show over and over again :P

Yeah, I cannot wait to see a video or demo detailing exploration and character development. I'm excited to see their plans for the merchant and the blacksmith. I'm hoping shortly after release we see an expansion that replaces their tokens on the bonfire tile with minis. I will give you all my money Steamforged. If you make it, I will buy it. And I am also quite excited about seeing the Solaire render and painting the his figure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan@3DIM said:

I want see their painted model and showcase. I don't want them rush it and ruined it

I just can't wait to paint the minis myself and see them on the tiles, which are looking incredible. When the whole game is painted, I will be extremely happy. A few of the minis will take no time at all to paint and look incredible, like Smough for example. The dancer, other than her cape, should be nice and quick too. It doesn't seem like they're in the business of rushing and ruining anything, so I wouldn't be too worried. I wonder if they'd have to seek approval for the painted minis as well. That might make the process take quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dasir said:

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing a full game demo of some sort. Really curious to see how the different mechanics will work out.

I think we'll see this soon. It seems like they've got most of the mechanics locked down at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AVGVSTVS said:

Excited for a full session demo, with exploration, invaders, and (mini)boss.

I can't wait to see some invaders and mini-boss action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 2:54 PM, AVGVSTVS said:

Excited for a full session demo, with exploration, invaders, and (mini)boss.

I'm also excited to see a full demo session and how their campaign ideas are.

Things I would love in a campaign:

> At the beginning you were revived. First "quest": Search for a town (the bonfire tile).
Maybe you must survive two tiles with or without a (maybe nerved) mini boss? Or just shuffle a bonfire/town card (maybe custom made or choose an existing card) with the others so you don't know when you will arrive in the town.

> While you discover new places you may find other npcs (of the summoned explansion or as tokens) who can be freed. Maybe they will also give you a mini quest.
Quest example: Kill a specific boss or you must explore a new tile and activate a ritual where you must draw two other exploration cards and survive them. Maybe a mini-boss + grunt Exploration Card would be a fun challenge :D ... or two invaders xD

> After rescuing a npc or fulfilling his quest the npc will wait for you on the bonfire tile. From now on you can buy new equipment from this npc or summon him to a boss fight.


> Interesting ways to make the encounters more challenging while the campaign progresses. Otherwise we will make this happen :P
I love to think about combining mini-boss, boss and mega bosses (and maybe grunts?) together to get a very unique experience, which you can only gain thanks to the board game :)

At last I want to thank steamforged for this awesome opportunity to get a very moddable board game of an unique and challenging game! YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had actually kind of forgotten about this game XD
I have a good reason though: life has been pretty busy lately, with me moving abroad as an exchange student and settling down. I've also backed a couple more Kickstarter table game projects in the meantime. But still, only recently I remembered about Dark Souls while thinking about a storage solution for my incoming pledges, and man... I can't wait for this game to come out. I have so much hype and anticipations for it, and I sure hope it will deliver. There's still a while left to wait though, and I seriously hope the game will be delivered on time.

Anyway, I think I'll come back and check a little bit more often this forum to keep the hype train going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really curious to find out how they plan on allowing for the player's health/stamina bar max to increase through leveling up. They have indicated that that's something that will be available but they have so far only shown character cards with a set number of spaces for the health/stamina markers.

I'd also really be interested in understanding more of how NPCs work as well as fog gates in the game. I was fairly disappointed to see a lack of bosses from DS3 (obviously the Dancer is the exception as well as an optional boss), but they haven't announced any of the really neat bosses that were in the game. Being that I've only played DS3 and Bloodborne, I feel I won't get that same nostalgic experience that many other players will feel while revisiting bosses they have beaten in earlier Dark Souls games. They (Steamforged) gave some excuse that they didn't want to spoil the video game for anyone but come on! The trailer for the game "spoiled" way more than any board game boss announcement or miniature reveal. It's too bad those bad expansions are so expensive. There should really be some sort of value bundle or something for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thewhiteog said:

I'm really curious to find out how they plan on allowing for the player's health/stamina bar max to increase through leveling up. They have indicated that that's something that will be available but they have so far only shown character cards with a set number of spaces for the health/stamina markers.

I'd also really be interested in understanding more of how NPCs work as well as fog gates in the game. I was fairly disappointed to see a lack of bosses from DS3 (obviously the Dancer is the exception as well as an optional boss), but they haven't announced any of the really neat bosses that were in the game. Being that I've only played DS3 and Bloodborne, I feel I won't get that same nostalgic experience that many other players will feel while revisiting bosses they have beaten in earlier Dark Souls games. They (Steamforged) gave some excuse that they didn't want to spoil the video game for anyone but come on! The trailer for the game "spoiled" way more than any board game boss announcement or miniature reveal. It's too bad those bad expansions are so expensive. There should really be some sort of value bundle or something for them.

I'm excited to see how you can increase your health and stamina too! I bet we'll see some rings that add extra spaces and things like that, but I don't know how they'll handle the idea of leveling up your base number since there is no Vitality attribute to level. Also, I'm interested to see how the estus flask works outside of the boss fight because as far as I've seen from the demo there appears to be pretty much no way you're beating the boss if you've taken any amount of damage from exploration and weren't able to heal it off before you get to that fight. For the purposes of the demo, you only get one use, but I just don't think that will cut it in the scope of a complete session.

Actually, it was From Soft that said no on the Dark Souls 3 bosses. Can't fight with the guys who own the license. We'll be seeing way more of the Dark Souls 3 bosses shortly after the game hits stores. I think that's going to be a big part of how they drive retail sales. Also, I believe Dark Souls 1 was just made backwards compatible, so you could totally play it and get that nostalgia. The game holds up, believe me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2016 at 10:40 PM, \[T]/ SOLAIRE \[T]/ said:

I would love to see a render of Solaire \[T]/ will they put him in his praise the sun pose or a fighting pose with sword and shield (in super bright yellow plastic of course)? Oddly Im much more interested in that model than any boss model haha. 

Generally, I would want to know more about how the rest of the game works (exploration, level up system, item system) not just the same boss fight they show over and over again :P

I would love to see Solaire's model in a dynamic pose, like throwing the lightning spear :D

Solaire-LS01.jpg

Solaire-LS02.jpg

 

also, I got hyped by Ornstein & Smough and the Four Kings... can't wait to paint those models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TheSalemLord said:

I would love to see Solaire's model in a dynamic pose, like throwing the lightning spear :D

Solaire-LS01.jpg

Solaire-LS02.jpg

 

also, I got hyped by Ornstein & Smough and the Four Kings... can't wait to paint those models.

Although I would prefer the sunpose on the model, the second best thing would be Solaire hurling a lightning spear. That would look so badass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice little article on kotaku:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/08/26/the-dark-souls-board-game-that-earned-3-7-million-on-kickstarter

Its nothing new and we have read the same info about a thousand times in different articles, but I take whatever I can get right now. Seriously Im so starved about new info Im about to go nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×