SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
SephArg

Late pledge vs Retail

Hi everyone!

I joined the forum recently. I´m quite excited about this game, since I love the dark souls world and I also like board games a lot, so this is joining two things i like.

I wanted to ask something that I couldn´t find on the page nor browsing through the forum (or at least isn´t evident for me)

What´s the difference between doing a late pledge of 80£ now and waiting for the retail version of the game and buy it from a store when it gets released?

From what I got, if we do a late pledge now we get some extra figures and expansions, but I´m not sure which ones. What I´d like to know is (or get an approximation) how much the game will cost on the store and what will come with it, to compare both options and see if it´s worth to pay 80£ now or if I´d be happy to pay a bit less for a more basic version on the store.

Thanks a lot!

Almost always better to get a late pledge if you are interested in the Kickstarter exclusives and extra goodies that won't be in retail. Will save you some money by late pledging vs retail as well.

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that there's not going to be anything exclusive to the kickstarter (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to hear otherwise), it will however be cheaper than purchasing all the expansions individually. As for expansions, I believe it includes the Player Characters expansion, base game expansion, the Iron Keep expansion, the armor set expansion, the invaders expansion, and the summons expansion, and a Solaire model.

Well, reading on the campaign page of the kickstarter, your £80 pledge gets you over £180 of retail value for free. So you definately want to jump in on a late pledge rather than wait for the retail. Like stated above nothing is exclusive (no CMON shenanigans here) so IF you wait for retail for some reason, you wont be missing anything game-wise, you just save a lot of money by late pledging.

I guess so there are exclusive in Dark Soul Boardgame Kickstarter.. Just a box cover and possibly few exclusive art work on paper as a thank you note.

There are no exclusive piece... Not sure about the one model with praise the sun pose, the one we unlock for the social.