It's just going to be Tater, they would have mentioned if they were releasing the starter box.

On that topic, any word if Tater will be available online for those of us who can't get to GenCon like the con exclusives usually are?

The email I got just showed Tater and said

""When we design new models and guilds for Guild Ball it is imperative that they bring something new to the table...each model should feel distinct and have a clear role to play for their team. The Farmers are no exception, planting 'harvest-tokens' across the pitch and reaping these later in the turn when they need to."

Want to be the the first to see what these 'harvest-tokens' do? Make your way straight to GenCon Booth 3025 to get your hands on the exclusive sculpt, Tater's card and, start using him in the Big League.

Tater will act in a way we've never experienced on the Guild Ball Pitch."

Nothing about a box, and no clear indication of who he works for other than you can use him in the Big League which implies he works for somebody.

The email indicates he will work for all Guilds, but belongs to the as yet unreleased Farmers Guild. The model at Gen Con will be an alt sculpt of him, although we don't know what either sculpt looks like right now.

Won't be a Farmers starter set at GenCon, I'm pretty sure Season three will start officially Salute 2017, that will be my educated guess. 

This is from a Pundit on Facebook:

'Some news I can confirm about this new player you've probably all seen by now:

*  He will be released at GenCon but he will almost certainly also be available online at the same time, like any show-exclusive models.

*  He is a player for the Farmers Guild and is being pre-released in this alt-sculpt show version to give people an insight into what sort of rules/style the new guild will bring in Season 3.

*  This model will be allowed to play for all guilds upon release, but only in casual, non-sanctioned play, until his official release in Season 3 with the rest of his guild.  So, other guilds, enjoy him for now!

He yeah, he's going to be a bit of an Averisse and Greede for a while, only his sack doesn't detach for an extra activation (that I've been told).'

(I assume this is okay to post?)

50 minutes ago, still-young said:

This is from a Pundit on Facebook:

'Some news I can confirm about this new player you've probably all seen by now:

*  He will be released at GenCon but he will almost certainly also be available online at the same time, like any show-exclusive models.

*  He is a player for the Farmers Guild and is being pre-released in this alt-sculpt show version to give people an insight into what sort of rules/style the new guild will bring in Season 3.

*  This model will be allowed to play for all guilds upon release, but only in casual, non-sanctioned play, until his official release in Season 3 with the rest of his guild.  So, other guilds, enjoy him for now!

He yeah, he's going to be a bit of an Averisse and Greede for a while, only his sack doesn't detach for an extra activation (that I've been told).'

(I assume this is okay to post?)

Got a link to the FB post please?

Yeah I really don't think they'll put out a new starter for season 3, even as a limited quantity pre-release, when they still have what... 15 models for season 2 left to release? And season 2 tokens to boot.

I'm pretty happy to hear that it'll likely be available online for those of us outside (and inside) the US that can't make it to GenCon. I'll have to set myself a reminder to order him. Pretty stoked at the concept of the Farmers guild too. I'm betting the mascot will either be a cow or a rooster.

7 hours ago, Rejusu said:

Yeah I really don't think they'll put out a new starter for season 3, even as a limited quantity pre-release, when they still have what... 15 models for season 2 left to release? And season 2 tokens to boot.

Exciting to see the direction of some of the Season 3 models/rules, but I agree, I would very much like to see the remainder of the Season 2 models and their tokens making it to market first!

51 minutes ago, Neil Peckett said:

Exciting to see the direction of some of the Season 3 models/rules, but I agree, I would very much like to see the remainder of the Season 2 models and their tokens making it to market first!

This.

16 hours ago, still-young said:

I was kinda hoping he'd be a model showcasing that in S3 each team gets a player with "Selective [XYZ]". Either way, looking forward to picking one up!

A Farmers Guild!....Great!!

Im hoping for...

A captain by the name of Old MacDonald...big amish guy with a bristle beard and a pitchfork!

a pigboy...dirty rascal with herderstaff used for tripping people over!

a milkmaid with a large pair of jugs in a white milkmaid shirt named Rosie McGee!

a goat as a mascot!

a cheesemaker that reeks of smelly noxious green cheese and speak with an outrageous french accent!

a mechanic scarecrow (made by the engineers) with hay sticking out of it and crows nesting on its head! (Could be a goalpost idea instead?)

and finally Tater with his scythe as the handsome muscular 'give all the women in the crowd rosy cheeks' farmhand!

Just my two copper pennies!

On 7/5/2016 at 1:07 AM, sious_69 said:

The chance of their being a starter Box for Farmers is about as good a chance of Perkins beating an Australian in any endeavour - ie, nonexistent 

I am so glad I pulled off maintaining the Aussie curse of you'd all have disowned me so fast...