Sign in to follow this  
Chade

Which Mascot to buy?

Hey,

I decided to extend my Union players to full team and went to the aggressive side with Veteran Rage. I try to keep my collection small, so I'm probably buying just one Mascot. Out of Coin and Stongbox which you would suggest and why when my other Union models are Veteran Rage, Gutter, Fangtooth, Minx, Mist and Hemlocke?

From what I've deduced myself Coin would be useful every round but Strongbox might have bigger impact on that one big turn when you go all in. What do you think?

I Want To Believe in Strongbox, but realistically speaking the shoes he has to fill are enormous. As interesting as Strongbox is both for holding the center along with his captain or actually as a Red Fury target during a My Gang turn under Vet Rage (rolling 6 or more dice on a 2 long playbook with +1 damage against a KD'd target is dangerous!) in reality Coin is just a rock solid staple who does great things with no real effort or setup. There is definitely a reason why Coin gets called the best mascot in the game

Coin is probably the best mascot for any time so far, so definitely what you want in a competitive team (but I'd also say Blackheart is a LOT better all round than vRage), but Strongbox looks a little more fun to play.

Strongbox looks great and would probably be a blast to play with.  But I feel like you are giving up too much when you pass on Coin. Bag of Coffers is IMO the best mascot play and you get 2in reach with a 1 hit tackle.

If you keep Coin back (like I do), a charge to defend the goal can work, at least to steal the ball.  That 9in threat range and the chance at a wrap for a momentous hamstring and a tackle followed by a kick can clear the danger. Getting in the fray with 2in reach can yield enough extra dice to turn a game. 

I like strongbox and i feel he combos well with blackheart.  Currently i am testing out a team with blackheart, strong box, avarisse, decimate, harry the hat.  Not sure the last piece, maybe minx, hemlocke or mist depending on the scenario.  Getting high tac with this team is the goal.  I like the idea of confidence on a charging minx seems really good to maximise the successes.