Sign in to follow this  
cfcbaker

Back to the shadows Scoring

26 minutes ago, cfcbaker said:

Can you make a back to the shadows move when your activation ends after scoring a goal?

Assuming your damaged someone, yes. Scoring ends your activation. B2tS triggers at the end of your activation. I also believe B2tS would occur after you Run the Length.

It's slightly more complicated AFAIK because of the ruling on linked being an active character trait you need to choose to use before you shoot the goal that ends your activation.

Unlike linked however you can't "choose to use" back to the shadows before you shoot a goal.

Unless lawyers say you can and we'really hand waving it. 

I just took a look at that one, and I think it's the same case. You've damaged someone, you say 'I'm activating B2tS at the end of this activation,' then you shoot. Then you can Run the Length. Then you can B2tS

While it is a bit stupid and unintuitive given that BttS may as well not be optional (given you can dodge 0) but I can see that being the eventual ruling sure. 

I think they'll both eventually end up ruled the same way - passive traits that are triggered by the end of the models activation, not something that needs to be declared as an action during your activation.

FearLord has guessed correctly. Following more discussion, we have decided that Linked and Back to the Shadows are Passive Character Traits. They are triggered by the end of the relevant model's activation.

To answer the initial question, yes, you can use Back to the Shadows after scoring a goal, before the Goal Kick occurs.